Mr Charts Training

General Exhaustion

Do you think he cares what you assume

Almost certainly not.

May or may not know what prolix means - either way he doubtless takes it as the compliment it may be intended to be.

PS My Avatar works faster and for longer than yours!

Last edited:
LevII said:
Is it fair to assume, on the basis of the prolixity of your posting, here and elsewhere, that you are one of the ones who cant?

LII
Now Sir, you Sir it is your turn now Sir !

Now that I have a minute I can devote my attention to you and your question above.
I am not in the habit of makng statements I can not back up.
Put your attention on No Indicators straight away.
Look at my posts this afternoon, live.
In particular see 1135 # 1136 # 1137 # 1138 # 1139 # 1140 # 1141 # 1142 #1146 #
You can see that not only do I do it but I am able to do it AHEAD OF TIME, as my use of time
is evidently also different to yours. This will answer your question.
Kind Regards.

Oh ! And by the way ~ this was done on raw data. My computer was down until I was able to re start it and I do not have a chart for the instrument, I am not telling you this to baffle you even further but it is the truth.
Have a nice Weekend !

You are therefore advised not to test their patience and goodwill too much as you might all be destined to suffer the fate you are not aware of but with the benefit of hindsight you ought to have most dreaded.

If only they knew....

Great stuff !

My edumacation is getting gooder as I read these posts.

SOCRATES said:

I am not in the habit of makng statements I can not back up.!

But the really bright ones ... do not want to be pestered by the dunces, and will go to extreme lengths to hide their success, so they will remain very quiet, or even go to the extreme of pretending to have given up or even failed.......anything.....not to be pestered by what they view as parasites.

I'm simply asking why, if you are one who can, are you not acting like the really bright ones - ie, if I understand correctly, remaining very quiet? Please forgive the question if the answer is obvious but I'm not very bright and take some time to catch on.

LII

ceco short $44.25.covered $43.49.could have got more out of it,busy with a long on cable which was playing sweet music to me.thanks richard.screw the nhs and the new dentists contract

Lev2:

I can understand your scepticism of Socrates - I was there once too.
I am NOT a follower of Socrates, as I prefer to follow the market!!
May I offer my take on this ?

At school, I was taught the the world was made of atoms, visualised as balls; a green ball as an electron, a blue ball called a proton, and a red ball called a neutron.
I used simple arithmetic to do calculations.
Because I was too immature too understand anything else.

At college, I learned that the atom was composed of same things, but more as energy levels.
Electrons , protons and neutrons are composed of quarks; charms, up, down and strange quarks.
I was taught calculus.
Because I was a bit more mature in my thought processes.

Now, having dropped out of college, but still am interesting in such things.
I understand that electrons may just be wave-forms, and protons and neutrons, arent solid, and may actually decompose.
I don’t understand the maths regarding quantum mechanics - YET !!!

The point is, our perception of the market is a reflection of our level of insight.
I am still a trend-follower, and it works for me - but I seek more deeper knowledge.

I regard myself as college level market-player.

Socrates is a professor - he has a deeper insight, he sees the world in the form of quantum theory, whereas I am still struggling with wave-forms !!
But, with perseverance, I will acquire Socrates insights.

We have to acquire this knowledge step by step - I despair of people who join this website and want a “simple method to make a million by Christmas” and to be taught this in a 2-day seminar, as that’s really want they are asking !!

Give Socrates a chance - most of his postings I reject as I don’t understand it.
Then suddenly, he uses an analogy that describes something clearly.
At that point, something I rejected earlier becomes clear, and I can make sense of it.

This trading lark is long drawn out process - not unlike this post !!

Have a good weekend all.

LevII said:
I'm simply asking why, if you are one who can, are you not acting like the really bright ones - ie, if I understand correctly, remaining very quiet? Please forgive the question if the answer is obvious but I'm not very bright and take some time to catch on.

LII
It is very simple ~ I have already achieved what I set out to do, weeks ago.

Trendie............a brilliant analysis ...........and what you say about despairing of people who come to this site expecting to learn it all without putting the effort in, I can only agree.

John

crystal ball?

MT

SOCRATES said:

Now that I have a minute I can devote my attention to you and your question above.
You can see that not only do I do it but I am able to do it AHEAD OF TIME, as my use of time
Kind Regards.

Oh ! And by the way ~ this was done on raw data. My computer was down until I was able to re start it and I do not have a chart for the instrument, I am not telling you this to baffle you even further but it is the truth.
Have a nice Weekend !

message from God?

MT

SOCRATES said:

Kind Regards.

Have a nice Weekend !

And at a very basic level now consider the plight of the poor tutors, and the predicament they are apt to find themselves in, which is as follows:~

Different individuals are attracted to this profession for different reasons, many of these are looking for a challenge and a change of lifestyle, others because they are housebound for one reason or another, others because they simply cannot face working for someone else, others because they are fed up with what they are currently doing, others because they want to improve their performance, BUT, underneath all of this ALL of them are attracted to what they believe to be easy money without effort.

Here is where the problem starts. When they find they have to seriously engage brain, this they don't like. They don't like it at all. What happens is that they do not believe what they are told. What they are told is the result of the experiences of all that have gone before us. For them to benefit from these experiences they have to dump what they assume and to do what they are required to do. This they do not want to do either.

In fact , many start to work exceedingly hard at not working. This is a curious statement. I will expand on this. As a consequence of their own life experiences they are not prepared for the merciless scenario that trading presents to everyone in the form of a challenge so different to everything they have experienced before that they refuse to accept the rules.

They try to skirt the rules. The rules will always be there. The rules ensure that unsuitable people do not succeed. Therefore in order to have a chance of succeeding first of all the rules (which are the rules of engagement, by the way) have to be recognised and obeyed.

They are not willing to do this either. They think they are cleverer than everybody else and go on to do stupid things.

They trade instruments they do not understand, they enter markets they should not at their level of knowledge and experience enter, they start to trade in multiples that they cannot afford, they put on positions without stoploss protection and saunter off to mow the lawn, they refuse to be self disciplined,
they get agitated at a loss and have another go and another and another, and all of this I mention above WITHOUT USING STOPS, and then they start to create problems by blaming everybody except themselves.

All of these individuals who at first seem to be reasonable and responsible get blinded when they imagine they are going to have the world for breakfast in their first week, because their perception of wealth is the wrong perception.

Their love of money is so great - they are not concerned with the importance of being consistently right first and then the money afterwards, you understand ? They want the money now, or yesterday, if possible.

Now they are persuaded by their own wrong ideas that there are shortcuts. Sadly there are none. When they are told this they don't like it either. They disregard it completely. They now form themselves into KNITTING CIRCLES hoping this will solve the problems they face with their own atttitudes and character deficiencies, that they do not accept as they view themselves as perfect.

They gravitate not towards making efforts to come to terms with what the market delivers in the form of unexpected information shocks, by first of all mastering techniques and then coming to terms with themselves. Oh ! No ! All that is only for "ignorant" people as they have degrees and whatnot. Sadly the market does not recognise who has a degree and who hasn't, as the market is not there for the benefit of some pillock to come along and pluck profits without knowledge, a method, and self governance of the highest order, with protective stoploss precautions in place.

They believe the market to be there for their exclusive benefit. And when they are given repeated warnings by the tutor, morning noon and night they go in one ear and out the other, as this is not what they want to hear.

The tragedy is that all of them are children. They are children in a ferocious adult trading world.

This they are not able to recognise either, because when they are strongly recommended to spend time studying and revising what they have been taught in order to commit it to memory in order to gain complete famiiliarity, as these gentlemen who are on the other side of the trade are not going to recognise they are novices and give them time to make up their minds one way or the other or allow them mistakes.

And the ultimate dilemmma is that even the broker whether voice or electronic cannot force these idiots to protect themselves by using stops and from the dangers of overtrading.

All of these "candidates" appear normal and reasonable as ordinary people to start with but when they perceive "money" they all go mad. I tell you it is quite horrifying. Of course it is never known in advance who is going to behave and who is not as they DO NOT CARRY LABELS STUCK TO THEIR FOREHEADS ,which THEY OUGHT TO for everybodys peace of mind.

But Socrates .....

We need these people to feast upon !!
Who else is going to pay my mortgage !!

So, all you wannabee-gordon-geckos, roll on up !!

:)

Are you alright trendie? Your acting.. different somehow.

Socrates, why dont you write a book I'm sure it will be a best seller in trading circles. And why not have a trading letter with your predictions.. you could make a fortune on subscriptions alone, if you are so accurate. Thousands would hang on your predictions. You would not only be an accomplished trader but famous and even more richer too... a celebrity in the trading community! Go on!

I am fine pkfryer !!

Its the second half of this Moet that may be the cause.

pkfryer said:
Are you alright trendie? Your acting.. different somehow.

Socrates, why dont you write a book I'm sure it will be a best seller in trading circles. And why not have a trading letter with your predictions.. you could make a fortune on subscriptions alone, if you are so accurate. Thousands would hang on your predictions. You would not only be an accomplished trader but famous and even more richer too... a celebrity in the trading community! Go on!
You mean.....for everybody....to read ?

I recall reading that the originator of the Turtles believed that he could print his rules for free in the Wall Street Journal - and very few would make money.
This has to do with confidence in the rules, sticking to the rules in an extended drawdawn, and the discipline if the traders.

So, you could write your bestseller, and it would be like Stephen Hawkings "A Brief History of Time" - a book just about everybody bought, but few ever got past the first few pages.

Your secret could be everywhere - and very few would be the wiser.

Go for it !!

MysticalTrader said:
crystal ball?

MT

You have it so wrong MysticalTrader, its tea leaves, mine said buy the ES at 20:05 yesterday, and it was spot on. And I had a nice refeshing drink too.

Last edited: