Article Member Profile: Rhody Trader

T2W Bot

Staff member
1,473 70
My Background Let’s see. Where to begin… Well, to start, I’m from the States. Grew up and lived the vast majority of my life in the Northeast – Rhode Island and Massachusetts specifically. As a teenager I was heavily into computers, and had originally planned on earning a college degree in computer science. My secondary interest in the markets ended up taking over somewhere along the way, though, and I ended up studying finance instead. That saw me take a job as a junior analyst coming out of school.
My career path since then has been quite convoluted. I wrapped three periods in the employment of Thomson Reuters (originally Thomson Financial) around grad school and a 7 year stint as a full-time volleyball coach. While in the industry I mainly covered forex and the Treasury market, but at times also handled stock and commodities.
Yes, I did say I was a full-time volleyball coach for a while – specifically at the Division I level on the women’s side. It was...
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NVP

Legendary member
37,513 1,978
hey John !

Hey john

Great to read about another regular T2win contributer .........jees never realised you were working on a phd - and on trader performance !
Sounds to me that you could combine those coaching talents and Trading skills into coaching high performance trading ?.............................Steve Ward openly admits he is ok at trading but his real skills were around coaching others to be the best of the best .........and has also published at T2W
anyway good to read about you ...........and you are 100% right about finding your own path ............and also i agree that newbie traders can get distracted in the early years by too much interaction with other traders ..especially if you have somewhat contrarian approaches
regards
Neil
NVP

Rhody Trader

2,620 265
Great to read about another regular T2win contributer
Not anywhere near as "regular" as you!

.........jees never realised you were working on a phd - and on trader performance !
So basically you admit to completely ignoring my threads Forex trader success rates - some real data and What are your questions about trader performance? :p

I'm so looking forward to finishing up the PhD thesis so I can actually work on turning the research - and more like it - into something useful for traders rather than the academic discourse I've had to do up to this point.

Sounds to me that you could combine those coaching talents and Trading skills into coaching high performance trading ?.............................Steve Ward openly admits he is ok at trading but his real skills were around coaching others to be the best of the best .........and has also published at T2W
But wouldn't that make me vendor (gasp!)? :-0

I definitely have a strong teaching/coaching/educating tendency. I just always seem to be pulled in that direction.

azedine

1 0
Hey john

Great to read about another regular T2win contributer .........jees never realised you were working on a phd - and on trader performance !
anyway good to read about you ...........and you are 100% right about finding your own path ............and also i agree that newbie traders can get distracted in the early years by too much interaction with other traders ..especially if you have somewhat contrarian approaches
regards
Neil
NVP

NVP

Legendary member
37,513 1,978
Not anywhere near as "regular" as you!

So basically you admit to completely ignoring my threads Forex trader success rates - some real data and What are your questions about trader performance? :p

I'm so looking forward to finishing up the PhD thesis so I can actually work on turning the research - and more like it - into something useful for traders rather than the academic discourse I've had to do up to this point.

But wouldn't that make me vendor (gasp!)? :-0

I definitely have a strong teaching/coaching/educating tendency. I just always seem to be pulled in that direction.

I will rectify that omission when I get more time dude - sorry ! :cool:

................and regarding the Vendor thing...........I'm in the same boat ............I would probably like to share a few ideas one day but clearly at present that would mean sacrificing my presence at T2win so I will focus still on my finance career whilst trading P/T

N

NVP

Legendary member
37,513 1,978
Hey john

regards
Neil
NVP
why was this repeated on the thread by another member ? :eek:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock