Index King In Da' House !

Hello Alfaman

Deal4free do permit both of these. Dow/Ftse has Monday 0700-Friday 2115. Dax and Cac trade from 8am-9pm Mon-Fri. Also Nikkei 225 is tradeable in the afternoons each day !

Regards
Hugo

Hi IK, i was wondering if you keep an eye on the markets during trades, just incase something turns for the worse, or do u trade completely blind and check trades EOD???

I always find myself checking constantly my profit and loss situation, coz at the moment im not working but im looking for work. So if i was at work all day would it be dangerous for me to let trades run without checking them??

Thanks alot IK, also i can only afford 50p stakes currently, but im consentrating on getting my bank higher so i can make some real money like you guys do!

The idea of pairs trading is that its a safer way of trading

IK's way of trading is only a partial hedge
so you need only check your positions infrequently

But there is still a risk involved

If all markets crashed down some 5% and you were long dow

you would be down some 250 points

if you wanted less risk you would need more of a pure hedge
ie. 2 on ftse and 1 on dow

but then thats a differnent game

Hello

It looks like people are falling into the common mistake that it is the Dow that makes us the money and not the Europeans. It was only a few trades ago that the Ftse made a big upward movement from something like 4170 to 4250 whilst at the same time we were selling the Dow which only moved sideways ! This trade is a few pages back I think but I remember it as I used it as a perfect example not to keep thinking of these trades in terms of the Dow producing profits.

Regards
Hugo

Best Spreadbet Comopany

Hugo,

In your experience which is the best spread bet firm to deal with, in order to follow your trades? Also how money does one need in order to follow these index king trades if one is using a spread bet firm?

regards,

Andrew

Hello Andrew

I use deal4dfree who are perfect for the system ! You need a min of £1000 to open an Spread account with them. There is a betting strategy on my site, which you should use in conjunction with whatever margins are required by your Spread firm.

Regards
Hugo

Thanks for the ultra speedy reply.

I will look defintely look into this as arbitrage trading is in my opinion better for ones long term coronary health!

Oh yes, and thanks for the generosity in posting your trades.
Generosity is one of the hallmarks of a true gentleman (IMO)

best regards,

Andrew

Hello Colin

Regarding your post that my trades are only a partial hedge, with any form of gambling you have to take some sort of risk. You cannotwin money for nothing !
If as you say the markets tanked unexpectedly by 5% then yes you would be down on the Dow BUT how much further down would you be if you didn't have the European hedge ?
Like all systems there is always risk, its the nature of the beast ! Some of these trades that I post will lose, that is a fact but the losses can be minimised with careful analysis, which is how I monitor all the trades. Stick with the IK system and you will do well. There are no shortcuts unfortunately.

Regards
Hugo

Thanks IK, im enjoying the trades u post im currently sticking with the DOW/CAC. So far ive done alright. :cheesy:
Im with finspreads at the moment and ive been trading cash prices which do not roll over, so i place bets every morning. :cry:

Ive just got my bank up so ive enuff to trade futures instead, will this be good enuff to capitalise on the full potential of this system? Or once ive got enuff money should i open a d4f account?

Im sure im losing some points over night as im losing out on overnight movement.

Anyway IK, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us all here, its much appriciated and its nice to know that there really is a profitable system that is being proven. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Your humble student Mug ;)

Reply to Mug2K

Hello Mug2K

Glad to hear your doing alright :cheesy: :cheesy: . Futures are fine as they should roll over each day, possible better to do monthlies rather than quarterlys though, however most of my trades are best done out of hours so if this is still a problem you should consider D4F.

Yes there are systems that work, but you have to follow them sometimes against your own judgement which is the difficult part. Also hanging on while losing is another factor :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Your post before about feeling doubtful buying the Dow as it was falling quite badly proved that the system saved you from a bear trap (against your own judgement !) :eek:
Anyway keep going and don't forget there are losers about on this too (although not many). ;) ;)

Regards
Hugo

Help

I am fairly new to Spread Trading....
IK - could you tell me where a thread is that I can find out about what you are doing/offering.
You sound very experienced and I would like to get on your boat!
Have you ever posted a thread that tells people exactly what to do with your tips?
thanks
P.Locke

Hello Phil

If you check out my site form the www link on my posts. I have highlighted the basics of spread trading. You need to understand the basics first! Then just follow the trades I post on my site so you get an understanding of how it works.

Regards
Hugo

Apologies For Late Updates Today

Hello

A day in the life of Hugo :?:

Large consignment of toiletries to book in. :cheesy:
Lunch was Quorn sandwiches with salad cream and watching the David Blaine stunt. :cool:
Another large consignment of toiletries to book in just before knock off time ! :cheesy:
Hence updates were a bit late ! :eek:

Regards
Hugo

Hello all,
Does anyone know the epic for the chart for the Dow on Advfn

Thanks
& keep up the excellent thread!

IK

I expect the double ration of toiletries came in handy as the FTSE soared and the Dow/FTSE can narrowed this morning - but then the Dow came charging to the rescue adding 60 points to my personal trade. Another fine day for the system.

Unfortunately I'm only in at 50p each way because I only had £600 in my account when I started the trade and with the Finspread futures margin of 500 on the Dow and 300 on the FTSE that was all I could afford.

What are D4F initial margins like ?

Alfaman

Hello Alfaman

Margin requirement for Dow is 100 and the Europeans are 50-100 (50 Ftse, 100 Dax) I'd ditch Fin Spreads as those margin levels are unreasonable.
If anyones interested I've updated the stats page to take into account Septembers win/loss rate.

Regards
Hugo

IK

Thanks - D4F here I come!

Alfaman

(PS those margins I quoted were December futures however)