Sticky Introduce Yourself

hi all...just discovered the site and joined right up...i am the beginner of beginners...have been a self-directed investor for about 12 years, but just now heading into trading territory. going to trade equities for sure and maybe move into options some day, but am in no rush for the latter.

and just in reading the first few posts of this thread i've come up with my First Official Question: what's TA (in the context of trading, silly)?

thanks...

Technical Analysis Plaintiger, as in charts and patterns, as opposed to Fundamental Analysis, i.e. whether the stock appears cheap and has a good future or viceversa

Technical Analysis Plaintiger, as in charts and patterns, as opposed to Fundamental Analysis, i.e. whether the stock appears cheap and has a good future or viceversa

duh. of course! thank you, bangkoker...i do know what technical and fundamental analysis are - i've even begun - just begun - to be able to read charts - but the references i saw to TA didn't give enough context for me to think that one out for myself. the response is much appreciated.

Hi Everyone. Joined this forum a couple of weeks ago. I am a beginner although have been dabbling on and off for a few months now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome. I have been trading for a little while, but have only just discovered this site. It is godd to hear other peoples views and thoughts on all sorts of subjects.

New here - just wanted to introduce myself - I'm Jade - I have just started trading forex this month. I am very excited to see this forum is alive (unlike other forums I have visited and waited endlessly for some answers to my questions) - anyway - I look forward to participating in this forum
:)

Hey,

Just joined up as I am interested in learning as much as I can about TA from scratch and perhaps some cautious dabbling with spread betting. My aim is to learn enough to go into day trading - ideally as a career after uni, but a part of me wants to keep a 'secure' job and just trade on the side!

Have read a bit about FA but as a student can't stick up the capital to make it worthwhile to go for a buy-and-hold strategy - yet!
Cheers

Hello everyone. I was referred here from Pistonheads by ShadowNinja(thanks).

Just started spread betting the FTSE and Dow Jones. Making lots of heroic decisions, such as shorting the Dow at +40 last night!!!

Currently considering stopping trading and simply burning £20 notes instead. Hopefully I'll learn something before that happens.

hello everyone
my name is hubo from china i have been trading U.S stocks for 2 years ,and i hope i can make some trader friends here and Good luck to everyone with their trading strategies.

Hello to everyone. I am interested in forex trading. I have been in the financial area virtually all my work life. I am now retired and have a strong interest in trading. I have reviewed many of the comments in this website and found them very interesting. I feel proud to be part of this wonderful giving group. Thank you all and lots of luck to you.

Kobe

Hi Everyone,
I have been trading Currency for 2 years using a mini account and my goal is to trade full time and sell my business. I have been studying Elliott Wave Theory for about 6 months now and would really like to talk with other Forex traders that use Elliot Wave and Fibbonacci retracements and projections to trade.

Dave

afternoon all,

I'm MM, London based part time trader, I decided to give share trading a go with what was left of my ISA money, read some books (The naked trader etc) which led me to investing more, not bothering with cash ISA, opening spread betting accounts etc :)

I followed a link from google finance and am looking to learn more and hopefully make me filthy stinking rich :D

ello micky mellon, the funny thing is i work for online CFD and FOREX broker lol, but i jus opened a demo account and dont know what im doing lol, yee ill defoo try n find some book. thanks for your help.

Just wanted to say Hi, I've been trading stocks for a few years now and I wanted something faster for my style. I prefer to get in and out. Not to say that I don't plan for my investments for my long term accounts but for short term I prefer day trading and I feel more comfortable with Forex even though I not sure how to trade it. I'm playing with the free trails right now so you BB is a God send.
Thanks
bevil1

Hey there I'm Jeff in SoCal. Hated finance & econ in college, but when I got really really sick 3 yrs ago and was confined to my room, I started learning the markets and the traditional "diversified portfolio with endless fundamental analysis". When the market started tanking, I started picking up technical analysis last year and have had a ton of help from traders on twitter since.

Day trading was hard to pick up since I'm always sick and my health makes my body clock and schedule a mess. Finally learned Index futures over a month ago from my trading partner & mentor @jsfalvo on twitter-now I have more chances to make my daily quota overnight. If i'm well enough to be up during the trading day I get that extra bonus ;) Just tryin to learn from other traders here when I can and give back to those who need help if it's something i know!