July '04 Forex

MT - as i type this GBPUSD has come down to 8387 at the moment - the run up from 6/30 - 7/19 has now retraced 50% .......I expect a bounce to the upside either yet today or tomorrow. fwiw
Of course that may be wrong,lol

yep, dropped 50 points. Of course if I had shorted it, it would have gone up 50 points.

Life sux sometimes...

MT

MysticalTrader said:
Trying to hone my charting skills. Anyone else think this looks like another drop coming up? nice triangle with descending entry. 200MA line approaching from above...

MT

Exit?

I went long on GBPUSD @ 1.8397 ... anyone wanna take a shot at a target ? I was thinking 1.8497

Dont know gus, I think plenty of room underfoot just yet. I expect another drop. Confluence of daily 60 and 100 MA and sub-channel support, with channel support and 200 MA a long way down.

I suspect it wont get quite as far as the channel support, but I propose a drop to the 60/100/sub-channel support. I suspect about 1.8220 or so. Anyone think I crazy?

MT

gus said:
MT - as i type this GBPUSD has come down to 8387 at the moment - the run up from 6/30 - 7/19 has now retraced 50% .......I expect a bounce to the upside either yet today or tomorrow. fwiw
Of course that may be wrong,lol

Attachments

• GBPUSD.jpg
    GBPUSD.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 176
Update
No chart am being lazy
Closed out short trade yesterday @ 1.8547 +53
re-entered short @ 1.8490 open and well in profit
A dip below 1.8390 again and i'll lock in +80
Target = 1.8350 area but i suspect this pullback has had it and may consolidate before resuming to 1.90 (my current wish list target)

MT

I'm a bit late to the BB today, good analysis of the drop hope you caught some of it.

a0-ab
nice entry.. good for a quick scalp until it gets above 1.8445 area, hope your taking a profit outa this one

Happy Trading
NB

alas not, paper trading while confidence returns. What I should have done in the first place. I will be away for August anyway so consolidating my intuition. Getting married and moving overseas during August so concentration (and access) will be a bit iffy... lol

MT

Newtron Bomb said:
Update
No chart am being lazy
Closed out short trade yesterday @ 1.8547 +53
re-entered short @ 1.8490 open and well in profit
A dip below 1.8390 again and i'll lock in +80
Target = 1.8350 area but i suspect this pullback has had it and may consolidate before resuming to 1.90 (my current wish list target)

MT

I'm a bit late to the BB today, good analysis of the drop hope you caught some of it.

a0-ab
nice entry.. good for a quick scalp until it gets above 1.8445 area, hope your taking a profit outa this one

Happy Trading
NB

Newtron Bomb said:
Well no loss anyway, moved a stop to BE. I'm still learning so i tend to do this as soon as possible - gets hit a lot but doesn't mess with the head as much!

MysticalTrader said:
Getting married and moving overseas
All the best for the big day (and the happy years to follow). Going somehwere sunny i hope!

a0-0b

That is very kind, thanks. Coming late in life but hey. Mid-life crisis I am sure and I dont care :-D

MT

Newtron Bomb said:
MT

Congratulations, I bid you a fruitfull lifetime together

NB

I dont realy see a triangle (unless there is something on the one minute charts)
Just trading the price action with this trade... lower tops and lower bottoms...
Hit my target of 1.8350 looking for a reversal here to enter a swing trade

NB

yes, it was on the 1-minute chart. This is doing wonderful things for the confidence...

After the last wek I need it, but I will not be tempted into live trading until I am sure I am reading them well, regularly.

Chart attached, comments/guidance welcome. actually, perhaps to have shorted on the basis of hat triangle would have been risky except in a weak market. but all the indicators I have seen for the daily chart concur that it will go down, perhaps to my target of 18220

MT
Newtron Bomb said:
I dont realy see a triangle (unless there is something on the one minute charts)
Just trading the price action with this trade... lower tops and lower bottoms...
Hit my target of 1.8350 looking for a reversal here to enter a swing trade

NB

Attachments

• gbpusd.jpg
    gbpusd.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 190
Took profit @ 1.8350 + 140

MT
Good stuff, there are a few other patterns that can be used that appear to come together at the same point. Basically you have lower tops forming which would indicate a drop, which we saw, coupled with this action at a round number... a typical area you would expect to see support or resistance and then POP!

Have a look at 1-2-3 reversal or in this case continuations, this describes the lower tops that you saw around your triangle formation

NB

coud be a bounce now, after testing channel support. either that or it will drop straight through?

MT

MysticalTrader said:
yes, it was on the 1-minute chart. This is doing wonderful things for the confidence...

After the last wek I need it, but I will not be tempted into live trading until I am sure I am reading them well, regularly.

Chart attached, comments/guidance welcome. actually, perhaps to have shorted on the basis of hat triangle would have been risky except in a weak market. but all the indicators I have seen for the daily chart concur that it will go down, perhaps to my target of 18220

MT

Attachments

• gbpusd.jpg
    gbpusd.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 164
cheers, as a raw beginner, am I on the right sort of track?

MT

Newtron Bomb said:
Took profit @ 1.8350 + 140

MT
Good stuff, there are a few other patterns that can be used that appear to come together at the same point. Basically you have lower tops forming which would indicate a drop, which we saw, coupled with this action at a round number... a typical area you would expect to see support or resistance and then POP!

Have a look at 1-2-3 reversal or in this case continuations, this describes the lower tops that you saw around your triangle formation

NB