Online Trading Academy (London)

Hi Jd.
I was wondering what happened.
Have you done the course? Any trading success?

After Christmas I thought more about what OTA told me about SB Firms and the cash needed to use a DMA platform like Trade Station. £4k for course £5k to trade a deposit plus 6 months salary in bank to support myself

AND

Thought F##K that, back to poker :cool:

2 weeks ago I got a call from OTA offering me an exclusive free offer of a course although he did not say what course just that he wanted to confirm my attendance in St.Albans. I told him thanks but I no longer trade or have an interest in trading.

This is not the case but I don't want sales calls. (y)

I have been thinking of changing my job from Cab Driver to something else but what ?

Poker ? Well good enough to make money but not consistent to earn a living long term.

Trading ? Well the one main problem is putting enough on a broker to earn a living plus I need to learn tons more.

Conclusion

I decided two weeks ago I will try to become a home retail trader but its going to take a while. Looking for more learning material but I'm not going to pay ££££ in the hope of becoming a profitable trader. Demo trading and small deposits until I got £10k plus on a broker.
But to trade from home full-time I still think you need a Trade Balance of £20k to be able to trade small pip moves on high pounds per point to earn a living. Then you need cash in reserves to live off day to day and further you need a reserve cash tank if you run bad. Because as we all know you will lose trades.

So this last week I went over my Trading Pack I put together and decided I will Spread Bet as with the means available this has to be in my view the most cost effective to start. If I make it as a Full Time home Trader making a good income then the target platform has to be Dukascopy.

But I will start with Smart Live Markets and trade Part Time starting April 2011 and will blog a journal on here.

Now just to get out of being rusty I loaded SLM with £20 and put it in the Journal section to trade it up but.......not doing well lol just shows being under capitalised does not work.
Demo trading progressing but I have not really had the time to sit and trade well so happy with my progress back to trading.

Its going to be a long road but I'm willing to take the first steps to change my life....

Its going to be a long road but I'm willing to take the first steps to change my life....

Good luck.

From my experience so far as you have good analytical skills (knowing where your stop and target is before entering with statistically proven success rate), set risk amount (at the beginning never more than 1%) and patience you should do all right.

:eek:

I haven't been to this FX show, but I've met Dary few times before. IMO he is a nice guy - not kind of pushy salesman. Few times he showed few of his strategies. Once at his stand they were serving Champagne to the show attendees.

I've met lots of scammers, he's on the list. Once again we have someone who knows how to try and make himself look good. I am going to checkout their strategy to see if its worth taking the other side.
:D

After Christmas I thought more about what OTA told me about SB Firms and the cash needed to use a DMA platform like Trade Station. £4k for course £5k to trade a deposit plus 6 months salary in bank to support myself

AND

Thought F##K that, back to poker :cool:

2 weeks ago I got a call from OTA offering me an exclusive free offer of a course although he did not say what course just that he wanted to confirm my attendance in St.Albans. I told him thanks but I no longer trade or have an interest in trading.

This is not the case but I don't want sales calls. (y)

Hello all, I saw the thread and thought I'd give my recent experience with regards to OTA, I went to a 'free workshop' which they set up a few weeks ago, for the afternoon at offices in Canary Wharf in London.

It seemed as if some of the basic advice they were giving seemed sound and common sense, they then had an expert trader to run us through a trade, then came the hard sell, at no point through this presentation did they say the price

The first offer on the slide show presentation at this point was for a whopping £3,333 +vat, (£3995 incl) however, this was for a six day course of which you could take as many times as you want, with part of their specialty of doing live trades with real money, their own by the way.

They had no one biting, they the next 'offer' they had, was to take the course once for £2,000 + Vat (£2,400 Incl),

There was still no one biting, Then came the final once only today special offer, set up on the backs of one of the 'traders/saleman' there, was to allow you to take the single course with option of upgrading to the complete course within 90 days of taking the initial course. Still no biting, they seemed to get a bit pissed off and essentially told anyone who wasn't interested to leave.

I'll admit I was interested to a point, so i did inquire a bit further, and asked them to let me sleep on it.

I didn't expect anything, then a few days later one of the guys rang me and asked if sitting on one of their training sessions would help me make up my mind, so I agreed and to traveled to Radlett.

On the day I got there, the guy who arranged it was of sick, and I ended up sitting in reception for almost an hour, this gave me a chance to have a quick read through part II of the course manual, and i can honestly say what I saw in there was nothing I hadnt seen elsewhere, on the Internet or in books.

By this time I got bored and asked the receptionist have they forgotten about me, she spoke to someone else in one of the offices and I overheard by accident some of the conversation and he seemed pissed that I was there. so I decided this wasn't for me.

On the note of the live trading, the limits were very small that they were allowing the students to trade at, they were basically one position at a time, and no more than 70cents (US) as a stop loss, another thing that didn't sit well, was the class size of up to 18 for one trader/teacher, personally I thought this was too big, I may have been wrong in my assessment.

I think in general anyone offering training that doesn't put the price up front in their literature or on the web site, is be viewed with caution, also the hard sell when they just make up 'on time today only' special offers also adds to that. For example you can look at any kind of education institutions or training or whatever and they will have a price list. these guys don't.

There were just too many question marks and as myself I am currently out of work, and have limited funds and looking for some other way of making some money, this was just too costly and risky.

I guess the bottom line is you can read books and watch youtube vidoes learn and open an account of some sort for your self at the half the cost of their course and learn of your own back. At least you know where you money goes if make a few mistakes in the trading, rather than up £4k for nothing

I hope this has been of help.

Hello all, I saw the thread and thought I'd give my recent experience with regards to OTA, I went to a 'free workshop' which they set up a few weeks ago, for the afternoon at offices in Canary Wharf in London.

It seemed as if some of the basic advice they were giving seemed sound and common sense, they then had an expert trader to run us through a trade, then came the hard sell, at no point through this presentation did they say the price

The first offer on the slide show presentation at this point was for a whopping £3,333 +vat, (£3995 incl) however, this was for a six day course of which you could take as many times as you want, with part of their specialty of doing live trades with real money, their own by the way.

They had no one biting, they the next 'offer' they had, was to take the course once for £2,000 + Vat (£2,400 Incl),

There was still no one biting, Then came the final once only today special offer, set up on the backs of one of the 'traders/saleman' there, was to allow you to take the single course with option of upgrading to the complete course within 90 days of taking the initial course. Still no biting, they seemed to get a bit pissed off and essentially told anyone who wasn't interested to leave.

I'll admit I was interested to a point, so i did inquire a bit further, and asked them to let me sleep on it.

I didn't expect anything, then a few days later one of the guys rang me and asked if sitting on one of their training sessions would help me make up my mind, so I agreed and to traveled to Radlett.

On the day I got there, the guy who arranged it was of sick, and I ended up sitting in reception for almost an hour, this gave me a chance to have a quick read through part II of the course manual, and i can honestly say what I saw in there was nothing I hadnt seen elsewhere, on the Internet or in books.

By this time I got bored and asked the receptionist have they forgotten about me, she spoke to someone else in one of the offices and I overheard by accident some of the conversation and he seemed pissed that I was there. so I decided this wasn't for me.

On the note of the live trading, the limits were very small that they were allowing the students to trade at, they were basically one position at a time, and no more than 70cents (US) as a stop loss, another thing that didn't sit well, was the class size of up to 18 for one trader/teacher, personally I thought this was too big, I may have been wrong in my assessment.

I think in general anyone offering training that doesn't put the price up front in their literature or on the web site, is be viewed with caution, also the hard sell when they just make up 'on time today only' special offers also adds to that. For example you can look at any kind of education institutions or training or whatever and they will have a price list. these guys don't.

There were just too many question marks and as myself I am currently out of work, and have limited funds and looking for some other way of making some money, this was just too costly and risky.

I guess the bottom line is you can read books and watch youtube vidoes learn and open an account of some sort for your self at the half the cost of their course and learn of your own back. At least you know where you money goes if make a few mistakes in the trading, rather than up £4k for nothing

I hope this has been of help.

This has not been of help because you are a FcKuing liar. I know all the OTA staff and none of them would behave in the discourteous way you have described. (n)
The process you have described is also pretty alien to how they go about doing business. Most of their workshops are held at a time that a course is being run and any delegate can ask a student anything they like. The question of money is seldom raised, many people attending the courses are in businesses already, finance discussion is therefore a no no.
I will quote from one of my OTA coaches, "If you don't want to do as we teach you just blow up your account a few times, then you might consider learning how to trade".
I wish you luck trying to trade with informedtrades.com.

Last edited:
The question of money is seldom raised

Well that is true :sneaky:

In my experience the last hour of the day was the SELL:

OTA "All you have seen today you can achive with our Education and whats the cost of that"

Then came a BIG SLIDE on the screen

£3995.00

"Buy today for £3945.00" And then it hit me

Sales pitch from a Window Replacement company :LOL:

I was then taken into a room and further sold the idea of OTA. "Look if you sign up today I'll do it for £2000 and the rest on Direct Debit"

Then I did a ROSS KEMP

I GOT OUT OF THERE :LOL::clap:

I think informedtrades.com and other media on the internet has a place. The content that OTA will teach you is out there on the internet but its like sifting the river bed for gold, most of the time you just get mud.:LOL:

I have always believed you learn faster buy doing rather than reading a book. Trial and error is the key to all learning.

That is why all new traders should Demo trade first, if you blow up a £10,000 demo you will learn from your mistakes and just reload account and start again and again and again until it falls into place.

To be fair to OTA if I had a spare £4k under my bed I would of signed up and to be honest if I get a live account to £20k I think I will sign up.

WHY

Like all aspects of all trades you need to constantly learn and boost your education.

But for those who do not have the funds to get education like OTA well you can get it off the internet you just have to search A LOT to find small snippets of gold education.

It will take A LOT longer but its FREE :smart:

Thanks JD
I trade as I was taught by OTA, I have developed and tweaked a few strategies myself. I have been consistently profitable since 2008. Not every month but most. At least I do not lose much per trade which is what it is all about.

Thanks JD
I trade as I was taught by OTA, I have developed and tweaked a few strategies myself. I have been consistently profitable since 2008. Not every month but most. At least I do not lose much per trade which is what it is all about.

If there is a secret of trading then that is it.

Capital Preservation
Good Entries

This has not been of help because you are a FcKuing liar. I know all the OTA staff and none of them would behave in the discourteous way you have described. (n)
The process you have described is also pretty alien to how they go about doing business. Most of their workshops are held at a time that a course is being run and any delegate can ask a student anything they like. The question of money is seldom raised, many people attending the courses are in businesses already, finance discussion is therefore a no no.
I will quote from one of my OTA coaches, "If you don't want to do as we teach you just blow up your account a few times, then you might consider learning how to trade".

Well calling me a F***ing liar, is totally uncalled for. so firstly let me give a bit more information on the afternoon session at Canary Wharf, firstly there was a pretty good turnout probably about 20 or a bit more people, however I think part of the reason for this was they had a stand at the 'Adult Skills Event' at the Excel centre in london on the 14th of feb. I was curious as it is something I had looked at in the past and as they had the session at Canary Wharf on the Thursday that week 17th Feb. I decided to attend.

Thing is in the afternoon session when the attendees were asked has/or anyone done or doing trading, only a few people said they had,
Seeing as you claim you know then, the pro trader they bought in for the afternoon was Kyle Hibbard, I thought it was odd while Kyle had the Q/A session that no one was asking questions.

Also, there main adivice as regards to Risk-Reward managment, was of a 1/3 ratio, the postion sizing was recommended to be 1%. tell me if im wrong on this, as I saw this in their course manual at the centre in Radlett.

Why am i telling you this, its aimed at 'bint Crusher' is so that you can verify all these dates and details for yourself,

I can assure you that I have no reason to lie, I attended the session as I had a genuine interest, but the the cost, sales technique and underlying disdain for the people that werent going to throw their money at them willy-nilly, was enough for me to say no thanks.

I can see why, while training and trading it for real while under supervison can be a massive benefit and I can why for some people it might be the right choice.

With regards to question of money, you can look at pretty much any kind of recognised training course, and you will always be able to see a price up front. I honestly cant see why you don't see this as a problem. This kind of hard sale will always ring alarm bells.

So why would I lie?

Power Trading Radio

One thing I do like about the OTA and its FREE

Power Trading Radio http://www.tradingacademy.com/radio/ Runs live at 11am GMT but you can also podcast it on iTunes for the audio version.

If you watch LIVE you can Power Blast the show to get FREE CD's :smart:

Hi all

I've found another high priced trading course over 3days for £2k.. These guyz are called "Online Trading Academy" and i this the place for workshop is St Albans.

comming to the point, as now am aware of Traders Uni, I wanted to find out from others out there how creditable are these guyz.

Any1 attended, any use?
Hi, I'm not sure what it is that your trading or your time frames, I do my best to educate people who are looking for an understanding of technical analysis, I run my own YouTube channel, sjb5555 it's 100% free, hope it helps.

Steve

Hi, I'm not sure what it is that your trading or your time frames, I do my best to educate people who are looking for an understanding of technical analysis, I run my own YouTube channel, sjb5555 it's 100% free, hope it helps.

Steve

Thanks Steve

Will take a look :smart:

Well calling me a F***ing liar, is totally uncalled for. so firstly let me give a bit more information on the afternoon session at Canary Wharf, firstly there was a pretty good turnout probably about 20 or a bit more people, however I think part of the reason for this was they had a stand at the 'Adult Skills Event' at the Excel centre in london on the 14th of feb. I was curious as it is something I had looked at in the past and as they had the session at Canary Wharf on the Thursday that week 17th Feb. I decided to attend.

Thing is in the afternoon session when the attendees were asked has/or anyone done or doing trading, only a few people said they had,
Seeing as you claim you know then, the pro trader they bought in for the afternoon was Kyle Hibbard, I thought it was odd while Kyle had the Q/A session that no one was asking questions.

Also, there main adivice as regards to Risk-Reward managment, was of a 1/3 ratio, the postion sizing was recommended to be 1%. tell me if im wrong on this, as I saw this in their course manual at the centre in Radlett.

Why am i telling you this, its aimed at 'bint Crusher' is so that you can verify all these dates and details for yourself,

I can assure you that I have no reason to lie, I attended the session as I had a genuine interest, but the the cost, sales technique and underlying disdain for the people that werent going to throw their money at them willy-nilly, was enough for me to say no thanks.

I can see why, while training and trading it for real while under supervison can be a massive benefit and I can why for some people it might be the right choice.

With regards to question of money, you can look at pretty much any kind of recognised training course, and you will always be able to see a price up front. I honestly cant see why you don't see this as a problem. This kind of hard sale will always ring alarm bells.

So why would I lie?

For the record I've never liked their sales pitch either. But I've never liked anybody's sales pitch. What you said about your visit to canary wharf didn't make sense. I know kyle hibbard, he is a very approachable guy so why did you NOT ask him questions. Are you too aloof and wannabe the resident expert or just plain timid and shy?
I am sure you did go to the centre at St Albans, but I do not believe that you were treated in a discourteous manner. This is an active trading school, everybody on the staff has a role and it is a busy job, did you make an appointment? If not, what did you expect?
The best course for you is with a company called "the wealth training company". They used to be known as WIN investing. From what I have heard the will be exceptionally nice to someone like yourself and several hundred others at the same time. They were at the Forex exhibition at olympia a fortnight ago. From what I saw everybody was having an absolute hoot of a time, lots of laughter, lots of :clap::clap::clap::D:D:D:LOL::LOL:. They will give you a fun 2 days or whatever the course is.
With OTA all you get is individual instruction, a few pounds of their money and then a week live trading under supervision. If this too much to take in then you can always come back and retake the course free.
Nobody at OTA is ever going to promise you wealth, just a structure to prevent losing money in the markets. Big Win, Small Win, Small loss Big Loss. Dispense with the latter, you can live with the rest.
:clover::clover::clover::clover:

What were you after at the "ADULT SKILLS" event. Was it some magic way to satisfy yer partner or just a handle on cheapo viagra.

Last edited:
To add to the OTA story, I was in their office last week, they have a couple of wide boys just joined I think. Their instruction is excellent but their sales is for barrow boys. Perhaps if they front ended their sales teams with consistent professional traders then who could relate to the audience they might get a few more people to sign up. Copying firms like WIN and greg sucker doesn't work for them.

For all students who have enrolled in the Online Training Academy classes over the many years and from all over the world, I am finding it extremely difficult to find any substantive complaints about them on the internet which strikes me as odd. Could it be that the school is NOT a scam and that students actually learn how to make money from them?? That along with the fact that there have only been 1 or 2 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau against them, leads me to believe that the school may actually be legit.

For all students who have enrolled in the Online Training Academy classes over the many years and from all over the world, I am finding it extremely difficult to find any substantive complaints about them on the internet which strikes me as odd. Could it be that the school is NOT a scam and that students actually learn how to make money from them?? That along with the fact that there have only been 1 or 2 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau against them, leads me to believe that the school may actually be legit.

Without commenting on OTA directly let me tell you something about these trainers and how they operate. Generally speaking most customers are unhappy with what they have paid for and some feel they have been scammed. Occasionally they will post on forums like these to express their frustration. Once these complaints gather a following the company will find out and they will approach the forum with threats of legal action. The forums will almost always delete the information. Therefore for even the worst scammers you will find very few complaints.

quick question for the people who have done the training, did you incorporate the Probability Enhancers into your trading plan. Seems a logical way to determine trade opportunities, but after a while i think you could just do a quick metal checklist.
I can see where they could be useful for new traders.