Article Member Profile: chronictrader

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,427 46
My BackgroundWow…so where do I start? Those of you who know me on here know me as ‘chronictrader’. (Don’t ask me where that name came from – I put Chronic in everything!) Those in ‘real life’ know me as Mike. At the grand old age of 24, I am probably one of the younger traders on here and work full time as a Management Consultant. It is a very broad profession, but summed up nicely in this quote: “A consultant is someone who saves his client almost enough to pay his fee and talks enough sensible nonsense to sell on more work”. I am the oldest of 3 boys, love football and love the gym – I always have a protein shake… or two with some green tea besides me whilst trading – always helps to feed those brain muscles! And the arms too. From that rambling introduction, you can probably guess I’m a part time trader… well sort of.
Trading – the early yearsHow I got into trading is quite a simple story. I took 2 years out after university and started predominantly investing in...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack81

3 0
Quick questions.

Great article, thanks. A couple of quick questions:

1. Why the DAX? Since you seem to be completey technical do you feel that it performs in a particularly technical fashion?
2. When you say the DAX are you saying that you only trade the index or stocks within the index?

Thx

chronictrader

2,791 306
Great article, thanks. A couple of quick questions:

1. Why the DAX? Since you seem to be completey technical do you feel that it performs in a particularly technical fashion?
2. When you say the DAX are you saying that you only trade the index or stocks within the index?

Thx
I wouldn't say I'm completely technical, but most of the time I am. If something big fundamentally is coming out, then I tend to focus more on the fundamentals than the technicals. So in answer to your question, yes, I do believe it tends to behave in quite a technical fashion. 4 hr works an absolute treat. As I said in the article, it's about playing the odds.

And I trade the index not individual stocks within the dax.

mxer474

15 0
Hey mate i decided to leave TV and come on a more "positivelesspessimisticegoinfestedforum" if you know what i mean LOL Let me know where i can find the indice rooms that you are in! cheers

JSMITH07611

90 0
my point of view

here is my question.
Why would or should i bother trying to spend hours learning the markets and finding a way to that suits my style. It is extrememly time consuming and emotionally straining. whats better is if you have a good winning strategy, then i should just copy trade your strategy. there are many brokers that offer social trading (yes i know often their spreads are a bit more rubbish like etoro but say for example ayondo who's spreads are not too bad)
My point is this. I am a human being with a brain (albeit maybe a bit rusty). You mr chronictrader are a human with a brain. my goal is too make money so is your goal the same. you will keep perfecting your system to make the most gains and so will i. do you think my strategy, if i spend the same amount of time on it will beat yours. I don't believe for one minute that you will think that. Actually even i think that my strategy won't beat yours. but lets say for arguments sake it is 50/50. that sounds fair. ok so therefore there is no incentive for my to take my strategy over yours.

SO WHY SHOULD I BOTHER. why not just copy your strategy and save myself many hours of wasted time.
There are other great traders such as Atilla or dentist007 where he posts multiple times a day http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technical-analysis/183506-trading-p-f-3.html
I have asked this question since i joined but never recieved a logical answer. you can judge the answers below and decide for yourself

answrers that people have mentioned
ans1. I won't let you copy me! imagine everyone copied me then it would sway the markets
ans2. i'm going to charge you a fee for copying me. (fair enough, a small fee is far better than my many hours wasted)
ans3 The brokers where i trade don't have copy feature. (fair enough, so do the same trades only in a smaller number by a broker that does do copy trade so others can benefit and you will get a small fee)
ans4. You seem like a clever man so you should design your own strategy. (well if you think i'm cleverer than yourself why not copy me)