July '04 Forex

MysticalTrader said:
Or not.

"All men are my brothers, and all women my sisters."

Are you saying your dad is your brother, your mum is your sister? ;)

Bit of a wait but i think we got the downside movement we were all waiting for! When will it stop any ideas?

hammer :cheesy:

Cable 5mins

123 setup, signalling reversal (potential)

Trend breaks...R/R 1:1...
35pips net profit.

Need some ibuprofen...

Attachments

• cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 311
Been watching cable closely as im still short. Could ave maybe increased stake at the bounce off support at 1.8540, i personally didn't, haven't got the margin to increase my stakes. Not too greedy for profits anyway, still in the learnig phase. :rolleyes:

Any views would be much appreciated.

Im out for only 20 points profit, due to bad entry time, and possibly bad exit time too but we will see. Plus im off out so need to close position. Anyway it will be good to see your guys feedback at the end of the day.

See ya'll tmro

Hammer

Hi and well done in booking some profits

The only coment would be to look at your money management. Yes you took some off the table but how much were you risking to make that gain... it could have shot to the moon.

Happy Trading
NB

Is it just me or are the forex markets namely gbp and euro rubbish at the moment, they are either in congestion or a trading range. Pissing me off

+500 pip move since 30 June ain't no congestion. What timeframe are you trading?

saviola said:
Is it just me or are the forex markets namely gbp and euro rubbish at the moment, they are either in congestion or a trading range. Pissing me off

Attachments

• Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 252
oops. got that wrong...

MT

MysticalTrader said:
Or not.

Looks like it is testing resistance at 1.8610 now. Could always fall in a heap I suppose - but it bounced off the 50% retracement making the recent dip look very much like a correction. I reckon it will break 1.8610

MT

Hi Goober I Trade 30min Charts, But I Meant The Last Few Days. Do You Think I Should Look At Longer Time Frame

Its been pretty tough generally speaking through june imo but i think we will see some more trending type action like we have been used to.

As Goober has said there has been a good rally up to resistnace at 1.86 which as i type the trend is just breaking... maybe just a correction after the rally with initial target maybe to 1.8400/1.8350
However, a long at 1.8510 does look tempting if the trend holds :) we will see mixed views for me on various TF's and waiting on the sidelines, scalping still the order of the day

Happy Trading
NB

I agree NB, sure there has been a uptrend but there has been alot of sideways movement within in the trend ie congestions or trading range (or whatever you want to call it). Will just have to be more patient i guess.

The past year and a half has been phenomenal and trending for FX anything and everything has worked but the past few weeks has put that into touch.

Yesterday on cable is a good example of how choppy the intra day has been. The 15 min and 5 min i thought was a chore to trade but never the less still tradeable. Looking at the 60 min though it is surprising how smooth it looks. We may have had a lovely 5cent run and the 4 hour looks typical of a trendy move but the daily chart doesn't show the days stacking up and in light of the poor reaction to recent economic data releases am still not convinced that this chop is over

Happy Trading
NB

Newtron Bomb said:
The past year and a half has been phenomenal and trending for FX anything and everything has worked but the past few weeks has put that into touch.

Yesterday on cable is a good example of how choppy the intra day has been. The 15 min and 5 min i thought was a chore to trade but never the less still tradeable. Looking at the 60 min though it is surprising how smooth it looks. We may have had a lovely 5cent run and the 4 hour looks typical of a trendy move but the daily chart doesn't show the days stacking up and in light of the poor reaction to recent economic data releases am still not convinced that this chop is over

Happy Trading
NB
Funny my Cable Trader system is up over 700 pips since the start of June...

JonnyT

Hi Newtron Bomb, well its true i had a very wide stop which would ave put me out like 60 points! I only made 20 points so thats not a good reward:risk ratio. Think it was the bad entry time and the fact i was forced to close early. Could maybe ave taken another 10 had i waited another couple of hours. Think i might stay away from forex if possible until i perfect my TA, its too volatile for me. Will still keep an eye on it and maybe place a couple of trades here and there.

Thanks for the feedback

Sorry NB I didn't mean to infer what you thought I was inferring!

EUR has been more problematic than GBP for trading IMHO

JonnyT

Jonny T

NP its the only problem with BB's a poorly selected word or misinterpreted sentence can start all out warfare lol :LOL:

Congratulations on your mechanical system, was it your BO system that you were referring too?
I have to confess to shelving my BO system this past month, as it has been a sporadic performer, to work on a scalping strategy which i'm now very happy with.

Regards
NB

No m8. Stick with your system if it works. Your observation about ranging days within a major trend is correct. However, even within these ranges, there are opportunities to scalp quite comfortably - as NB has said. At times like these, 15 min charts may be more suitable.

Remember, one man's meat is another man's poison.

saviola said:
Hi Goober I Trade 30min Charts, But I Meant The Last Few Days. Do You Think I Should Look At Longer Time Frame