Anyone with experience with Daytradingcourse.com?

tradermini

Hi all,

I'm new here.

I was just wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience, good or bad, with the course offered at Day Trading Course Emini Futures

This is a 5 day, 1-on-1 training program given by Paul Quillen. It focuses on trading the eminis, using price action and Elliott Wave only. I have been interested in this program for 3-4 years now, and have been corresponding with Mr. Quillen for that same period. From my interaction with him, he has been a stand-up guy, very generous and patient in addressing all of my questions.

I am now seriously considering signing up for this course, as I'm really interested in finding a trading mentor/coach.

I just wanted to see if anyone has had any direct, first-hand experience with this course.

Any help or info would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Mate, if he's been "a stand-up guy, very generous and patient in addressing all of my questions" for 4 years, and you still don't know how to trade eminis, I don't think a 5-day 1-on-1 is going to make that much difference. To you.

It'll make a difference to him though. $5,000 difference.

well, I am always looking for ways to improve my trading. And, I am attracted to his style of trading ( trading using price action only ).

again, have you taken the course yourself and was there something in particular that made you feel it was rubbish?

well, I am always looking for ways to improve my trading. And, I am attracted to his style of trading ( trading using price action only ).
If you're trading hasn't improved in 4 YEARS with this guys support, what's the point? If after 4 years of trading you're still considering taking his course, something is fundamentally wrong.

Hi Bramble,

I need to clarify then.

He HAS NOT been providing me with trading support for the past 4 years. I have not been trading his method for the past 4 years, as I haven't taken his course.

I have been asking him questions ABOUT his course, off and on, for the past 4 years. Now, I'm at the point where I am seriously considering taking his course, to learn his method, and to improve my trading.

Hope that clears that up......

It does.

I'm going to suggest, with respect, that if you can't pull the trigger and make a decison on whether or not to take a course for 4 years, your career as a trader is going to be frought with difficulties.

Do you have any trading experience at all?

What else have you being doing WRT trading in those 4 years?

Hi Bramble,

Yes, I have been trading the eminis, real-time, during those 4 years, on a part-time basis. I have had mixed success. I'm looking for ways to improve my trading and to eventually switch to full-time trading, and I am interested in the style of trading taught in that course.

I have been hesistant to "pull the trigger" on taking that course....mainly because it is expensive at $5,000.

I've now saved up the money to take the course, and I'm very close to making a decision. But, before I do that, I wanted to inquire here if anyone had any direct, first-hand experience taking it, good or bad.....

You mentioned initially that it was utter rubbish. Could you please elaborate on why you felt that way?

Last edited:
Yes, I have been trading the eminis, real-time, during those 4 years, on a part-time basis. I have had mixed success. I'm looking for ways to improve my trading and to eventually switch to full-time trading, and I am interested in the style of trading taught in that course.
If you need to ‘save up’ that sort of money I’m going to hazard a guess it represents a significant amount to you. In which case, your trading capital will have been of similar proportion and significance to you over those 4 years? If so, spending that amount on a course is just plain crazy, no matter how attractive the subject matter (which is a little off the wall for a tyro anyway) may appear to you.

Use the volumes of useful content available on this site (you may have to go back a ways…LOL) to improve your trading to a level where you can trade consistency successfully full time and then treat yourself to the course – if it still has any appeal.

That’s probably not why you’re here asking this, for one of two possible reasons, so I’ll bow out now, but will be delighted to assist you in your further trading development through this medium should you wish.

Thanks, Bramble.

However, with all due respect, I am still curious as to why you feel that course is rubbish. You were very quick to call the course utter rubbish. That is a very strong statement.

So, if you have specific, first-hand reasons for feeling that way, I'd be very appreciative if you could just share that. I feel that I have been very obliging in answering all your questions about my trading experience ( which I don't feel is relevant to the purposes of this thread ). Yet, despite my repeated request for specific reasons why you feel the course is rubbish, you have yet to really address my questions........

Last edited:
again, if anyone else out there has had direct, first-hand experience with the Daytradingcourse.com course, I would be most appreciative if you could share your thoughts with me, good or bad.

But, please, please, share specifics, especially if your opinion on the course is negative. I'm just trying to get real, honest opinions from people that have actually taken the course.

thanks!

Last edited:
tradermini, I'm coming to the conclusion it's reason #2. Unfortunately.

You're too emphatic and insistent to be just causally interested in this course.

Out.

Last edited:
hey everyone,

if anyone else has any firsthand experience with this course, good or bad, I'd be most appreciative if you could share it with me....

thanks.

Spam Alert

Hi Bramble,

I need to clarify then.

He HAS NOT been providing me with trading support for the past 4 years. I have not been trading his method for the past 4 years, as I haven't taken his course.

I have been asking him questions ABOUT his course, off and on, for the past 4 years. Now, I'm at the point where I am seriously considering taking his course, to learn his method, and to improve my trading.

Hope that clears that up......

The course is SPAM.....designed to disconnect the stupid, greedy or gullible from their money. The "methods" can be gleaned from Elliott Wave etc.

See below:

Forums - Input for Day Trading Course

As an aside I note you are keen on the Tick Trader course
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commercial-systems/30229-tick-trader-course-david-marsh-3.html
but when Trader Tom told you of the crap treatment he got and losses incurred - you later come back with a post in which you urge Trader Tom to reconsider his evaluation by showing a site allegedly extolling the benefits of said tick Trading course. But also note above where you say you have spent four years looking at a Daytrading.com course - why are you so slow to make up your mind ?
One has to be wary of spammers posing as newbies.

Last edited:
Tradermini,

Did you end up taking the course from daytradingcourse.com? Did you ever locate anyone with information (positive or negative) on the course?

Thanks,
SC

hey everyone,

if anyone else has any firsthand experience with this course, good or bad, I'd be most appreciative if you could share it with me....

thanks.

Tradermini,

Did you end up taking the course from daytradingcouse.com? If not, did you find anyone with relevant info (postive or negative)?

Thanks,
SC

Hello,
I did take this course over a year ago and 2 more of my friends have as well. I have been following the steps in the program. There is no doubt this system works, I have seen it first hand. During 4 of the 5 days of training we traded live and entered about 16 trades with no stop outs using the entry signals. There is no magic here it takes alot of practice and time to master. The program covers every aspect needed to become a daytrader and no aspect is left out. This program has been designed by someone who has traded every day for last 20 years. Your looking at least 1 to 2 years of training before tradeing with real money.
Hope this helps

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed reply this account is tied to an old email that I do not check very often.

Thanks for the information. Good to know you had the confidence to recommend it to your friends. I agree he is not a "hype it up" "you'll get rich quick" teacher and clearly tells everyone you have to do the work.

Thanks again,