Major upgrade to T2W coming soon!

Hi Sharky, I'm a member of another forum that is built using Xenforo software, it has a 'Chat' window at the bottom of the main page. I don't use it much myself but it is quite popular. Have you considered this feature for T2W 2.0?

If I recall rightly, we had something like this back in one of the earliest versions of the site. As you say it's not for everyone, and im experience it rarely ads anything of substance to the site. Once you've added a handful of those it bloats the software, and ends up being more difficult to maintain the site, so generally I'm against it.

Will you include past likes ?

Yes, those will be carried across, BUT unfortunately comments won't be, they're not supposed by Xenforo.

Just to touch upon FXX's suggestion of some MyFxBook style stats book.

I'd be willing to pay for it.
Could be a little earner for you Sharky.

Problem is it's a massive amount of work to implement something like that well, and if all you're trying to do is recreate for the most part what's already available it's a hard sell. I think we should focus on what we've done best in the past and that's the forums themselves.

By way of an update, I'm still working towards getting us moved over before the end of this month. I'd like to make the switch this week if possible, but that might be somewhat ambitious.

I would like to put forward what seems a good idea for the new website if I may.

Make it possible for the thread starter to have a restricted thread. The entry requirements can be set by the thread starter. One such thread it would be useful for is making a new algo.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ng-all-great-idea-together-2.html#post3079986

Although this particular thread starter looks like he wants this one open to all and sundry.

It's a damn shame that the new software doesn't support the ability to add comments to 'Likes'. I think it's a great feature and I will miss it!

I would like to put forward what seems a good idea for the new website if I may.

Make it possible for the thread starter to have a restricted thread. The entry requirements can be set by the thread starter. One such thread it would be useful for is making a new algo.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ng-all-great-idea-together-2.html#post3079986

Although this particular thread starter looks like he wants this one open to all and sundry.

What you're describing is the functionality we already have in the Journals forum, and which will also be available in the new site. We can always move a thread created elsewhere into that forum. I don't think we'd want to make all threads restrictive, better to set this on a per forum basis only as we do with the Journals.

It's a damn shame that the new software doesn't support the ability to add comments to 'Likes'. I think it's a great feature and I will miss it!

I know, I wasn't over the moon when I discovered it wasn't supported. On the plus side, I know that the new software will soon support not just a simple Like, but Reactions, like you might be familiar with on Whatsapp or Facebook, think happy, sad, surprised emoticons, I've seen the implementation and it's good, I think you'll like it.

So, my plan is to make the switch on Saturday, 1st December. Saturday tends to be quieter than during the week and it will take several hours to move everything over. During this time the site will be inaccessible except for a notice page. We'll be changing the DNS to point to our new Google cloud servers, and this can take 24-48 hours to propagate, meaning if you type www.trade2win.com into your browser you might still get sent to the old server. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that, but from my experience it usually take a lot less time for the majority of folks, a few hours at most to propagate. My hope it that by Monday everything should be work normally; and a lot faster than it does today!

Why is there an "IP" button?
Why does anyone need to know that?

Can you pm me where you're seeing that? As you shouldn't be able to see that. It could be something to do with your user group permissions as you are/were a member of a few private groups.

Attachments

• newt2w-1.png
    newt2w-1.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 253
Forex Factory (sorry) has a function where you can list all the attachments or images on a specific thread.
this is useful if you are looking for a specific PDF, or piece of code (eg, .mq4), without trawling the entire thread.
this new-T2W doesnt have that?

Can you pm me where you're seeing that? As you shouldn't be able to see that. It could be something to do with your user group permissions as you are/were a member of a few private groups.

I think its because I am set up as moderator!
Top-left I have "moderator" showing. That might be it.

Forex Factory (sorry) has a function where you can list all the attachments or images on a specific thread.
this is useful if you are looking for a specific PDF, or piece of code (eg, .mq4), without trawling the entire thread.
this new-T2W doesnt have that?

Voila... test it out for yourself here:
http://new.trade2win.com/threads/trading-the-nq.218992/attachlist

I think its because I am set up as moderator!
Top-left I have "moderator" showing. That might be it.

That would explain it! I'll fix your permissions now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-11-23 at 11.36.28.png
    Screenshot 2018-11-23 at 11.36.28.png
    207.5 KB · Views: 385
overall first impressions = fresh, modern, slick.
obviously, we have to adapt to the new style, but looks very professional.

i have one complaint. It doesn't bring me coffee on demand, whats going on here!

Last edited:
I don't see a 'Go To Last Post' for a thread. That is a handy feature.

So the functionality is similar to what we have today. If you click on threads via the 'new posts' page or sidebar, it'll automatically take you to the newest unread post. If you click on a thread via the forum list of threads, then the thread title will take you to the first page, but all multi-page threads show numbers for the last pages, so you can click the last number to go to the last page - same as what we have now but it doesn't explicitly say 'last page'. I think after using it for a few days, it'll become second nature, but I'd definitely want to hear from members after a week or two if something still doesn't quite feel right. Then we can easily change it.

So the functionality is similar to what we have today. If you click on threads via the 'new posts' page or sidebar, it'll automatically take you to the newest unread post. If you click on a thread via the forum list of threads, then the thread title will take you to the first page, but all multi-page threads show numbers for the last pages, so you can click the last number to go to the last page - same as what we have now but it doesn't explicitly say 'last page'. I think after using it for a few days, it'll become second nature, but I'd definitely want to hear from members after a week or two if something still doesn't quite feel right. Then we can easily change it.

It may be too late to bring this up, or maybe not, but if changes can still be made, I have to wonder what the purpose of the page with forums, what's going on, and top 25 stats is. For example, "new posts" carries much more information than "latest posts", including what forum the post is in, so why have both? As for "most viewed" and "top posters", these don't necessarily convey the desired message. For example, rather than "most viewed" perhaps "most liked" would be better. Rather than "top posters" perhaps "most liked", though combining "most liked" posters and "most liked" posts would accomplish the same goal. Right now, "top posters" means those who post the most, which is not necessarily a good thing, given those who make post after post in rapid succession just to get their name on a list. Back in the good old days when James Lee owned TL, those who had the largest number of "liked" posts were rewarded (you did something similar once upon a time). This reduced trolling to a large extent and also provided newcomers with some measure of whose opinions were valued and whose were not. And of course a large set of "quality" posts increases page views and time spent on site.

Just a thought.

Db