Status
Not open for further replies.
Forexmospherian -
which broker do you use?
which charting platform do you use?
which trading software do you use?
do you spreadbet or prefer CFD?

I live in the UK.

Also, is their a way to view this entire forum as a pdf?
as 1 webpage?

Sorry i did not get round to replying to you earlier on

I use 2 ECN brokers - Dukascopy and FXPro - i like the FXPro platform the best and find Dukas can give me better fills and are quicker but dont us them everyday

I have been told I should move to Lmax and will probably move one account there within the next 2 months

I use my own bespoke linear regression settings on a tick and one minute chart and incorporate 9 min time windows either side the 30 and 60 min frame changes

I live in the Midlands approx 20 mins from Birmingham

With regards to the other question - don't think so - I know it might take half a day to read through my 2 main blogs - but thats nothing if you are into short term intraday trading and are serious.

My method is not simple - quite complex and so far its taken me 8 months to train one trader who already had over 18 months of experience to get to a decent scalp level.

I personally think you need over 3000 hrs of watching live small frame charts to understand PA at the coalface. Depending on the time you have that could take anything from 18 months to 4 years etc

To become an expert you need over the 10k hrs on live charts and ideally over 5000 live trades

Regards

F

Sorry i did not get round to replying to you earlier on

I use 2 ECN brokers - Dukascopy and FXPro - i like the FXPro platform the best and find Dukas can give me better fills and are quicker but dont us them everyday

I have been told I should move to Lmax and will probably move one account there within the next 2 months

I use my own bespoke linear regression settings on a tick and one minute chart and incorporate 9 min time windows either side the 30 and 60 min frame changes

I live in the Midlands approx 20 mins from Birmingham

With regards to the other question - don't think so - I know it might take half a day to read through my 2 main blogs - but thats nothing if you are into short term intraday trading and are serious.

My method is not simple - quite complex and so far its taken me 8 months to train one trader who already had over 18 months of experience to get to a decent scalp level.

I personally think you need over 3000 hrs of watching live small frame charts to understand PA at the coalface. Depending on the time you have that could take anything from 18 months to 4 years etc

To become an expert you need over the 10k hrs on live charts and ideally over 5000 live trades

Regards

F

FxPro - Thanks. Not familiar with them. Had a look on their website, which mentioned Cyprus, so I checked FSA register on FSA website and they do indeed have a valid Financial Conduct Authority license, which is good as it means UK traders are covered under the £85k limit or whatever it is these days.

LMAX. Is very fast. I tried their demo account a few days ago. And LMAX is also FastTrack top 100 company. So yes, very very fast.
Minimum $10k account.
Try Demo account, it's very impressive!!
10 times faster than IG INDEX / IG Markets!

Short term intraday trading.
Not sure if it suits my personality.
(I do have a full time job (which I may reduce to part time)
and I think the bulk of fx trading is done in London trading session)
(One reason, why I am exploring backtesting on forextester and Metatrader)
I also have videos of J16 FX trading group and Chris Lori FX training videos.
I am not sure whether to bother with them or not or focus on Equities.
I do understand Equities better.

Time:
I have 5 hours per weekday evening: 25 hours.
5-8 hours per weekend = 10 / 16 hours.
If I change my full time job to part time,
I will have an additional 15 hours per week.

So my time allowance:
35 / 41 hours per week for trading (+ learning trading).
Full time / part time day job: 22.5 / 37.5 hours
TOTAL brain usage time: 57 / 78.5 which is OK.
Past experience of working in London a few years ago,
I know that brain usage time of anywhere 80-120 hours per 7 days
eventually just results in burn out.

My real dilemma is:
I am not sure if scalping suits my personality.

I do enjoy my free time to focus on competitive sports.

I recently studied http://www.instutrade.com trading course.
I passed. It's a great course though emphasis on Equities due to bus. cycle.
So I am leaning more towards long/short Equity trading
rather than FX trading.

That said, I do realise that getting even 20-60 pips a day is extra income.

It's definitely an interesting area.
In a nutshell, their are many ways of trading and gaining money from the markets, scalping is one of them.

Your FX day trading style reminds me of
Timothy Sykes who is a penny stock Equities day trader. He takes advantage of the inefficiencies of micro small cap stocks (many of which are pump and dump) and break top and break down approach. His is a very simple approach and clearly works very well for him.

I live in Oxford by the way. So kind of Midlands.

Oxonfx

Wednesday 1st October 2014 - Approx 7 10 am

Good Morning FX Intraday traders

Late this morning ( again ) must stop watching the Champions League Footy on T V

OK normal updates and reviews for a start

Not taken on ne scalp so far this morning - but I am sure this will soon change

Have a good day - and stay focused

Regards

F

EU

Made a 2635 lower high yesterday after a new low of 2571

Now as found support at 2608 and bounced so far to 2625 and so in an approx 30 pip range needing above 36 and 42 to be taking or holding new scalp buys and under 2600 and 2590 to be holding scalp sells

ATM direction other than for small scalps is totally mixed although clues are saying we might test 30 /33 and then fall again

GU

a SCALP BUY above 6190 for now

It made a low of just under 6170 yesterday and so far today a HL at 6180 and for the last 4 hrs its been drifting slowly up

6205 -10 is first resistance

If you read PA on a 1 hr or 4 hr chart - learn to do it on a tick or 1 min chart

Then the HH's and the HL's and the opposite will tell you along with the times and were the interim S or R are - when might be a good time to exit

For example if you are up 9 pips - you might let it fall 4 pips and stay with it to see if it tries higher

If you are up 13 pips - take it and drop to 30% stakes if you think it as potential

If you are only up 6 pips and its gone over 5 mins and nothing much is happening take 70% off and leave stop in 1 pip of profit

There are so many ways to manage a trade - but if you are up over 7 pips - never repeat never let it go to a loss

Third tip of the day to you ;-)

Regards

F

ladies and gentlemen - the clues in red............the secret to trading is not winning, its first about ensuring you are not losing :cool:

Morning F

Good Luck - but i'm sure luck does not have too much to do with it :)

Morning FXW

Just a little bit does help lol - but certainly would not trade just on it lol

Have a good day

Got to pop out at 7 45am but will be back then in next hour

Regards

Peter

ladies and gentlemen - the clues in red............the secret to trading is not winning, its first about ensuring you are not losing :cool:

Morning N

So true (y)

Have a good day - very late for me this morning but got a scalp buy on GU so far

Regards

F

AU

This pair as really dropped last month with another new low yesterday of 8663

Under 8750 area on bounces would be more sells again and really for any hope of a turn for now we need to see above 8775 and 8800 etc

However that should not stop us scalp buying and its already risen 30+ pips in last few hours

Immediate range - say 8708 to 8680 approx 20 -30 pips with more scalp buys above 08 and scalp sells under 8680

OK see you a bit later - made 9 pips on GU for a start but will exit for now

Morning N

So true (y)

Have a good day - very late for me this morning but got a scalp buy on GU so far

Regards

F

I hate analogies of trading with sport ........but I learned about this particular rule as a Tottenham fan over the years watching arsenals defensive machines give nothing away and always do well..............you start with rock solid defensive strategies then add the attacking game..........no brainer in any sport or business......:smart:

EU

Made a 2635 lower high yesterday after a new low of 2571

Now as found support at 2608 and bounced so far to 2625 and so in an approx 30 pip range needing above 36 and 42 to be taking or holding new scalp buys and under 2600 and 2590 to be holding scalp sells

ATM direction other than for small scalps is totally mixed although clues are saying we might test 30 /33 and then fall again

EU comment from over an hr ago

Yes - we made 31/2 and then fell again - clues nearly spot on there

Can we test 2600 now or not ??

8 50 am

For now 6220 to 6230 is a tough barrier or resistance for the GU to breach

With news only 40 mins away - we might only test it etc - but in this game anything can happen and we have to make sure there is not a set up in the wrong direction before the news is released

EJ

above 138 45 /50 - favours scalp buys and a test of over 70 and maybe 80

Would need to see under 138 40 and 35 to be holding or taking new scalp sells

Status
Not open for further replies.