Online Trading Academy (London)

OTA did provide me with life time mentorship Safvan. I'm not here to push OTA either. I have learnt to embrace the journey. It's the journey that builds us - the outcome is a mere bonus. Keep posting guys.

TraderWhit, let me commend you for your honesty.
And also let me commend you for your persistence in attempting to become a profitable trader.
I wasn't trying to pour scorn on your trading journey.

What I was try to say is that if after 'Once you master every aspect of what they teach, you still ain't going to make money, then I would be going back to Online Trading Academy and DEMANDING my money back.
I would be DEMANDING them to prove to me that they can make a person become a profitable trader or give me my money back. Or I would offer to report them to the FSA.
You have been with them for over two years.
You have paid them a sh*tload of money.
And you still can't trade profitably.
You have been the ideal, conscientious and hardworking student.
So ask them to show you ANY trader that has become a profitable trader using their training methods. If they can't, or won't, then I would be DEMANDING my money back.
Their lifetime mentorship sounds of very limited value.

Have you ever been on a trading course?

As I've mentioned earlier - I've never paid for any training.

However I've covered most of them in London and the surrounding area by going for free trials. That's been beneficial - I've managed to pick up some trading ideas. Only difficult part was to reject their offers at the end of free trial - some of them employ very good salesmen and different enticing techniques (free lunch, drinks etc.). You feel bad when rejecting them, but it's nothing in comparison how would one feel after spending thousands on training which may not be that good after all (in some cases).

TraderWhit, let me commend you for your honesty.
And also let me commend you for your persistence in attempting to become a profitable trader.
I wasn't trying to pour scorn on your trading journey.

What I was try to say is that if after 'Once you master every aspect of what they teach, you still ain't going to make money, then I would be going back to Online Trading Academy and DEMANDING my money back.
I would be DEMANDING them to prove to me that they can make a person become a profitable trader or give me my money back. Or I would offer to report them to the FSA.
You have been with them for over two years.
You have paid them a sh*tload of money.
And you still can't trade profitably.
You have been the ideal, conscientious and hardworking student.
So ask them to show you ANY trader that has become a profitable trader using their training methods. If they can't, or won't, then I would be DEMANDING my money back.
Their lifetime mentorship sounds of very limited value.

I agree with what you are saying except that there's no point reporting them to the FSA. Training is not a regulated activity so the FSA are not interested. This is the main reason why these training companies are allowed to make ridiculous promises and deliver nothing. There is nobody to complain to.

Hi Traderman1, thank you for your response, I apologise for misinterpreting you, no quarms tho bro, it's all good.

In response to you last message, I don't know if you saw a few of my other posts on ths subject, but OTA do not tell you that they can make you a profitable trader, only you can do that bro, no companie can do that. What the taught me has really assisted my journey and cut a lot of time off me becoming a good trader. All a training course can do is help, assist and provide a frame work to work within to perfect your craft. They CANNOT make you a profitable trader, that is based on what you take from the course and how you apply it.

The money I spent, I would spend it again if I had to start again. I would have surely lost that money on the market trying to work it out, so it has been the best investment in my trading career thus far. When I've attended retake classes with OTA, some people who have been on the journey and with OTA longer than me were still finding it difficullt to conprehend stuff that was taught to them a year ago. That is NOT based on OTA and what they teach, that is based on the individual, because I fully understand most of the things they teach. Saying that, there has been people who has been there for less time and have gone on to make millions. Guess what tho, only probably 10% of people who go through any GOOD trading course will become good traders, that is fact, 90% will remain consistant losers and quit. Doesn't those stats sound familiar?

With all respect bro, once you understander something, it doesn't mean you are going to become a master at it. I could explain trading and what to do very early on in my journey, but applying what you know is not the same. Knowlegde is information recieved which I recieved with great thanks from OTA, wisdom is information applied, which does not come overnight my friend - not for me anyway, it comes with time and experience. Hence why OTA don't say that after 3 days or a 6 day course you will be great. They actually tell you that a lot of the good traders that have come through them, continued to lose money for another year before the penny dropped - they tell you that before you pay your money. I have been with them for over a year and I have made vast improvements - just becasue a person is not profitable, that doesn't mean progress is not taking place. I've seen enough growth to know that I have to keep working hard and all is going to be fine and dandy.

I gained a lot of knowledge from OTA for me to go away to perfect and make progress. I'm survivng, but profits are still up and down, but this journey is a process of refining, which involves time and effort, which I am putting in now. However, progress is made continually and I have measurable results to analyse my increase in performance. All I have to do is keep practicing what I know and stop doing things which I know is wrong (That involves perfecting self which OTA or anybody on earth cannot do for you) and I will become a very good trader. I actually feel as though I am a good trader at present. Why? My acccount is up (nothing great tho), and I am very good at protecting my money. All that said, my small account can only take me so far.

My aim is this. I will in the next six months be able to show a consistant increase of 10%+ on my small account. With that, I can walk into most trading firms. I'm not concerend about the profits right now and how much money I make today. My aim is to perfect the system and show very good PERCENTAGE increase every month - trust me, that is what will enable be to be trusted with a big boy account. It's not hard to put on a winning trade, my mum could easily get lucky. Its hard to put on consistantly winning trades. 90% of traders can't do that and that is the reason why I am so convinced that trading is very very very hard, but hard doesn't mean impossible, it just means you have to put in long hours, more than the 90%. You and I know for a fact bro that there is some really smart people in that 90%, smarter than me and you, but they are not good traders. This is not about how smart you are, its about your willingness to succeed and become great.

People listen. How great would it be to be very good at trading? It would be one of the best things in the world finacially if you could become great at this. That's fact. Not much else I could think of that could make you as much money as trading can, not to mention the amount of free flexible time you get with that. So hear this: if we want this extraordinary - (EXTRA ordinary) skill and ability to just take money when we want it at the touch of a button, dont you think we have to put in EXTRA ordinary time and effort? I mean come on people, think of anyone you would class as great or even just good, they put in more work than anybody - fact. Tiger Woods, Pete Sampros, Jordan, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, WIlliam Sisters, Martha Stewart. These people put in EXTRA ordinary work and becoming a good trader could let you catch up to these people in less that three years in the monetary sense - fact.

Saying all of that, go and research how much MONEY and TIME was invested into some of those individual's training before they even saw a penny/cent, more than a bloody OTA course - fact. Trading is smartly marketed, they tell you "You CAN make millions in a week, blar blar", which is true, but they dont add, "IT WILL TAKE YEARS THOUGH", looooooooooooool, so funny.

I wont be demanding my money back never, i did get overcharged for two packs of grapes in Tesco's last night, so I am going to get my 47p from them in a hot bit. OTA have assisted my journey and I am very convinced that a lot of work on self makes a hell of a difference in your trading. You could make millions purely using fibannacci, but the person has to be emotionally fit and have very EXTRA ordinary discipline level, like most GOOD traders.

The lifetime mentorship may be limited to some people because they are limited with thier expectation. In order to be a very good trader, you have to be flexable with your expactations and have limits when it comes to your rules and risk - fact. Nobody should pay for a cousre with an expectation that they will make you are good trader, you will be always disappointed. ONLY YOU can make yourself a great trader, everyone else is there to assist the journey - fact.

£15,000+ EXTRA ordinary hard work for a life time of financial freedom with boats, planes, money to feed and educate poor countries, money for generations of your family to benifit from, money for a person needing a life changing operation (anyone, not just people you know), money to help your kids go to the best schools, and their kids and their kids so on, money to make movies, money to build schools for kids who need to be taught differently, money to just help who ever needs help, which I try to do without money in my pocket - but all of a sudden, £15,000 is bloody cheap.

TraderWhit

Last edited:
You guys need to really stop focusing on what could and could not happen. Do you think that you are ever going to get to a stage in your trading when you KNOW what the market is going to do? NEVER!!! We are trading uncertainties, nothing is certain in the market and you will NEVER EVER KNOW, all you can do is prepare for what you dont know.

Some of you guys need to change your way of looking at trading and they way you intend to become good - sorry. You have to try different things and spending money to get ahead is one of the things I had to do after realising that I didn't know what I was doing and I needed help. Don't get me wrong, there is some really messed up companies that a few people from OTA had gone before coming to OTA and what they were teaching could not even assist your journey. So please, don't think I am promoting to just spend you money, because you will get propper ripped off, there is only few good companies out there, i was just lucky to find the right place to spend my money, many of my now good friends I met at OTA were really ripped off, trust me, propper ripped off.

Has anybody read the pages in the book I mentioned? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO!

If you are making progress alone, continue what you are doing, but if not, you need to get assistance for your journey - fact and guess what, you may pay for a rubbish course before you find one that really helps, but guess what again, you HAVE to experience that losing trading in order to get in the good trade - fact. Stop trying to find the right trade, the right course, they all have negatives, but you have to pay for the benefits they do provide - fact.

TraderWhit

Saying that, there has been people who has been there for less time and have gone on to make millions.

TraderWhit

Would you like to name two or three of them?
And show some proof that those individuals are worth millions and that they made millions as a result of attending Online Trading Academy?

NEW Market Wizards, page 172, question 2 and the answer.
NEW Market Wizards, page 179, question 1 and the answer.

dug out my old copy of NMWs

in a nutshell it says.........................

on second thoughts perhaps you guys can do worse than buying a copy for yourself

:)

Last edited:
£15,000 is blood cheap.

TraderWhit

For a training course that has not yet been proven to be successful for ANY trader, (including yourself), it is actually VERY, VERY expensive.

You need to have a reality check on what you have spent and what you have got back financially, and lower your emotionally-charged responses if you want to be a good trader.

This is what I mean and this is what people on the OTA where finding difficult to do, follow simple instructions. I clearly said NEW Market Wizards - NOT Market Wizards. Sorry, I know that is rude of me to put it like that, but if you did actually look in the right book, I cannot honestly see how those questions and answers provide you with NOTHING. Does anybody else have the same opinion? You actually get NOTHING from the pages and questions and answers i referred to in NEW (NOT Market Wizards), NEW Market Wizards?

If no one in here can gets NOTHING from those pages, I apologise for wasting your time - truely, I really do.... That is really crazy tho.... This 10% mentality has got me feeling all lonely...

TraderWhit

Emotionally charged? Bro, I'm as cool as can be, but admittedly it is heart breaking that you guys after all that I have said I still concerned about parting with money to invest in yourself - it hurts, so without telling lies and trying to act as if there is not truth in your response, yeah, you are partly right - I'm a bit emotional about that part.

TraderWhit

Traderwhit

You've spent 15 grand and two years full time to end up still being part of the 90%. At what point do you admit failure and cut your losses. I mean no business can go on endlessly not making money. Are you sure it's not just a case of you not wanting to admit you were wrong going down this route with OTA?

Please someone tell me that I have at least caused you to consider looking at your approach to trader a bit differently, just one... It don't even have to be 10%.

TraderWhit

Pboyles - progress has caused me to contiue bro, pure progress evey month I'm getting better at something, trading is not a sprint, its a marathon and only few get to the end.

You are right tho, I dont believe in failure, I just believe in bad results. My results are improving bro and that is the best feeling in the world.

I can see by the amount of post you have made that you spend a lot of time on here, I can't imagine hour many hours away from the screen that is - sorry to be rude, but that is a lot of post.

In response, I spend more time now making trades in the direction of the 10% than I did last year, it's progression. Progression is good. Stagnation is a nightmare......

TraderWhit

Would you like to name two or three of them?
And show some proof that those individuals are worth millions and that they made millions as a result of attending Online Trading Academy?

I am politely waiting for a reply to my earlier questions.

Pboyles - progress has caused me to contiue bro, pure progress evey month I'm getting better at something, trading is not a sprint, its a marathon and only few get to the end.

You are right tho, I dont believe in failure, I just believe in bad results. My results are improving bro and that is the best feeling in the world.

I can see by the amount of post you have made that you spend a lot of time on here, I can't imagine hour many hours away from the screen that is - sorry to be rude, but that is a lot of post.

In response, I spend more time now making trades in the direction of the 10% than I did last year, it's progression. Progression is good. Stagnation is a nightmare......

TraderWhit

I average 10 posts a week over the years I've been here. Youve made 15 since the 2nd of February so I don't quite get your point.

Traderman1, forget proof. All you need to know is that someone has succeeded in Trading after going to a training course, lets not even only focus on OTA. How is proof going to help your journey? You are focussing on the wrong things..... What worked for him or her might not work for you... - fact. What they took from the course you may not take, what I see today in the market, you may never see, but that doesn't mean you ain't going to make it. Different strokes for different folks. Stop basing your success on the achievements of others - you may have the ability to be the best trader in the world, but if you contiued to measure your ability to succeed against the results of other people, you ain't gonna get this trading thing right - fact.

I might be saying some horrible stuff, but I tell people I care for (I class you ladies and gents on this trading journey as type of unchosen family members) when they are talking rubbish. You can make it, all of you can, but you have to focus on the right things. Even if you paid £4000 and learnt one thing that you wouldn't find in a book, then it is money well spent. You have to invest in yourself bro, stop making up criterias that cloud your glowth. So what if you don't become great from an OTA course, you might learn a thing or two to assist in your journey, that is gold, trust me, it is the little things that make huge differences.

Sorry M8, I get on all my familes nerves and my close friends, cos I tell them the truth - people dont like the truth, but the truth is what we build you up. I tell them when they need a mint, that's what friends should do. Stop focussing on other peoples success and know that you have it in you to be great regardless of the achievements of other people, because what you are saying this -"if nobady can trade well after attending a really complex course at OTA, then I Traderman1 cannot succeed going down this route". I don't even know you and I know that is not true... I know we are capable of achieving similar results, it just takes different time spans for different people.

We are all the same accept for our differences.

TradeWhit - I'm not angry by the way guys.... my intention is not to be rude to u guys either, I just ain't going to tell you what you want to here unless you talk sense to me.

TraderWhit

Last edited:
Pboyles - I concor, what you said makes sense, I have been rather active since 2ndFeb. When you look at it how you have explained, it's not that much at all on your part - sorry for inferring something negative.

I will add tho, if measure my post how you have measured yours - over years I have been here, I think it works out like 8 and half posts per year, considerably less than how you have marketed my posts, looool. However, I have taken on board what you have siad and I get what you are saying... My bad...

TraderWhit