Here's my updated list of "movies worth watching"

Attachments

• movies_worth_watching.xls
    167 KB · Views: 191
chart game practice update

Attachments

• chartgame.com_practice_results.xls
    123.5 KB · Views: 152
I went long 1 MGC contract (small gold), worth 13k of gold. Just 800 of margin required. I'll hold it for the long term, against hyper-inflation, just as I am holding different currencies instead of just USD.

I will hold it until December, when it expires. I might even buy 1 more, if gold falls lower.

E-micro Gold

If hyperinflation happens...

...my buddy Salman Khan (remember my thousands of math exercises?):

Hyperinflation - YouTube

... if hyperinflation happens, the USD will go down, but GOLD will go the other way. That way, I will then exchange my USD for whatever currency is still secure. Or I'll roll over.

Last edited:
Bingo!

I found the perfect combination of ingredients for a quick daily meal of about 940 calories, and yet nutritionally perfect - and yet also easy to eat, quickly, without having to spend all day chewing vegetables.

See attachment below for details.

Very quickly, it goes like this:

half a liter of skim milk with a bowl of kellogg's cornflakes (the special k kind, with the added vitamins and minerals) and 1 weetabix

The seeds: a spoon of flaxseed, hemp seeds, sunseeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazilnuts, bitter almonds (against cancer), sesame seeds, and pistachios (five or six is what fits in a spoon).

Then simply a couple of squeezed oranges, which you drink, so that's totally easy.

And finally 3 kiwis.

You're all done. Even 2 kiwis is ok.

This is much better and nutritionally more complete than what an average person eats, despite their intake of 3 times as many calories.

Attachments

• raw_vegan_diet.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
these cocksuckers, when they're showing off their foreign languages have a tendency to laugh, I don't like it at all:

Sandra Bullock - Speak German quickly - YouTube

Natalie Portman hebrew interview - YouTube

But this one is shocking... she's so good that she doesn't need to laugh:

Jodie Foster French interview 15/09/1997 - YouTube

Still a show-off though. Although let's not forget that taxi driver is my favorite movie.

JODIE FOSTER 14 ANS EN 1977 , INTERVIEW .HD1080P - YouTube

wow...

Jodie Foster - Golden Globe Awards 2013 - YouTube

Last edited:
Ok, I thought I'd quickly stop by, just to keep you updated.

At the moment, as far as discretionary trading, I am holding some metals and some grains, because they were really low, and so if hyper-inflation is to happen, I will be holding some "physical" goods. The value of USD will lose 50% but the amount of USD will double, given my investment - which at any rate cannot really fall any lower. So this isn't really one of my typical trades, because I'll be holding it for months, probably till December's expiration.

Now, as far as automated trading, what I really have to deal with is something else, quite a feat. I have to do a brain transplant from my previous DDE excel workbook to the new workbook, which is based on the newest version of "twsdde.xls", IB's sample sheet.

My first customization of that file dates back to 2005. Since then, I've already done a couple of brain transplants, because these sample sheets get obsolete, along with their VBA/DDE code within (written by IB programmers).

Just last Monday, things on my workbook weren't working anymore, after my break of 4 months due to insufficient funds (I need a large capital to trade my systems, with my new automated money management formula): it stopped sending orders to TWS.

It's a lot of work. I first downloaded the latest twsdde.xls, removed all the unnecessary sheets: all of them but these:

tickers,
basic orders, extended order attributes (I kept deleting it without realizing I needed it),
historical data,
account

Then, given that these 5 are all I need, and given that my old customized twsdde.xls has about 50 sheets, the easiest thing to do now is to do a brain transplant from the new twsdde.xls to the old (modified) one.

But to do an effective brain transplant, I first need scoop the previous brain out of the old (modified) sheet. This is going to take a while, because I also have to check all the connections that my added VBA modules have to the old IB brain, and reconnect those to the new brain. A lot of work, but it would be more work if I tried different routes.

And then, when I'll finally be done, I will turn it on, and hopefully I will be able to say "it's alive!":

"It's Alive!!!" - YouTube

Almost done. I started yesterday and I will finish tomorrow. It seemed like a hell of a nightmare, but it wasn't. The planning part was very important though. If I hadn't planned so carefully, like you plan surgery, i might have taken a much longer route.

For example, I decided to move the new brain on the old sheet, but initially I was thinking of moving the customized 50 sheets to the new twsdde.xls. That might not have worked (when you move things around, you get a lot of problems with the references) and I might have wasted a month on it, and given up.

This was awesome planning, I'd say. A dog barking woke me up at 5 am, and that's when I came up with the idea of transplanting the brain from the new sample sheet to the old customized one.

Oh, and the idea of discarding ActiveX wasn't granted at all. I thought about it, and I decided it wasn't worth all the work. After these useful decisions and planning, I managed to finish everything in just 48 hours (including tomorrow). I am very satisfied with myself.

Last edited:
Bingo!

I found the perfect combination of ingredients for a quick daily meal of about 940 calories, and yet nutritionally perfect - and yet also easy to eat, quickly, without having to spend all day chewing vegetables.

See attachment below for details.

Very quickly, it goes like this:

half a liter of skim milk with a bowl of kellogg's cornflakes (the special k kind, with the added vitamins and minerals) and 1 weetabix

The seeds: a spoon of flaxseed, hemp seeds, sunseeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazilnuts, bitter almonds (against cancer), sesame seeds, and pistachios (five or six is what fits in a spoon).

Then simply a couple of squeezed oranges, which you drink, so that's totally easy.

And finally 3 kiwis.

You're all done. Even 2 kiwis is ok.

This is much better and nutritionally more complete than what an average person eats, despite their intake of 3 times as many calories.

Bingo again!

If you remove the two oranges, given that vitamin C is supplied from the kiwis, you get a nutritional value just as good if not even more balanced, and only 800 calories.

So this diet is good, if you're missing out on nutrition, because you're eating out, but you want to catch up when getting home, even if you're not hungry. 800 calories and you're ok for the day.

But it is also good if you're not hungry, are sitting down all day long, and can only eat a limited amount of food: so, once again, seeds + cereals and milk + 2 kiwis

If you eat this every day, and nothing else, you will lose about 5 kilos per month, until you get into perfect shape and then stay there... but you still will lose one kilo per month, so you should double it up - or simply eat other fruits and vegetables of your choice.

Have you seen the well-to-do
Upon Lennox Avenue
On that famous thoroughfare
With their noses in the air

High hats and narrow collars
White spats and fifteen dollars
Spending every dime
For a wonderful time

If you're blue
And you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where Harlem flits
Puttin' on the Ritz
Spangled Gowns upon the bevy of
High browns from down the levy
All misfits
Puttin' on the Ritz

Putting on the Ritz - Original 1930 Movie Sequence High Quality.wmv - YouTube

That's where each and every lulu-belle goes
Every Thursday evening with her swell beaus
Rubbin' elbows

Come with me and we'll attend their jubilee
And see them spend
Their last two bits
Puttin' on the Ritz

------ short instrumental break ------

(Boys, look at that man puttin' on that Ritz)
(You look at him, I can't)

If you're blue
And you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where Harlem flits
Puttin' on the Ritz
Spangled Gowns upon the bevy of
High browns from down the levy
All misfits
Puttin' on that certain Ritz

That's where each and every lulu-belle goes
Every Thursday evening with her swell beaus
Rubbin' elbows

And see them spend
Their last two bits
Puttin' on the Ritz

------ piano solo ------

And see them spend
Their last two bits
Puttin' on the Ritz

Black trombone
Monotone
Le trombone
C'est joli

Tourbillonne
Gramophone
Et baîllonne
Mon ennui

Serge Gainsbourg - Black Trombonne (1962) - YouTube

Black trombone
Monotone
Autochtone
De la nuit

Dieu pardonne
La mignonne
Qui fredonne
Dans mon lit

Black trombone
Monotone
Elle se donne
à demi

Nue, frissone
Déraisonne
M'empoisonne
M'envahit

Black trombone
Monotone
C'est l'automne
De ma vie

Plus personne
Ne m'étonne
J'abandonne
C'est fini

Ok, I thought I'd quickly stop by, just to keep you updated.

At the moment, as far as discretionary trading, I am holding some metals and some grains, because they were really low, and so if hyper-inflation is to happen, I will be holding some "physical" goods. The value of USD will lose 50% but the amount of USD will double, given my investment - which at any rate cannot really fall any lower. So this isn't really one of my typical trades, because I'll be holding it for months, probably till December's expiration.

Now, as far as automated trading, what I really have to deal with is something else, quite a feat. I have to do a brain transplant from my previous DDE excel workbook to the new workbook, which is based on the newest version of "twsdde.xls", IB's sample sheet.

My first customization of that file dates back to 2005. Since then, I've already done a couple of brain transplants, because these sample sheets get obsolete, along with their VBA/DDE code within (written by IB programmers).

Just last Monday, things on my workbook weren't working anymore, after my break of 4 months due to insufficient funds (I need a large capital to trade my systems, with my new automated money management formula): it stopped sending orders to TWS.

It's a lot of work. I first downloaded the latest twsdde.xls, removed all the unnecessary sheets: all of them but these:

tickers,
basic orders, extended order attributes (I kept deleting it without realizing I needed it),
historical data,
account

Then, given that these 5 are all I need, and given that my old customized twsdde.xls has about 50 sheets, the easiest thing to do now is to do a brain transplant from the new twsdde.xls to the old (modified) one.

But to do an effective brain transplant, I first need scoop the previous brain out of the old (modified) sheet. This is going to take a while, because I also have to check all the connections that my added VBA modules have to the old IB brain, and reconnect those to the new brain. A lot of work, but it would be more work if I tried different routes.

And then, when I'll finally be done, I will turn it on, and hopefully I will be able to say "it's alive!":

"It's Alive!!!" - YouTube

Almost done. I started yesterday and I will finish tomorrow. It seemed like a hell of a nightmare, but it wasn't. The planning part was very important though. If I hadn't planned so carefully, like you plan surgery, i might have taken a much longer route.

For example, I decided to move the new brain on the old sheet, but initially I was thinking of moving the customized 50 sheets to the new twsdde.xls. That might not have worked (when you move things around, you get a lot of problems with the references) and I might have wasted a month on it, and given up.

This was awesome planning, I'd say. A dog barking woke me up at 5 am, and that's when I came up with the idea of transplanting the brain from the new sample sheet to the old customized one.

Oh, and the idea of discarding ActiveX wasn't granted at all. I thought about it, and I decided it wasn't worth all the work. After these useful decisions and planning, I managed to finish everything in just 48 hours (including tomorrow). I am very satisfied with myself.

... one day later, here I am, almost done.

As I finish this, I find myself being slowed down by something inside me... that seems to be attached to this job. I guess it's the same as it is for a bricklayer. I don't feel like laying the last brick, because I know my awesome job will be over, and I'll be unemployed. I want to make it last, almost, by how much I liked the process. I've done a really good job, an orderly job. Congratulations to myself. Thanks.

I definitely feel differently when I am doing things such as... anything on my job (not that I don't do a good job, but it's not a pleasure), or when someone asks me to translate something.

It's crazy, man: I seriously don't want to finish this job. It's all planned out, the last task of changing the references (on the excel sheets and on the vba modules) to the Tickers sheet (that changed). All it'll take is like 10 minutes. For some reason, probably close but not exactly the one I mentioned, for some reason I cannot get myself to finish this job. And certainly it is not because I am tired. Nonetheless, I'll do it.

It might also be close to the feeling of a parent who raised a child and then the child is ready to move out of the house... Gee, I don't know what I'd do. After spending 20 years bringing up a child, if he left, I'd be pretty upset. In a similar way, I don't want to finish the job on my systems, because then they won't need me any more.

Manhã tão bonita, manhã
De um dia feliz que chegou
O sol no céu surgiu
E em cada cor brilhou
Voltou o sonho então ao coração

Maysa "Manhã de Carnaval" - YouTube

Depois deste dia feliz
Não sei se outro dia haverá
E nossa manhã, tão bela afinal
Manhã de carnaval

Astrud Gilberto - Manha De Carnabal - YouTube

Ok, all done. My feat is accomplished.

Last edited:
I am kind of happy, or mildly sad... well, this kind of happiness:

Astrud Gilberto - Manha De Carnabal - YouTube

Like... happy, but not euphoric. Happy, like after you've killed your enemies. More like "satisfied".

Enemies I've killed are: my own greed, my own restlessness, and more of my own internal enemies. I've killed the programming bugs as well.

I've recovered all my capital. I will be running my systems again, starting Monday.

I've recovered all my capital, but I am not feeling restless as I was feeling when I last had this capital in March. Now I am calm.

I've defeated my own restlessness and gained a lot more self-control capabilities.

I am not "discretionary gambling" anymore, but, while practicing on the chart game (been doing it for months, every day), I am hedging against hyperinflation, with long-term (several months) gold and grains investments.

What can I say, all I have to do now is find a good movie and watch it.

Other than this, I should not get excited, but from now on, most likely, I will be making from my trading systems, on a monthly basis, more than I make by working at the bank.

This is quite satisfactory for me. I should keep calm and keep doing it. There's no reason to get restless now.

The godfather part 2 ending scene - YouTube

Right. I know there's more enemies coming.

End Title - The Godfather part II - YouTube

That's it. I'm going to watch the godfather, again, for the umpteenth time. It's a movie that teaches us how to behave in society. It's like a movie on how to raise children and how to educate yourself.

I'm gonna buy some beer first. But nothing else, no sweets or similar. It's going to be a healthy weekend.

Here's the link:
Watch The Godfather online - download The Godfather - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis

Best streaming server:
2.The Godfather (1972).mkv | SockShare

Last edited:
NAV vs visitors

20120829-20130822_NAV_vs_visitors.jpg

But this is in turn related to the fact that when I do discretionary trading usually I post a lot more and I post more suspense-filled posts. Lately, I haven't been trading nor posting that way.

The markets are about to close, and I'll do my summary, won't post it, because it got boring after doing it so many times.

I am going to say something about the office.

There's this new colleague, who joined our team about a month ago, he's much older than me. As I always do, I helped him out immediately, trying to make him feel at ease in the new place.

Well, pretty quickly he took to calling me "steve" as in "steve jobs", because he meant that I was good with computers. But this idiot, because that is what he is, does not realize that it gets tiring to be called "steve" every day for a month. So I told him and he started to call me my real name.

But this guy is from Tuscany and he feels that, like Roberto Benigni and other Tuscan comedians, he has to be funny all the time - yet he doesn't have the brain to produce good jokes, so he just jokes about things that aren't funny - he's totally retarded. I guess the fact of travelling around the world made matters worse, because if you travel and you're from Tuscany everyone will expect you to be funny and you'll start thinking that you are funny, just like if you're Italian you're expected to be a great lover.

It is getting on my nerves all this joking around, often at my expense. I am as serious as the godfather, so we're like oil and water.

I've been able to work on this guy and get him to change his ways, because I do not want to make an enemy out of him, but I don't know if he's intelligent enough to pay me the respect I expect. He might be too stupid to understand that he has to respect me much more than he's respecting me right now.

So I am totally upset by this stupid guy who jokes nonstop, and basically I can hardly put up with him. I am going to give him another two weeks, especially after my colleagues will come back from their holidays, and if by then he doesn't pay total respect to me... then I am just going to avoid him big time. But then, once he's in my black list, he's not getting out of it. He has two more weeks at the most.

Just because I am friendly to you, given that you're the newcomer, doesn't mean you can call me names other than mine, and disrespect me in other way. This moron doesn't understand that I've just been being generous to him and that I can discontinue my generosity at any time.

What's really hard in this situation with the moron is that we're both walking a fine line:

1) he's joking all the time and that bothers me, but then he's going to lunch with me, paying me compliments, seeking me for help and friendship... very contradictory - only good explanation is that he's an idiot

2) I am torn between giving him a chance to learn how to respect me and stop joking and be bearable, and getting fed up and avoiding him altogether.

Very hard situation and totally in my hands. He doesn't know he's part of an experiment. My experiment with self-control.

Right, because remember how I told you that for good trading, you need to practice self-control and ego-restraint? Well, self-control also affects my relationship with him, in that if i get offended by him is only because I still have a big ego left, and if I react to his obnoxious incessant joking it is because I am not in control of myself.

I am not good at handling idiots. That's for sure. Joking idiots are not my specialty.

I ain't gonna quit until I've educated him.

Last edited: