Article Member Profile: CityTrader

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,437 50
My BackgroundGrowing up in suburban NW London, by the time I was taking my ‘A’ Levels, I had absolutely no idea what career I wanted to pursue. Through lack of any inspiration, I was signed up to City University (a Polytechnic in those days) to do a foundation course in accountancy. With all due respect to the number crunchers of the world, I’m sure it’s a wonderful career, but it just wasn’t for me. My parents noticed an ad’ in a paper: ‘Domestic & International Metal Traders require a trainee’. Apart from being in Kentish Town, it sounded exotic and that was my intro’ into the world of trading.
After a couple of years there I moved onto the London Metal Exchange (LME) and, at 20 years old, found myself transferred to New York for a very interesting couple of years! The LME was an amazing place to learn about futures, albeit with their arcane rolling three month settlement system. After only a few months on the LME floor, an opening became available broking metals to U.S...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Geddes

81 10
Excellent and very interesting article. Good to hear "professional" views from someone who's been there and done it for real.

remme001

69 2
I enjoyed the read. Considering you no longer day trade how long do you normally hold your positions now?

2be

Staff member
1,847 291
Thank you for sharing your story.
Interesting to read someone's experience trading AIM.