Sticky Introduce Yourself

introduction

Thanks Sharky,

Have been a full time trader for >5yrs, & time like these we could all
do with some support lol.

Particularly interested in US Options and CFD and trader psychology.

Could do with some better Risk Management techniques though!

:LOL:

Hi Sharky

:cool:
Don`t even ask how I end up here , cause I don`t realy know. I was searching for finer detail about the ADX /DMI Indicator in technical analysis and voila I register as a member t2w.

Look forwarrd to the experience and know I will meet a bunch of great friends,

Sharky thanx for the welcoming note.

Much appreciated.

Regards
Punto Banco

hi everyone...

im an amateur in finance and trading. I hve derivatives in my course and am finding cerain concepts difficult to understand. to start from basics,

"By August, the price of gold increases by $2 to $352 per ounce and Joe decides to sell the contract in order to realize a profit. The 1,000 ounce contract would now be worth $352,000 and the profit would be $2,000. Given the very high leverage (remember the initial margin was $2,000), by going long, Joe made a 100% profit! "

the article says th the entered into a futures contract and sold it before it expired.

i dont understand how it works and how he is able to make a profit.

can someone kindly help me..

Maybe you missed "Joe bought (went long) the contract at $350. You are aware these are standardised contracts, freely tradeable on an exchange many times before their expiry date? There are plenty of futures guides on the web.

Hope this helps

Hi all trader,
Just want to introduce my self, from Indonesia.
Been trading option for 4 years, and still learning from all trader in this forum.
Hope we can help each other..

This is a new sticky thread in the Members, Meetups & Socials forum which provides everyone an opportunity both old members and new an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community.

If you're a new member, or maybe just a lurker who hasn't yet taken the plunge, then this is as good a place as any to start. Tell us a bit about yourself, perhaps your trading history and interests, and what you hope to gain from the site.

:!: If you have any simple questions related to trading, then please refrain from asking them in this thread and instead use the First Steps forum, which is targeted specifically to newbies taking their first steps:
First Steps - T2W Day Trading & Forex Forums

Thank you sharky for your warm welcome, and Hi to all members.

Well I just want to say at this moment in time I'm a newbie to the forex market. I found this website while searching through any site connected to forex. I look forward to the future, and hope to join in the forum. We all want to trade2win so what a great name for this site. All the best to everyone for now, regards serrano.

Hello

I am new to all this stuff so basically just starting out. I don't do this for a living but it seems like a good thing to get your head around. Probably the most understated sentence in the world as I know it's a massive topic but you got to start somewhere.

Anyway looking forward to the content on here.

Cheers
Mike

Trading Platform

Hi All,
I came across this forum as I searched for input on Tradestation vs Interactive brokers trading platform. I would really appreciate any information on benefit or limitation either platform has.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am a Screenwriter, SEO Consultant and Options Trading Student, currently living in Montreal, Quebec, but plan on returning to South Florida in the new year. I run a website, Blaine561.com Screenwriter's Blog! with a variety of articles on the stock market, forex and options trading as well as Internet marketing tips and the latest tips and tricks for the aspiring screenwriters of the world. I have been working with Options University for the past year, revamping their video production and Interent marketing strategies. I have been recording Ron Ianieri speaking all this time, with unique insights to what is really happening in the markets, from a 14 years options floor trader and someone who is actively in the markets now. I haven't started trading yet, still too busy to be able to devote my time and efforts to trading full time, but it is coming, after more education. I think education is really important in trading smart, and having the right tools to work with, so I will not worry about missing one of the most volatile markets we've ever seen, little scary on some days, and for now, just sit back and watch the mayhem.

Blaine561

Hello, My name is Eloge Gabriel, I am new to this site and I hope to learn alot from it. I am learning the Forex, to be a day trader, stockbroker to eventually be an stock analist, Portofolio Manager ect.... But first thing first, I am learning everything about trading

Hey guys. A friend of mine from Oz suggested a chatroom on meebo, where one of the key members recommended this site. I am a newby trader mostly fxing with mini lots, just pickin up the rythms and am very keen to learn as much as possible.

Hello everyone form a new member!...

Just want to say that I wish everyone success in their trading. :cool:

I have had about 10yrs of trading experience back in the 90's to about 2001.
I stopped trading for awhile after my wife of 25 yrs passed on.

Things are getting better, and decided about 6 months ago to get back into
trading again. My main area my wife and I preferred was Cotton, Coffee, OJ,
and the meats.

I've got to say that things have changed in the short while I've been gone.

Like ICE taking over several markets, and the volatility increase in margins!!!:eek:

Another reason I joined is I'm looking to get educated somewhat on Forex. Sounds great.

Anyway... I just wanted to say hello everyone, and I hope that you all have great
success in managing your trades, and keep those stops close unless you're RICH,
and are investing just for fun. I wish that was my case.

I hope to be able to add some positive information to this Forum from some of my experience I've had, Good and Bad.

Anyway... I'll be seeing you around.

Razor130

Hello

Hello everybody,

I'm not trader, but i'm working in a financial entity.
My work consist to make programs to help traders in their work.

Watermelonzzz.

Hello everybody,

I'm not trader, but i'm working in a financial entity.
My work consist to make programs to help traders in their work.

Watermelonzzz.

Hi everyone

Hi all,
thanks for the brilliant free information you provide for people like me!

I am still new to the game and have been dabbling in spread betting, binary bets for about a year now. I want to get into forex trading too.

The wealth of knowledge and information sharing from members of this site is just what anyone looking to get into financial trading needs, so thanks again.

DAS

"If you want to make money, go where the money is." - Kennedy

Hello, just to introduce myself
my name is stefan iam new to the forex market,
just 16 years old but iv'e managed to make a 120% profit over the last two weeks trading EUR/USD

Hi , I signed up today after a few days incentive research. My name is Josef and just started to be a part of this amazing people and this grate website. I need any kind of advice and tips . I will knock your for help. :)

Hey, been trading/investing very badly for the past year started at the peak of the market. Really only know this bear market, but have progressively decided that I no longer like the buy and hold approach.

I have been developing trading systems in wealthlab for the past 6 months and am now working to figure out how to implement my system- on a more competent platform, so that is where I am in my trading development.

Invest...Get burnt
DayTrade... find out I have no discipline
Develop a trading system... hopefully The trading system will increase my discipline to the point of profitability.

Hoping for some interesting reads.

Introduction

Hi
Couldn't get annotated charts (Java?) in stock-charts so got to this site via google ; I alternate between trading and thinking this is fun but a waste of time, and this year some loss of money-fortunately my wife's funds have been in cash for 3-4 months. I like to read-suspense fiction. I need to exercise more. I am a 1 year retired teacher of math.
Frank Maris