Is Forex Trading Really Hard?

Henow1969

It seems to me that no task in the world is difficult. But yes, there is no explanation if you think it is difficult. But I don't think it's difficult to try. And that's why we read a poem when we were little. In fact, it is true that the work that we can't do, the work that we think is difficult and we don't do, but if we try that job a few more times, we can do it. Similarly, in Forex trading, I think those of us who failed in the first place will be able to do better than others if we try again.

This is something you hear so often. And unfortunately it leads to a common misconception. Forex trading is not hard but rather, challenging. It takes a lot of time to master, and truly you can never be completely knowledgeable as things change all the time
Forex trading is not hard , but making money in a retail MT4 environment is. We all have our moments, but profits that you can live on is no small task.

Then what is trading forex? A hobby? If you are an active trader or active investor, you're spending time and effort on a business that can be very risky. I should think that one would want a proper reward for that. A reward that is commensurate with what one would expect in a leveraged highly, risky workplace.

Forex in my opinion is a hard way to earn very easy money. Just to elaborate further, we need to learn a lot of skill before earning money from forex trading.

I think the difficulty level would partially depend on how educated you are about Forex trading. Those that know more will struggle less. That may be why you feel that you’ll do better after failing once, as you probably stepped back and spent more time learning and can therefore start over with a better chance of success.

It seems to me that no task in the world is difficult. But yes, there is no explanation if you think it is difficult. But I don't think it's difficult to try. And that's why we read a poem when we were little. In fact, it is true that the work that we can't do, the work that we think is difficult and we don't do, but if we try that job a few more times, we can do it. Similarly, in Forex trading, I think those of us who failed in the first place will be able to do better than others if we try again.
As far as my trading experience is concerned, Forex trading is hard. It is not only about knowing hot to trade, it is about implementing things at the right time accordingly. A trader has to have strong mentality, hard working and never give up attitude. These good habits are not easy to achieve.

Reactions: lbs
This is something you hear so often. And unfortunately it leads to a common misconception. Forex trading is not hard but rather, challenging. It takes a lot of time to master, and truly you can never be completely knowledgeable as things change all the time
Agree with that. I had many times when I wanted to give up but I just took time out and returned with fresh ideas. You have to be prepared to continuously educate in order to find your edge.

Reactions: lbs
I think the issue is that too many people see trading as a quick way to make money . A kind of get rich quick scheme. The truth is that you need to study and gain knowledge in trading in the same way that you train to be a teacher or accountant. There are elements which may be difficult to get your head around however, it is only by investing time into learning that you will then succeed.

Have seen both good and difficult times in the forex market so won't say that it's completely hard but how you deal with it is what matters.

The same question is, is it hard to develop apps? Is it hard being a doctor or teaching kids or being a pilot on an airplane?

It all seems like hard work to me, but to them, my job will seem like hard work too.
The most important thing is to be a professional and then it will be a completely different approach.

You can always try investing or copying signals if trading seems difficult.
I have been trading since 2009 and now I have my own trading system with 9% profit per month. And this is a job for me that I do professionally, and all difficulties can be overcome.

I think it just requires lots of practice but I'm new to the game so I hope that in time I can be the best forex trader possible.

The same question is, is it hard to develop apps? Is it hard being a doctor or teaching kids or being a pilot on an airplane?

It all seems like hard work to me, but to them, my job will seem like hard work too.
The most important thing is to be a professional and then it will be a completely different approach.

I have been trading since 2009 and now I have my own trading system with 9% profit per month. And this is a job for me that I do professionally, and all difficulties can be overcome.
Exactly this! Most professions seem hard when looking from the outside in but a professional apporach to learning and practice means often it appears harder than it is. Often the best trades are very simple in their setup.

Forex trading is hard because it involves complex concepts and it is difficult to predict the market movement. If you learn and gain knowledge before jumping on to live trading, then you will be in a better position. Don’t enter the market with the approach of just making money. Firstly, focus on your performance and understand everything in-depth.

Forex trading is not hard in itself, but the constraints we apply to our trading make it very difficult to be consistently profitable.

Price action trading and reversal trades are complex techniques, and difficult to master. Trading off very short intra-day time-frames just makes the trader’s job harder - if you can’t yet steer and brake the car you’re driving, driving faster will not help.

Experts like to show us increasingly obscure dramatic techniques like pin bars and engulfing candles and hikkake patterns etc. etc… Keeping to the theme of driving, they appear wonderful teachers who can show us how to get round a tight curve on the road ahead on two wheels - but what they don’t tell you is to watch out for the trucks - who are all going in the opposite direction.

Trading is hard without any doubt. We make it even harder since we jump into it without knowing what actually it is. At the end of the day, we lose money as well as we lose our confidence. This is what makes is very hard. There is no point of trying, but we have to make sure we try it with the right approach.

Forex is hard because of liquidity and because the market is very close to competitive one. It's hard to get information consistently that indicates that some asset deviated from its fair value.