Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 25 am

Still not made 14 - got to 138 138 on my chart - so 30% stake still on for now

Under 08 and 06 more scalp sells

It took my 30% stake out by a couple of pips

Then you could see a move was planned at 9 28 / 29 am - but not knowing how big - whether it would test under 138 00 or not ???

That was some big dump

Looks as though the Swiss National Bank removed cap on the franc at 1 20 per Euro

Sudden crash etc

Nice at key time 9 30 am UK time

Also a reduction on their Interest rate caught all out

cannot trade this, I am not a gambler.....having a pause...

Things like this happen just now and again - - ie like Black Swan events

News not even on calender

The exact hr and half hr change are always the key times for dumps - but if I remember correctly over last 5 years the half hr change as been used the most for massive dumps / changes

I am well up now off EJ - but lucky - and some of my other 30% stakes taken out - but again - lucky as in profit

The exact hr and half hr change are always the key times for dumps - but if I remember correctly over last 5 years the half hr change as been used the most for massive dumps / changes

I am well up now off EJ - but lucky - and some of my other 30% stakes taken out - but again - lucky as in profit

this is where a SL is a must

EU

10 09 am

Noticed the drop as bounced back up to prior sell off now

That last 30 mins seen 2 x 200 pip moves - ie 400 pips in under 35 mins - lol

NO - did not get any on EU - but did on EJ

this is where a SL is a must

True - although 2 things

Flash crashes - normally go back to normal within a hour and even 15 mins in some cases

Sometimes stops can be gapped on very quick moves

These thing are like just every now and again - you can go over a year or two with none - or have 3 in a year - thats the unknown - sods law - you might win big time if lucky on one - and lose big time off another

Morning F.Did that move constitute a black swan event?.
Also if you had been on the wrong side of the move what would your losses have been and could you have escaped from the position.Sry for noob question as im not sure of fx. Im aware of gaps when spreadbetting and was once caught in a big opening gap on the dow.I was $4 per point long and it gapped down 200 points on the open and went through 4 stops-straight down 200 points-lost $800-would todays situation resemble that scenario.................cheers(y)

Morning F.Did that move constitute a black swan event?.
Also if you had been on the wrong side of the move what would your losses have been and could you have escaped from the position.Sry for noob question as im not sure of fx. Im aware of gaps when spreadbetting and was once caught in a big opening gap on the dow.I was $4 per point long and it gapped down 200 points on the open and went through 4 stops-straight down 200 points-lost $800-would todays situation resemble that scenario.................cheers(y)

Good Question

The news that caused the upset was not down on most calenders - and I think it caused a surprise with interest rate drop as well by the Swiss.

I can only be aware of it with time - all these type of events seem to happen dead on the exact hour - or exactly on the half hr - in this case 9 30 am UK time

I was lucky - not in EU at all - but had 30% stakes taken out of some other pairs - ie GU - but they were in profit anyway - and made a nice killing on the EJ - although just before the drop - 1 x 30% stake was taken off

I really dont know whether this is classified as a Black Swan trading event - too me - it is on purely because of major effect on EU and Swissy

I would be interested to see if anybodies limit or stop orders were gapped etc - as this can happen as sometimes you have to take it up with the broker and if you are a good client they might play ball - otherwise if they dont care you have had it

Just having a look now to see the aftermath and comments from others etc about whats happened

All the best

Regards

F

True - although 2 things

Flash crashes - normally go back to normal within a hour and even 15 mins in some cases

Sometimes stops can be gapped on very quick moves

These thing are like just every now and again - you can go over a year or two with none - or have 3 in a year - thats the unknown - sods law - you might win big time if lucky on one - and lose big time off another

first rule protect you capital.....with 150 down whatever it comes back or not in not a laughing matter especially if your normal risk is about 5 pips.....

Status
Not open for further replies.