London Academy of Trading

has anyone here done the course with these guys? I spoke to them on the phone a while back and they sounded very legit. I asked a lot of questions and they were all answered properly. There must be someone in london actually offering genuine prop training, if its not these guys, would be glad to know who is a better option ...

has anyone here done the course with these guys? I spoke to them on the phone a while back and they sounded very legit. I asked a lot of questions and they were all answered properly. There must be someone in london actually offering genuine prop training, if its not these guys, would be glad to know who is a better option ...

it all sounds a bit dubious to me....

what sort of questions did you ask them? I'd be inclined to ask about where their previous 'graduates' ended up... perhaps they could cite someone who's now landed a job as a trader at some bank or other?

Finance/Financial Engineering MSc programs will often publish the placement record and examples of roles landed by the previous intake on the course websites

shouldn't be too hard for an 'academy' to do...

Don't waste your money on any of these courses. They are all a waste of money.

Yes, they did!!

I applied for an "internship" online, the ad was saying we are looking for a trainee trader, then they called me back asking me why would I like to become a trader? I gave her my answers, she came back to me with this course (£6500 Inc VAT). In the beginning I was excited but after I read your threads I changed my mind, thank to all of you: clap: I am a postgraduate student, I am studying Exchange and Financial Markets, I always say that "I am good at theory" but I need to find a way to get started to trade: Demo Account etcetera. Any suggestions about a "demo software" whit which is possible to trade FX/Derivatives? Thank you so much.

You can only get the experience of trading by trading. Best would be to get a trader internship in a big bank, as you wouldn't have to pay to learn the ropes (just enduring long hours and being the bitch of everyone on the desk), but this is hard to get these days.
Whether a £6,500 course is "fair" is up to you and your personal situation. If you are committed to becoming a trader, I think it is acceptable as you will certainly learn a lot and it can open doors afterwards, as you will have a bit of experience. You also have to accept that return on investment might only come 5 years down the road, but remember that the first trading job is always the hardest to get.

Hi guys,
Has anybody have any experience with Academy of Financial Trading as I am about to enroll on their course Ultimate Trading Programme(which is discounted from £2000 to £500) after completing foundation course .
This their address:
31 Fitzwilliam Square,
Dublin 2,
Ireland.
I would very much appreciate help on this or pointing me out in right direction.
Thank you in advance.
Tom.

Hi guys,
Has anybody have any experience with Academy of Financial Trading as I am about to enroll on their course Ultimate Trading Programme(which is discounted from £2000 to £500) after completing foundation course .
This their address:
31 Fitzwilliam Square,
Dublin 2,
Ireland.
I would very much appreciate help on this or pointing me out in right direction.
Thank you in advance.
Tom.

None of these companies is going to train you to make money. If you can't make money after paying them for a foundation course why would you give them even more? After you pay for this course you won't make money either, then they'll sell you more crap.

I would never teach skills that I have learnt over the years. The only exception to this would be my kids.

Its like giving away business secrets to your competitors. It does not work this way.

And trading cannot be learnt by taking courses. For foundation building, there is tons of course study material available on line for free.

Hi guys,
This their address:
31 Fitzwilliam Square,
Dublin 2,
Ireland.
Thank you in advance.
Tom.

Hi Tom,

Did you ever complete the Ultimate Trading Course?

I also completed the Foundation Course which I enjoyed very much, but as this only cost me £20, I felt the jump to £500 rather more questionable.

Hi Tom,

Did you ever complete the Ultimate Trading Course?

I also completed the Foundation Course which I enjoyed very much, but as this only cost me £20, I felt the jump to £500 rather more questionable.

read all the stuff before you spend another penny

I got on the Foundation Course of this company through a deal on Groupon. For around 25 euro's. The foundation course provided me with some basics on trading which was nice for this low amount. Now that this course is alsmost over (2 lessons left) they call me up every week asking if I want to join the Ultimate Trading Course....indeed with 73% off the actual price, but still pricey at 500 pounds.

I don't know what to expect but I think it's more or less the same from what you can read from many trading books. The only thing that it's maybe more narrowed down and structured in a couple of lessons, and of course you can ask questions.

They say clearly, "don't expect to be a millionaire within a couple of months" so they don't promise to much. Just providing some interesting techniques based on technical analyses.

Myself, I'm not truley convinced yet....The business model is very interesting (for them) when you think of it. Classes are provided through online sessions. So for them it does not matter how big the group is, costs are the same. But every extra participant is 500 pounds :). Just imagine 100 participants... Well that's a nice fee to do a online sessions for..

Acadamies of trading ?............whatever next ?...........Trading Teachers that can actually make money trading ?

Last edited:
Hi

Has anyone heard of this academy or know any traders that have been through it?

Its part of aldersgate investment management group?

Just thought id get some feedback on here

What was the outcome - did you attend LAT?

read through the thread...

why on earth would you want to pursue this nonsense?

read through the thread...

why on earth would you want to pursue this nonsense?

Just curious and I'm bored of sitting at home and in coffee shops reading all day - wouldn't mind mixing it up and meeting some like minded people.

Granted, I'm with you - if someone knows how to trade, why would they teach it? Unless they've made enough money trading and don't want to take anymore risk, maybe they want to give back or get a kick from teaching. Gods knows. But, if someone has attended recently I'd be curious as to the feedback.

Just curious and I'm bored of sitting at home and in coffee shops reading all day - wouldn't mind mixing it up and meeting some like minded people.

Granted, I'm with you - if someone knows how to trade, why would they teach it? Unless they've made enough money trading and don't want to take anymore risk, maybe they want to give back or get a kick from teaching. Gods knows. But, if someone has attended recently I'd be curious as to the feedback.

[I did not read through the thread, just the latest posts]

Hi Lockdown. I myself have not attended LAT. However I have spent some time working with two guys who spent several months with LAT around three years ago.

Their feedback was that LAT's focus seemed to be to getting students to pass some sort of exam. Looking back they felt that LAT did not fully prepare them to be traders - following the course they were not able to go write a business/trading plan and figure how to really go about things. They covered a huge amount of technical material but it did not seem focused enough.

However they did find the networking aspect to be beneficial and they did have access to at least one successful trader, who was one of the instructors.

That's all I remember from their feedback.

In terms of value for money, I think you could do a lot worse than LAT!!

sounds like an expensive way of doing that

here is one experiment you could do if you're interested in pursuing this - phone them up and ask about where their 'graduates' ended up, average pay etc... the sort of information you could get from say a masters program in finance/financial engineering. They seem to be claiming that people taking their courses can be placed in banks, funds etc.. call them out on it. Maybe there are some people on linked in who've landed trading roles as a result of successfully passing one of these programs... then again maybe there aren't.