Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at 42 as primary support which I'd be pleased as punch to see it break. If it closes above 70 I'll exit without waiting for the stop to get hit.

Not a real big mover? 150 pips yesterday wasn't too shabby.

I'm not trying to match trades or trading success with you or asking you for any advice or tips, I'm just pointing out what a real live trade can look like in all its naked simplicity, and honesty.

Ok

Understand your point - but if you get to a point that you made say 5 or 10 or more successful trades a day etc and you maintained it on going for say a month or more - would you want to be a free trade alert service for all and sundry and end up with many followers who don't want to trade - but totally use you etc

You might say yes - but surely you know intraday trading is boring and you want interaction with other traders and actually get a kick out of helping a genuine newbie on the journey.

I got helped - some of it as no good - but 2 or 3 things I have learnt off other traders I still use today and incorporate it in my methods

But none of this is a live call is it? Or will you come back later and, whichever way it went, claim to have pinpointed the entry?

Say it heads to 76 but then does nothing and immediately falls back. You'll not mention it. But if it broke 76 and shoots up a few pips you'll state that was your entry, planned in advance, wouldn't you?

Similarly, if it falls below 40, if it makes a significant move down you'll say 40 was you entry point. If it dips below then doesn't do much, you'll simply move on and hope nobody noticed. I do notice these things.

therein lies the problem with these types of 'calls' (although this was all done to death by 'Tar' and a few others some time ago. I guess they got bored and gave up trying to explain it! :))

Unfortunately Lord flashearts thread (that had actual/unambiguous live calls, died out when he left)
There is still a live call thread for the dax/ftse, but nothing for fx at the moment.

All your points can be answered quite easily

You know my stop size

You know my main target areas - 7 -25 pips - with 10 -15 pips being OK

You know my scalp times - ideally under 10 mins - max 30 mins as a scalp

You know I dont let winning trade with over 7 pips go to a losing trade -

You know I dont like to scalp for less than 5 to 7 pips and 10 to 15 pips I might drop to 30% stakes and place a stop in profit - and then forget it and leave it alone

IF you think about it - that explains what I do

So if you followed me on a 1 min LR chart you could actually tell me my trade after some practice etc

Any body not understanding my methods - I agree - would be lost

I am quite happy with that - but serious short term intraday traders would be seeing what I do and actually see how good I am within a day or two

Regards

F
I can't believe this. You're still tap dancing around the issue.

"You know my main target areas - 7 -25 pips - with 10 -15 pips being OK". So where is it? Wherever you decide in retrospect the actual price action fitted within that amorphous band of assorted target levels.

"You know I dont like to scalp for less than 5 to 7 pips and 10 to 15 pips I might drop to 30% stakes and place a stop in profit". Again, precision is all, especially for the handful of pips you're typically trading for. These vague bands and ranges of bands are ambiguous in the extreme.

Nzd / Cad

I like that you would close above 70 - say 73 if it started to try up - thats being flexible and dynamic in an ever changing market

For me now under 66 still happy it might fall - but dont like the fact 57 last low - was just 2 / 3 pips above 55 supports

I think under 52 and 45 would then overcome your 42 support area

I can't believe this. You're still tap dancing around the issue.

"You know my main target areas - 7 -25 pips - with 10 -15 pips being OK". So where is it? Wherever you decide in retrospect the actual price action fitted within that amorphous band of assorted target levels.

"You know I dont like to scalp for less than 5 to 7 pips and 10 to 15 pips I might drop to 30% stakes and place a stop in profit". Again, precision is all, especially for the handful of pips you're typically trading for. These vague bands and ranges of bands are ambiguous in the extreme.

Totally disagree with you

They are ambiguous to non scalpers and newbies as not black or white

BUT - trading is not black and white - its more grey

You trade in the now scalping and you go with the flows

Its a knack I have developed that took many thousand of trades to get to an high level

So - any experienced scalper - like Dow Jones or other guys you might not like - ie Sir Gissachance or even Major Magnum can follow exactly my plan

Yes nit pickers can find fault with everything

But am I bothered - of course not :D

May I suggest you chose a couple of pairs you would like to trade this afternoon and I will assist and join in with you on calls etc

Its a knack I have developed that took many thousand of trades to get to an high level

So - any experienced scalper - like Dow Jones or other guys you might not like - ie Sir Gissachance or even Major Magnum can follow exactly my plan

You must think we're all totally stupid. Never a straight answer.

May I suggest you chose a couple of pairs you would like to trade this afternoon and I will assist and join in with you on calls etc

No thanks. Your idea of a live call and mine are quite different. Mine actually exist.

nzdcad probably about to stop out, but I'm out of here and the thread back on ignore.

I'd rather have two genuine live call losers (just got my wish) than 15,000 posts of highly dubious veracity.

No thanks. Your idea of a live call and mine are quite different. Mine actually exist.

nzdcad probably about to stop out, but I'm out of here and the thread back on ignore.

I'd rather have two genuine live call losers (just got my wish) than 15,000 posts of highly dubious veracity.

OK

I would love to assist you in learning how to trade my way

I really mean that

It would not happen in 1 month - but even after a month I would have you improved

After 3 months you would be well on your way

I will start with a free tip

On any interim highs or lows on a chart - ie where there is support - for every 30 mins they last with no breach - the stronger they are in that session

I have another 20 + tips I could tell you which you will not find out off any book or DVD - only traders who have done over 5000 hrs at the coalface would know them

You are welcome to take up my offer

we could start another thread etc if you want on it

Regards

F

Whilst i have been pratting about with silly NZD / CAD notice the EU from 12 30 pm to 1 00 pm did a lovely 27+ pip move up

Stop easy under 5 pips as as new interim low in a time window

and then 30 mins of price rise

Shame - but I am sure there will be plenty more

Last edited:

Hi All

Hope you dont mind me butting in, i can see both sides of the argument here.

Perhaps F , just for one day, or even a couple of hours you could post your actual trades.

That will draw an end to it, and i believe will also inspire others who are struggling to follow your calls, as there obviously is discretion involved when placing a trade whatever the indicators are saying.

As discretion leads to hesitation and hesitation can lead to loosing trades that should, or could have been winners some live calls for a period will i am sure help not hinder everyone involved with this thread.

Regards

Chalky

Hi All

Hope you dont mind me butting in, i can see both sides of the argument here.

Perhaps F , just for one day, or even a couple of hours you could post your actual trades.

That will draw an end to it, and i believe will also inspire others who are struggling to follow your calls, as there obviously is discretion involved when placing a trade whatever the indicators are saying.

As discretion leads to hesitation and hesitation can lead to loosing trades that should, or could have been winners some live calls for a period will i am sure help not hinder everyone involved with this thread.

Regards

Chalky

I am really hoping Sigma D will take up my offer

No better way that showing someone totally sceptical on my methods

And with regards to real live calls - no problem at all - will do some later today - but dont want to get in habit of being just a live call alert service

Status
Not open for further replies.