Islamaphobia

At',
I thought exactly the same as you until really quite recently when I started to look into the issue - albeit fairly superficially. What I discovered is that this view is based largely on the assumption that many Muslims are Muslim in name only (like I'm a CoE Christian in name only) and have little or no truck with the more extreme aspects of the ideology (i.e. elements of Sharia Law) and, furthermore, that the few who do are in a tiny minority and for all intents and purposes can be ignored. Sadly, this is a completely false assumption: nothing could be further from the truth. Evidence to support this is commonplace and that's what I'm basing my comments on: not my personal views or Islamophobia. If you're unimpressed by the anecdotes of Lord Pearson, then I suggest you immerse yourself in the findings of Pew Research Centre that I linked to earlier in the thread. Once you've done that, then come back and tell me to get a grip and I'll tell you to stop burying your head in the sand. (y)
Tim.

Islamophobia.

Implies an irrational fear.

Try telling that to the victims, their relatives, the silent majority and survivors of terrorism.

Let's see if any Moslems are brave enough to apologise ?
I doubt it.

I doubt it.
I think it's entirely reasonable to expect every single Imam in the U.K. and all Mosques to condemn unequivocally yesterday's London Bridge attack. I may be wrong (and someone please correct me if I am) - but I'm not aware of them doing that on previous occasions. A few, certainly, but not uniformly right across the board the length and breadth of the land. That would be a positive first step and go some way towards allaying the growing fears of people like me who really, really want to believe that modern day western Islam is a religion of peace and that 99.9% of Muslims in this country are just as appalled by yesterday's events as we are.
Tim.

Great job by the members of the public and the police who tackled the terrorist yesterday.

Many are appalled that he has been revealed to be a convicted terrorist plotter who had been released on licence half-way through his sentence.

In a quirk of irony its also reported that one of the brave passers-by who helped subdue the perpetrator was himself a convicted murdered, James Ford, out on day release from his own prison sentence. What a weird country.

Apparently Ford was arrested after he confessed the murder (of Amanda Champion) to a Samaritans worker. The Samaritans worker informed the police. The Samaritans worker was sacked for breaching confidentiality rules. WTF?

I suppose the random involvement of James Ford in the London Bridge case illustrates what might have been Usman Khan's future had he been apprehended and convicted, rather than being shot dead.

There are apparently 10s of thousands of IS terrorists in Syria and Iraq with no one willing to staff the jails and who can blame them. Much better had they been killed before they get going again.
Hang the fairly convicted terrorists imho. Harsh but necessary. Once a terrorist always a terrorist. They should not have to be waited on by staff in semi luxury accomadation for 20 + years before coming out to kill again and again until permanantly stopped.
The terrorist's assets should be sold to pay compensation with his family and mosque contributing too.

Last edited:
Once out of the EU we won't have to accept hordes of Syrians etc. plus some terrorists too.
This was largely due to Angela Merkel's stupid " open door " policy.

. . . Apparently Ford was arrested after he confessed the murder (of Amanda Champion) to a Samaritans worker. The Samaritans worker informed the police. The Samaritans worker was sacked for breaching confidentiality rules. WTF?
Many, many moons ago, around the time that Fred West occupied the front page of every newspaper, I enrolled on a training course to become a Samaritan. I remember vividly how the trainer emphasised the importance of confidentiality and made a point of saying that even if someone like West phones in and confesses to his crimes that we couldn't pass on any information to the Police. IMO, the Samaritans are a fine charity that help thousands of people who have reached absolute rock bottom and are clinging on by their fingertips. Knowing that they can discuss their problems with a impartial person and that confidentiality is 100% guaranteed - could be the difference between them contacting the charity or ending their lives. In the case of West and other psychopaths like him, the Samaritan who answers the phone will at least have the opportunity to talk to him and - who knows - if not get him to hand himself in to the Police, then at least get him to stop murdering people. The argument is that if the confidentiality commitment isn't there, then someone like West is unlikely to phone the charity in the first place. It's a tough one. On balance, by the slimmest of margins, I'm on the side of the Samaritans and I agreed to their rigid policy when I accepted to go on the training course. As it turned out, for reasons I don't now recall, I dropped out and didn't complete the course.
Tim.

I doubt it.

In the same vein, let's see if any Brits are brave enough to apologize? I doubt it. Oh wait, the PM came close and so did the Queen. Yippie kai yeh.

Brits are always faking evidence, like right now in this thread, by never looking at their own actions, which speak L O U D E R THAN WORDS

My my my, how the British complain, even in the face of no contest brutality - no idea about the meaning of "commensurate"

This is a "motivator" :)

They live in London but not a single one knew of the incident on London Bridge until the yank named Fibo pointed it out to Siggy. Imagine that! Imagine the shock on Siggy's face to hear this news. Now, just shy of too late, they're piling in to engage in a common fest called, "misery loves company" :):):)

How nice!

I doubt it.

A couple Brits killed on London Bridge and look at the hoopla and circus .............

BUT, Even after killing and slaughtering thousands and thousands of unarmed, innocent people in just one of hundreds of incidents in not only India but pretty much worldwide, not a single Brit all the way up to the PM and Queen can bring themselves to apologize for this one particular incident in India. Imagine that and think about it for a second. They beat about the bush with platitudes and bla bla but

just simply cannot apologize

I think it's entirely reasonable to expect every single Imam in the U.K. and all Mosques to condemn unequivocally yesterday's London Bridge attack. I may be wrong (and someone please correct me if I am) - but I'm not aware of them doing that on previous occasions. A few, certainly, but not uniformly right across the board the length and breadth of the land. That would be a positive first step and go some way towards allaying the growing fears of people like me who really, really want to believe that modern day western Islam is a religion of peace and that 99.9% of Muslims in this country are just as appalled by yesterday's events as we are.
Tim.

Its very reasonable, boy, nobody would disagree with you ............. but set a good example yourselves by doing the same for your own transgressions against mankind - which nobody has ever done.

While you're at it., apologizing, throw in the entire country of Iraq which Britain is the culprit to get the uSA to declare war. Millions killed compared to just 2 on London Bridge, yet not a single person has apologized or gone to jail.

Bloody unbelievable, the hypocrisy! I ain't seen nothin like this level of total daftness and duffer-ism

Apogogize and mean it, then work togetehr to resolve it. Laughter is the best medicine but Communication trumps all diseases and melts hatred with aplomb.

Siggy, heavy sh*t goes down when an American takes on the entire British Top dog level. Here then is an example of what I have been saying to you guys for 5 months at T2W - comparing the UK to the USA is akin to comparing a frog's small intestine to the Panama Canal (note: intestine was substituted for p**** as I am not allowed to use such offensive words that make Brits cringe and have nightmares)

Many, many moons ago, around the time that Fred West occupied the front page of every newspaper, I enrolled on a training course to become a Samaritan. I remember vividly how the trainer emphasised the importance of confidentiality and made a point of saying that even if someone like West phones in and confesses to his crimes that we couldn't pass on any information to the Police. IMO, the Samaritans are a fine charity that help thousands of people who have reached absolute rock bottom and are clinging on by their fingertips. Knowing that they can discuss their problems with a impartial person and that confidentiality is 100% guaranteed - could be the difference between them contacting the charity or ending their lives. In the case of West and other psychopaths like him, the Samaritan who answers the phone will at least have the opportunity to talk to him and - who knows - if not get him to hand himself in to the Police, then at least get him to stop murdering people. The argument is that if the confidentiality commitment isn't there, then someone like West is unlikely to phone the charity in the first place. It's a tough one. On balance, by the slimmest of margins, I'm on the side of the Samaritans and I agreed to their rigid policy when I accepted to go on the training course. As it turned out, for reasons I don't now recall, I dropped out and didn't complete the course.
Tim.

Its a rigid code. But on balance I don't think the Samaritans should conspire to conceal a crime under the guise of helping a "victim" who's actually a perpetrator.

Once out of the EU we won't have to accept hordes of Syrians etc. plus some terrorists too.
Europe could have accepted all those immigrants provided they agreed to return home when it was safe to do so.

Why do you think Trump is against open door policies? Yet the left here is out tear him down for everything he says or does...but He usually comes out ahead :)

Peter