Trading Courses - Experiences needed

NVP

Guest Author
hey gang

I've been approached again by a reporter who is doing a piece on Trading courses and mentors (similar to the one below).
my interview didn't appear in that article but one of my mentors (John Bartlett) did appear.

If anyone has 'INTERESTING' experiences of such courses please contact me as we will include all data in the Article.
or simply post it below and i will contact you if we want to follow it up

Please be diplomatic and non libelous in your public comments here - we can always discuss your views in more detail privately as needed if we do follow up

Its going to try to be balanced but I fully expect it to be a useful and timely warning to people chasing get rich quick schemes in these difficult financial times

PM me if you have any experiences

Neil

Subbed. Would be good to see when the article comes out.
hey gang

I've been approached again by a reporter who is doing a piece on Trading courses and mentors (similar to the one below).
my interview didn't appear in that article but one of my mentors (John Bartlett) did appear.

If anyone has 'INTERESTING' experiences of such courses please contact me as we will include all data in the Article.
or simply post it below and i will contact you if we want to follow it up

Please be diplomatic and non libelous in your public comments here - we can always discuss your views in more detail privately as needed if we do follow up

Its going to try to be balanced but I fully expect it to be a useful and timely warning to people chasing get rich quick schemes in these difficult financial times

PM me if you have any experiences

Neil

As for me, what courses can really bring a significant contribution to your trading, but the most important thing here is not to make a mistake and choose high-quality training.
The intial survey by @NVP was pretty specific.
So which course have you attended?
What you paid for it?
What were your results before the course?
What are your results now after the couse?

Last edited:
My sincere appreciation, I’m getting in touch to ask about the course? How much or in what way it helps you to improve?

The quicker this industry gets regulated, the better. Some of the stuff i've heard from some of these youtube videos is utterly crazy. One guy (who has 10.5k subs) said, "there's no such thing as support and resistance. It's a myth". Good heavens.

The quicker this industry gets regulated, the better. Some of the stuff i've heard from some of these youtube videos is utterly crazy. One guy (who has 10.5k subs) said, "there's no such thing as support and resistance. It's a myth". Good heavens.
Amen ......youtube is a circus now for trading information

My sincere appreciation, I’m getting in touch to ask about the course? How much or in what way it helps you to improve?
its not a course ...its some experiences around using trading experts and their courses

The intial survey by @NVP was pretty specific.
So which course have you attended?
What you paid for it?
What were your results before the course?
What are your results now after the couse?
thanks C

few will respond ....many now have to sign NDAs to go on courses and also are scared of the repercussions from these people ......they are all pretty litigous and strict.....so the poor results are hidden

I look forward to the new crop of experiences from newbies.
I suspect most courses fall under the umbrella of "education" rather than training, so can circumvent any legalities / regulation of having to offer any quantifiable value.
It would be more useful if trainers had to offer a valid track record of real trades with a bona-fide broker, as part of their credentials.
Anyway, John Bartlett? Did he do the Tornado Training DVD? I vaguely remember the name from many years ago, when I bought anything shiny!

@NVP, did your journalist look at Forex Peace Army for info? Nearest we have to some kind of peer-review.

John Bartlett - nice and retired in France.

Wouldn't say I spoke with him last week - but he mentioned in a FB post that Shep 3 (his dog) had passed away.

John Bartlett - nice and retired in France.

Wouldn't say I spoke with him last week - but he mentioned in a FB post that Shep 3 (his dog) had passed away.

john was a legend ...glad hes still going .....

I look forward to the new crop of experiences from newbies.
I suspect most courses fall under the umbrella of "education" rather than training, so can circumvent any legalities / regulation of having to offer any quantifiable value.
It would be more useful if trainers had to offer a valid track record of real trades with a bona-fide broker, as part of their credentials.
Anyway, John Bartlett? Did he do the Tornado Training DVD? I vaguely remember the name from many years ago, when I bought anything shiny!

@NVP, did your journalist look at Forex Peace Army for info? Nearest we have to some kind of peer-review.

ive mentioned a lot of stuff to him over last few months .....will chase him up actually as its all gone quiet

N

Alan RIch 1-1 session about 10 years ago.

I discovered that stocks go up.... and they go down. That was about it.. Oh - 'buy my colour charts'.

Here's a true real life trading experience:
Three years ago, I was looking for a car for my daughter who had passed her driving test. Went into a used car showroom in Surrey and saw Alan Rich working there :D !!!

Oh yes, Alan Rich, I remember now. I visited him once also for a day course. Cant remember it or its effect. No disrepect to him.

Back in around 2000 trading US stocks on Level 2 was quite easy and that was because the increments were in fractions. That all changed in 2001 when it went to decimals and all those who were doing well before that suddenly found it didn't work any more.