Message For Ftse Traders......

I'm on my 4th short. The 2nd one cost me a bit but the others have all turned right. I'm not, by nature, a scalper but it is a case of snatching what I can get.

What I want to know now is.......

Exactly, what we all want to know. :p

Split

Help!!! I don't know what I want to know??????

The ftse really likes to bouce off those overnight lows eh?!

I'm convinced that there's a high probability gap fade trade on the FTSE and DAX. How to play it safely is the problem. I'll post some data over the weekend and we can chew over it, unless anyone else is already doing this or has gone broke trying.

The market's bouncing quite a bit since the Citi news came out.

I'm convinced that there's a high probability gap fade trade on the FTSE and DAX. How to play it safely is the problem. I'll post some data over the weekend and we can chew over it, unless anyone else is already doing this or has gone broke trying.

The market's bouncing quite a bit since the Citi news came out.

Hi Rennie,
I do look for gap fills and fades but this is an island isn't it - ie reversal?
All the best
KJ

Hi Rennie,
I do look for gap fills and fades but this is an island isn't it - ie reversal?
All the best
KJ

Today is going to be a bit different. There'll be a lot of emotion in the market, so things can overshoot on both sides.

I took 27 points of that little flush out and I'm looking to see where we can hold. The 23% extension of yesterday's range is coming up and we're way oversold, but...

Help!!! I don't know what I want to know??????[/QUOTE

I didn't know, for sure, either. You've just got to come to a decision and wait for the result.

I'm on record, here, for being a shorter. Therefore the thing to do is to try to find the high for the day. It took me three shots but it paid off Once your decision is made don't reverse, just keep pegging away, keeping stops reasonable. If it is no good, pack it in for the day and consider your direction for the next day.

I believe that trading in both directions is strictly for the dedicated . I don't do it.

Have a good afternoon.

Split

what happend?

i pop out for a back rub and the market smashes through yesterday's low 3803 and down to first target of 3787. next target is 3755ish.

I'd go small size and wide stops for a while. The whipsaws could be huge today. XLF below $7.50 in premarket :-0

vcvohan, Viks - I hope you took some money off the table at 3795ish before it tailed down. Edit - so you brokeven too. I was long from 3788 and bottled out at breakeven as I felt it was too lethargic to be sure of reaching your 3805 target. I figured there would be a better setup later in the day to push it. Can I ask, it is IG that you are using? Do they give you any better spread than 2 points if you haggle? Is there anyone else you know who genuinely offers 1 point spreads on the FTSE cash?

Last edited: