Online Trading Academy (London)

I'm not the enemy here guys, you are (at the moment from your words) enemies unto yourself.

TraderWhit

Pboyles - if I continue posting at the paste I'm posting and putting in this work, no doubt with my progression, I'm going to be a bloody Lengend up in this place, looooooool, sorry, I had to say that...

No quarms Pboyles, its all harmless banter

TraderWhit

Now I have made good progress with trading, trading has become a really boring, a lot of waiting around for price to hit my levels, I'm boring, so me and the market are alike.

Anyway, I said that before one of you hit me with "traderWhit, do you actually have a life, sending so many posts?". Once you get the hang of this game, trading is really boring.... I still love it tho...

In my experience, seminars can be helpful, but you are only getting the highlights of the expert's knowledge, not really the depth. I have been fortunate to actually work with an expert, and this has made a lot of difference, though, it wasn't really the best thing I ever did for my trading. After a long time trying all kinds of different markets, indicators, holding periods, etc I finally figured out what market I wanted to trade and how I wanted to trade it (no indicators). Then I found someone to help me learn it. I also read a fair amount on both the type of trading I was interested in and trading psychology.

But, as I said, that was only a part of it. The other part is that I got good historical data, and I split it into thirds. On the first third, I went through the data bar by bar figuring out what seemed to work consistently from what I learned. This was my research -- all done by hand. From that, I developed a specific trading plan. Because I learned so much from the bar by bar analysis, I was able to develop a handful of setups that worked well, I knew how to place stops, what the win:loss should be, etc. On the next third, I again did the painstaking bar by bar and tested the setups and refined them. Then, the last third (again bar by bar) was a test of myself. The basic question I asked myself was, "How well can I trade this." It took a real long time to do all this. As you might imagine, I got a lot out of this process. And, of course it didn't stop. I learn new stuff every day.

So, I think seminars, books, and mentors are all helpful, but if you don't do something significant to help yourself, I don't think the trader goes very far. It's just my opinion, but my experience says the hard work is worth it.

Come back to the room, I would like you to word your opinion on the recents posts that have been put up. You sound like you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I don't think a Trade2Win staff menber would be posting OTA CD's for sale if he thought it the company were teaching rubbish. OTA teach you basic concepts for free, they know you need more than that to make a living out of trading. There is too much to learn...

I don't think a Trade2Win staff menber would be posting OTA CD's for sale if he thought it the company were teaching rubbish. OTA teach you basic concepts for free, they know you need more than that to make a living out of trading. There is too much to learn...

You dont think he could be selling them because he thought they were useless and wants rid of them? Just raising that as a possibility.

In any case are you allowed to do that? Isnt there some sort of intellectual property restriction on selling them on?

Looooool, that's actually quite funny Pboyles. I'm not sure, but he is staff, i think his boss would be very concerned if the content could potentially harm the repretation of trade2win. Obviously that is not the case.

Pboyles, a question... Can't you try and see the bright side of the reasonalbly priced CD's being promoted by a repretable website like trade2win? You tend to focus a lot on the negative side of things......

TraderWhit

Looooool, that's actually quite funny Pboyles. I'm not sure, but he is staff, i think his boss would be very concerned if the content could potentially harm the repretation of trade2win. Obviously that is not the case.

Pboyles, a question... Can't you try and see the bright side of the reasonalbly priced CD's being promoted by a repretable website like trade2win? You tend to focus a lot on the negative side of things......

TraderWhit

Believe me t2w have had advertising partnerships with some of the greatest crooks in the training business. They couldn't care less about someone flogging a product that is useless.

Traderwhit

You've spent 15 grand and two years full time to end up still being part of the 90%. At what point do you admit failure and cut your losses. I mean no business can go on endlessly not making money. Are you sure it's not just a case of you not wanting to admit you were wrong going down this route with OTA?

Got bored, wanted to answer this one. Most businesses don't start to make money until the 3rd year, so I think I'm quite on track. Would you quit after working so hard? If you never saw progress I could DEFINITELY understand cosidering a different path, but when looking back and actually realising that you are closer and much more advanced, wouldn't you continue? OTA was part of my journey, they can't do it ALL, other elements have to be taken into consideration and worked upon. A lot of your trading success is based on what you do personally. OTA give you guidelines to begin working between and you have to go away and refine those guidelines to suite you and your trading style and it takes time for some people.

In the context of time and my age (29), this is just the beginning and two years is not long when you compare the length of time it takes to become Doctor, Lawer, Dentist, Judge, Top Athlete. Trading is wrongly marketed in the context of time spent to become consistantly profitable - but some people do get it straight away, but that is not me.

I'm sure you guys have jobs and are not able to trade every day and live, not mentioning how long you have been a student of the market without even making survival profit. I survive and cover cost most months and that is good progress for me - but you guys think because a guy ain't making at least £7000 a month that he is not improving. Some months are okay, never large profits, but I'm getting there slowly and I'm surviving. I'm good enough to protect my account, which is a settling feeling for me personally, trust me, that is a lot of progress for me.

TraderWhit

Last edited:
I am politely waiting for a reply to my earlier questions.

Traderman1, forget proof. All you need to know is that someone has succeeded in Trading after going to a training course, lets not even only focus on OTA. How is proof going to help your journey? You are focussing on the wrong things..... What worked for him or her might not work for you... - fact. What they took from the course you may not take, what I see today in the market, you may never see, but that doesn't mean you ain't going to make it. Different strokes for different folks. Stop basing your success on the achievements of others - you may have the ability to be the best trader in the world, but if you contiued to measure your ability to succeed against the results of other people, you ain't gonna get this trading thing right - fact.

I might be saying some horrible stuff, but I tell people I care for (I class you ladies and gents on this trading journey as type of unchosen family members) when they are talking rubbish. You can make it, all of you can, but you have to focus on the right things. Even if you paid £4000 and learnt one thing that you wouldn't find in a book, then it is money well spent. You have to invest in yourself bro, stop making up criterias that cloud your glowth. So what if you don't become great from an OTA course, you might learn a thing or two to assist in your journey, that is gold, trust me, it is the little things that make huge differences.

Sorry M8, I get on all my familes nerves and my close friends, cos I tell them the truth - people dont like the truth, but the truth is what we build you up. I tell them when they need a mint, that's what friends should do. Stop focussing on other peoples success and know that you have it in you to be great regardless of the achievements of other people, because what you are saying this -"if nobady can trade well after attending a really complex course at OTA, then I Traderman1 cannot succeed going down this route". I don't even know you and I know that is not true... I know we are capable of achieving similar results, it just takes different time spans for different people.

We are all the same accept for our differences.

TradeWhit - I'm not angry by the way guys.... my intention is not to be rude to u guys either, I just ain't going to tell you what you want to here unless you talk sense to me.

TraderWhit

Traderman1, you have gone really quiet, I'm quite concerned, I posted that resonse above much earlier.

In addition to my earlier response, if I remember rightly, Education comes from the route word 'educe' which means to 'draw out from within'. OTA or any training course can only help you to draw out what you already have within YOU. Don't worry about other peoples results and successes, that is not going to assist in your journey, just work on you and your stuff and believe that regardless of stats and what it takes to make it, you will get there no matter what.

All you seem to worry about is other people, like other people need to set the paste for you or you wont try it for yourself - I could be wrong, but that's how it seems... You need proof before you take a step. That was quite rude so I changed it. My apologies.

I would really like to get a response to the above response.

TraderWhit

Last edited:
Traderman1, you have gone really quiet, I'm quite concerned, I posted that resonse above much earlier.

I am politely waiting for a reply to my earlier questions.

You said that 'there has been people who has been there (OTA) for less time and have gone on to make millions'.
Would you like to name two or three of them?
And show some proof that those individuals are worth millions and that they made millions as a result of attending Online Trading Academy?

Look at the facts:
You have been with them for over two years.
You have paid them a sh*tload of money.
And you still can't trade profitably.
You have been the ideal, conscientious and hardworking student.
So ask them to show you ANY trader that has become a profitable trader using their training methods. If they can't, or won't, then I would be DEMANDING my money back.

I am now assuming that you can't answer those questions above because NO-ONE has become a successful trader as a direct result of OTA training.

Traderwhit, hope you are doing well. I was at the Forex show last week but did not talk to many people at the OTA stand. The rest were the usual crowd of sales pushers, the rest of the attendees were all too willing to "participate" in what was being sold by Win and that stupid Irish tawt McGovern. Most of what they blabbed on about is exactly what OTA XLT tell us to avoid.
Also have you tried out the Pro picks? What a feckin good service.

Last edited:
Hi Jd.
I was wondering what happened.
Have you done the course? Any trading success?

Traderwhit, hope you are doing well. I was at the Forex show last week but did not talk to many people at the OTA stand. The rest were the usual crowd of sales pushers, the rest of the attendees were all too willing to "participate" in what was being sold by Win and that stupid Irish tawt McGovern. Most of what they blabbed on about is exactly what OTA XLT tell us to avoid.
Also have you tried out the Pro picks? What a feckin good service.

:eek:

I haven't been to this FX show, but I've met Dary few times before. IMO he is a nice guy - not kind of pushy salesman. Few times he showed few of his strategies. Once at his stand they were serving Champagne to the show attendees.