Lord Flashearts Rogue Traders and Watchdog Thread

whats the point ? - an easy way to make a living perhaps ?? better than getting a real job with a boss etc. ?

I actually had a couple of weeks trial on TDs room, it is actullay very good, informative, good market analysis and overview, good software. However, as the trigger is based on 1 hour and I can't monitor that much during the day I decided it wasn't for me at this time.

TD also goes under "the_wizard" name over on FF. You will note that back in 2007 he blew a few accounts and was on the verge of quitting but he seemed to try new styles and eventually came back a while later profitable...

IMHO there are vast amounts of untapped methods to make money through trading and associated trading, but far too many of the herd follow the same overgrown yet well trodden path. I have to say (and this is not a swipe at TD) that selling courses, mentoring, having trading rooms.. is not necessarily the last refuge of the lowest common denominator, but It's all been done to death hasn't it? I mean honestly, what's the fookin point?

Why go looking for scammers?
Is it some paranoia going on since Jacko's been exposed
as an alleged scammer.
The bloke pretty much hardly ever posted a chart,
just said what a great business forex is for an easy life and
how easy it is to follow the chart up or down from left to right of the screen.
As vague as anything.
Then said how wonderful his profits were and over at FF plenty seemed to fall
for it. I never saw why.
He may have been a genuine trader, but so far as I could see he certainly wasn't a teacher.

whats the point ? - an easy way to make a living perhaps ?? better than getting a real job with a boss etc. ?

I actually had a couple of weeks trial on TDs room, it is actullay very good, informative, good market analysis and overview, good software. However, as the trigger is based on 1 hour and I can't monitor that much during the day I decided it wasn't for me at this time.

TD also goes under "the_wizard" name over on FF. You will note that back in 2007 he blew a few accounts and was on the verge of quitting but he seemed to try new styles and eventually came back a while later profitable...

I think it's an entirely predictable part of the human psyche, "how can I very quickly capitalise on my brief success?" and the vertical marketing opps with trading are enormous...so long as you recognise who your victims are..failed or failing traders...or *time poor* part timers...

I think it's an entirely predictable part of the human psyche, "how can I very quickly capitalise on my brief success?" and the vertical marketing opps with trading are enormous...so long as you recognise who your victims are..failed or failing traders...or *time poor* part timers...

thats 95% of the posters that are therefore potential victims.

Perhaps the only way to frighten the pack is if EVERYONE became a vendor , so much so that even a noob would likely think f*** that ! And they might DEMAND greater validation before falling prey , or think, er so many f***ing hyenas I better learn this sh!t for myself ,I'm outtie !

Now all that said my next door neighbour once said, even if you do try to help people and give them true accurate and beneficial advice, some will still not be able to change. DNA make -up or something ? In that they cannot physically, nor mentally evolve, due to their genes and the limitations they impose.

:cry:

Perhaps the only way to frighten the pack is if EVERYONE became a vendor , so much so that even a noob would likely think f*** that ! And they might DEMAND greater validation before falling prey , or think, er so many f***ing hyenas I better learn this sh!t for myself ,I'm outtie !

Now all that said my next door neighbour once said, even if you do try to help people and give them true accurate and beneficial advice, some will still not be able to change. DNA make -up or something ? In that they cannot physically, nor mentally evolve, due to their genes and the limitations they impose.

:cry:

Well we know from the famed Turtles experiment (and others) that those who simply follow a plan to the letter made cash, those who got 'clever', or veered didn't...Says he who broke his own set of rules this morning; decided to play with GBP/JPY this morning on short term TFs, didn't use a trailing stop...twice...Skulks back to the relative safety of my 'nicely' behaved calm EU pairs, until the next time...:eek:

As for plagiarism yep it's rife already, folk are selling each others' wares on E-bay for a couple of quid these days...the Dave Robinson PDP course is on there for a tenner, I got mine for free..:LOL: I reckon the price of these courses/dvd's, mentoring programmes etc.. will get so low it'll be laughable..

But you're right, no matter how some folk kid themselves that they can fashion a career out of self employed trading they can't, for a varierty of reasons. We have to firstly defrag ourselves, looking back I only came to terms with taking losses by taking lots of 'em, big and small, the hating losing at anything for me was a huge challenge...and IMHO only sweat trading that through enbabled me to reach a happier place. Being able to deal with/take losses and in some ways embrace the *ridiculousness* of what we do is a huge part of the trader make up doncha think?....

To think that we arrive at this journey thinking you need an entry based system and or a bit of coaching...:rolleyes:

Mobanded has just joined the forum and is going to give 10 days live calls before he starts charging. Lets hope he produces the goods and does as he says,or it could be the threads first gang bang:)

Matt alright you have nothing on us,the vultures are waiting.

But Stanzione shows his profits - his actual spreadbetter statements.
Still doesn't convince me that he knows how to trade,
or to buy a course from him.
Perhaps he may have two accounts making opposing trades. Easy to show a gain that way.
Or several accounts and just show us his winners
I've seen his dvd course, tripe and a rip off IMO.

My point is its hard to judge profitability. There are plenty of smoke and mirrors
ways to distort it.
However from TD's posts and threads I get the impression that he trades well
and lives off his trading.

I'd take trading lessons from TD over Stanzione and many many other vendors anyday.
If I had to.

That's the key item in that sentence.

Mobanded has just joined the forum and is going to give 10 days live calls before he starts charging. Lets hope he produces the goods and does as he says,or it could be the threads first gang bang:)

Matt alright you have nothing on us,the vultures are waiting.
:whistling
guillotine.jpg

Rothschild gave the impression he was well off and drunk fine wines etc...how can anyone really prove that the money is coming from trading without live calls ??

Rothschild gave the impression he was well off and drunk fine wines etc...how can anyone really prove that the money is coming from trading without live calls ??

they cant really unless they gave very accurate entry points and conditions that we can check and use.I have no problem with that,but live calls are always best

Guys, live calls dont mean a lot, are you gonna sit here for a year monitoring them?

Plus, 10 live calls.. god, let a mouse do that.

You need 3 - 5+ years minimum. (And even then, i've seen guys lose their mojo and quit the business).