Sticky Introduce Yourself

Looking to Learn

Hello All,

I've been a buy and hold investor for some while. Over the past decade I've experienced the downs then ups then downs again, and have ended up pretty much where I started.

Looking to trade more actively I opened an account with I.G. Index in January this year, and have been making first tentative steps.

I'm hoping to learn from the knowledge of more experienced traders.

CFD's

Hi to all, im new to the whole forum thing, but needed some help and advice. Anyone else been getting calls from brokers claiming to do CFD's?

Are they any good?

hi everybody

just recently joined the whole forum thing, have been looking at the forex for some time as the name suggest haha, looking to learn, been using a very simple strategy paper trading and it seems to be working i do intend to take the plunge and trade with real money some point this year

kind regards

Introduction

Hello to all
I am new to this forum, look forward to share trading tips with you.
I am mainly trading on currencies, for about 1 year. I relate mostly to fundamental analysis, supported by some basic technical analysis. I am getting more into daily trading which may be a more suitable approach to currency trading.
If you have any suggestions feel free...
ps- USD continuing on a bearish trend? Agree?
Tomo

Hello, quick introduction. Been researching and reading up on trading for the past year or so (mainly spreadbetting stocks and indexes)

Also interested in forex trading but my knowledge in that area is at a beginner level at best.

Bonjour

bienvenu

Vous etes francais?
To make sure you understand I ll speak in english.
Look the forex trading does not suit every trader, but if you are interested you should definitely learn about it. What I can tell you is that you won t be bored it is very dynamic.
You should start with the basic knowledge and then start practicing on small amounts on one or 2 major pair of currency to apply what you ve learnt, Experience will teach you the best!
If you have any more question do not hesitate! :rolleyes:

Hello, quick introduction. Been researching and reading up on trading for the past year or so (mainly spreadbetting stocks and indexes)

Also interested in forex trading but my knowledge in that area is at a beginner level at best.

Bonjour

New Member, sad about investing advisors,

Swiss Management Consulting AG, Evolution Global Capital Partners inc, and Red Reef Laboratories.:(
This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
General Forums - First Steps

CMC Markets increased margin requirements

Hi there t2w community,

I have had a CMC MM account for nearly 5 years. I was slow of the mark when they had commission free trading. it was fun then experimenting not costing you anything other than losses on stupid trading.

Onetime I went long Abbey Nat(remember them) night before before they announced their results, OOUCH!!! Man that that was painful.

Anyway back to CMC now they charge commission, increased margin today AND this year their prices on Rio and AAL (in July/Aug) were nowhere near advfn prices I am thinking of chamging to someone else. to top it all off when spreads were wide on Rio/AAL the CMC helpdesk said it was there were so many extra people trading these stocks. Surely, then extra liquidity would narrow spreads??

Anyway, are the others out their considering changing from CMC, I have on my checklist to explore GFT/IG Markets/Etrade and GNI Touch.

Anyone in the same boat OR has opinions/views on the above.

best regards

friends:(

Hello to T2W

Hi folks. An occasional trader as I have dipped in and out with various schemes/strategies over the years. A recipe for losing money, I know, I've lost it.

Looking for some guidance and inspiration by reading other peoples experiences.

Hello. My father used to have a few stocks and shares, so when he died I put money he left into shares, I can remember ticking a box on the internet and getting a call from a pursuasive youngman, who told me the name of the scientist dealing in Red Reef Laboratories int, mr Claus G Wagner-Bartak.I looked it all up, and then had sent a realistic two page summary of my
investment with the company Swiss Management Consulting. I paid £1000 in July 2007, and sent
it through by fax from the bank. The following year, I was called and persuaded to pay £1440 to another company for 922 shares in Evolution Global Capital Partners, which I have now seen, have in fact never traded, although the shares on MSM money have always shown to be worth $2.85 I do not know how to report this, has anyone experience of these? I do think you should always get advise
from close friends and family before going into such dealings.

Hello

New to all this but have already been targetted by 'boiler rooms' so I thought I ought to join a site where I can get advice from more experienced people :)

I am so shocked to find myself being as trusting as I was with the callers and emails and paperwork
I was sent. There is so much in the details, I am wondering if it would in fact be worth reporting
them to the authorities. After I have spent several hours looking into it all.Then any outcome
i would report on this board (forum)

But they spin such a convincing tale.....I thought it sounded too good to be true so asked them to call back after I had done a bit of research..... they were so convincing however - I did report Barclay Hoffman to the FSA...especially when I could not contact them myself but they seemed to have no trouble contacting me. I would love to know where they got my details from. I know mailing lists are sold... but it was obviously from some company that knew I had money and was looking to invest it that had passed on my details.

Last edited:

Hello! I have no experience in trading, but I am interested in learning how to interpret candlestick charts and oscillators to develop a swing trading strategy.

any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Hi everyone, I joined the forum to get some tips from other much more experienced traders. I started trading last week, Friday to be precise about 1.00pm. By 2.00pm after the U.S employment figures were out, purely by luck I. was £1000.00 better off. I had a good weekend and thought I had cracked it. Guess what, I,ve had a crap weekend and lost all my winnings last week. Help!!!!

Altinkum, man do I know what you mean.

Hello all, im new here. My current investment strategy is called the impacting roller coaster. Its benifits are it can make you sick and angry :) I'm a newb but enjoy speculating and reading. After being the tough guy and trying my own ways I've registered to a few forums and hope to gleam all I can from the more experianced traders and site resources. I was always the type to play the game first THEN read the instruction manual, hehe.

Cheers! :)

Hi all, my name is Ben. Have been interested in trading on an off for last couple of years. Been reading articles on the internet and numerous books to get my knowledge up.

Did try some spreadbetting previously but made all the classic mistakes and was really just gambling.

I am fortunate to be contracting at the moment with flexible hours, ideally one day (even if 5 yrs time) I would like to be in a position to spend less time contracting and more time trading.

At present I am mostly learning :smart:and trying to get some practice. I am able to get home early enough in the day to have at least a few hours to trade on the US stock markets. At present I am aiming for an approach of trying to find a nice clean trending stock, ideally in a channel coming off support (I realise this is prolly a little bit much to ask ;)), ideally I will be trading on a shorter timeframe, checking longer timeframes for confirmation and also the overall market for direction. I have a lot to learn but feel I have picked up the basics.

I have tried a trial of ProRealTIme which I thought was very good and have enjoyed reading articles on here by the likes of Mr.Charts, Trader_Dante to name a couple, anyway hope to start posting more as opposed to lurking. :D

hi all...just discovered the site and joined right up...i am the beginner of beginners...have been a self-directed investor for about 12 years, but just now heading into trading territory. going to trade equities for sure and maybe move into options some day, but am in no rush for the latter.

and just in reading the first few posts of this thread i've come up with my First Official Question: what's TA (in the context of trading, silly)?

thanks...