Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello MM, can't find information about 30 min rule. Could you please explain what is it?
Alex

Hi Alex

Basically - any interim high or low in intraday that lasts over 30 mins with no breach - favours a continuation of the move after the low or high

It then needs over 50 -60 mins to test the low or high again

Its not written in stone - but its another clue or guide on strength of S & R's at levels and can help your decision making etc

Will explain it in more detail when we have a so called BTTZ area - tease zone

Regards

F

EU

Red US Dollar news in 10 mins at 1 30 pm

Price at 1406 and now a LL and 1395 to 1403 key as next supports

Will not stay in scalp sell at news - exit a few mins or more beforehand

My longer 1 min LR say still in bullish PS above 1385 / 90

Price at 1398 atm - will exit in next 1 to 5 min depending on PA prior to news

1 30 pm

Dollar weakness again atm - EU spiked up to 1435 and stopped again

Not convinced on either direction atm - nor is the market for now

1 42 pm

OK - still a scalp buy above 1405 and 07 - but again needs over 1430 / 35 and 45 to stay with buys

Under 1397 and 1390 i would be scalp selling again

I will stay with EU to after the 2 00 pm TW and then popping out for a break and back after 3 00 pm

Its real indecision - or tease time

On the EU we know over 1425 and 30 and 35 and 45 - scalp buy land for a try higher

But if we drop under 1400 again and under 1390 - then its tests lower at supports we breached as R's on the way up yesterday and this morning

This is a time to look at "wrapping" - ie placing trades either side of the immediate range - but its risky as market makers love stop hunting the clever traders who think they can take the easy options to get around tease zone

We might stop in a tight range for just another 15 mins - or it might last an hour - that's the problem

I dont mind as done way over my daily target so - really can afford to wait for better probabilities etc etc

3 40 pm

Market very slow atm

Eu as dropped from 1445 down to a low of 1387 for now

I reckon we need to see back above 1410 and 1415 to think about holding scalp buys on longer or taking new ones

Under 1405 its still a sell - but as I type we are testing above 1400 again now

I have lots of supports from 1360 - 75 and 85 so its whether they will hold and the R's will fall away again

Going to pop back after 4 00 pm for a bit

Noticed the low at 1387 as now stayed unbreached for over 30 mins - showing its a support area and would now need another 20 mins plus before it can be tested again - thats if it is tested again

Back prior to 4 00 pm to see a very strong move down after we failed to test 1410+

The low was breached outside the time rules and kept on going to so far 1364 - near the bottom of the first main support area

Just noticed Draghi from ECB speaking now at 4 00 pm

So be careful on EU - although normally every time he speaks - it falls ;-))

4 09 pm

EU

stalling now around 1360 support

Will leave 30% on sell with stop in profit at 79

Probably not back until after 5 pm now

i noted this line the other day and posted it. it has interacted with price well.
cop of harmonic shape turned price. flat now

Attachments

• shape1.PNG
    shape1.PNG
    206.2 KB · Views: 114
  • redline.PNG
    redline.PNG
    98.9 KB · Views: 92
4 09 pm

EU

stalling now around 1360 support

Will leave 30% on sell with stop in profit at 79

Probably not back until after 5 pm now

EU

5 15pm

Shame really it went down to 1344 and i was only back in time to exit at 65 .

I think it is trying to find a support area around 1350 now and maybe we will stay in a 40 or 50 pip range now

Finished for day on scalping etc - but will pop in later to just check out levels etc ready for tomorrow

Hope you all have had a decent day

Regards

F

Status
Not open for further replies.