Index King In Da' House !

Hi Bigsy

Yes the results are taken from the officially entry difference. Not within the 25 point point range. 25 points entry or reverse wouldn't dent the majority of profits anyway. Its just a guideline for people to get in or out for each trade.
Normally people get in at slightly more or less than the ideal difference anyway so the figures could be considered to be an average. The main point is the huge number of winners compared to losers.

Regards
IK

Hello

Just to let you know I am working on another pair trade to add to the collection ! It is the Ftse/Ibex. Backtesting has shown a little over 80% success rate over a year but the drawdowns are high ! I will be doing some work on this one to try and find a way round this. The wins are nearly always 3 figure amounts, so could be good.
In the meantime, I hope you're all enjoying my trades.

Reagrds
Hugo

hello ik
i am looking at trading the ftse/dow pairs ,you seem to have a good entry and exit system in place, can i confirm that the stake on the ftse will be twice the stake on the dow ie if £5 short on dow you would be £10 long on ftse, is this correct for your system

Hello Shogun
The bets must be EQUAL on each index. It is not always the Dow that corrects !

Regards
Hugo

Your trades are doing really well IK, ive been following the DOW/CAC trades, a nice treat! :cheesy: :cheesy:

I was wondering about 1 thing IK, now you have a few students following your trades and doing well, we are very interested in how you work out a trade, as this sysytem seems to be very very profitable aslong as the individual doesnt get greedy and only trades with small stakes until their bank grows. :D

Obviously 1 day, you might decide to stop telling us your trades and that will leave alot of dissapointed traders. :cry:

Hello Mug2k

Glad to see you're making some money. Yesterday was a real treat, even more so when the futures just kept going down after the close !
Please don't forget that there will be losers about so nobody should get carried away with it ! Stick to the betting strategy.
Thanks for the vote of confidence and your desire for my longevity ! I have only just put up my site and do intend to keep going until I'm a millionaire at least, so stop fretting. Should I need to go to Spain anytime I will be able to update as normal due to agreement drawn up with dolly bird.

Anyway good luck for this next trade

Regards
IK

Nice 1 IK, hopefully i can 2 be a millionaire! :)

Only need 2 gain about £999,650 lol !!!!!
But 2 be honest with you this target can be obtained over a long period of time aslong as we all build gradually.

Nice 2 know u got your dolly bird on board, maybe i'll get mine interested aswell. :cheesy: :cheesy:

Wild Stab in the Dark

I too am interested in the method here and very impresed with the service IK is providing us. I'm a little nervous this morning though having followed it for real for the first time, buying the Dow and selling the FTSE when I'm naturally bearish about the Dow right now and I don't like flying blind (not understanding the process).

Since Wideboys early post on this thread (thanks for your help by the way - I finally managed to download free EOD data for testing) I have been thinking about the method.

I've modelled reversing the position when the percentage difference of the FTSE and Dow (expressed as a %age of the Dow) varies by more than one standard deviation from the 28MA.

This seems to work quite well since 1998. For a £10 stake you seem to net £28k p.a. on average although this is pulled up by 1998/2000 and 2001 which were good years. I have accounted for the spread but not the bias and let losses run whereas in reality one would manually close out a bad loosing position and thus increase the profits. Over the 5 years the average was 12.3 points per day.

It at least gives me confidence that I understand the basis for IK's system.

Keep up the good work.

Alfaman

Good 1 Alfman, your studying this method with your own initiative. Im not sure what sb firms you guys are currently using but SB companies at the end of the day are bookies, so bias and unreasobable spreads are always going 2 b cause 4 concern.

Ive been told by a friend to stop trading through sb firms and trade through IB, this way we all will make that little bit more profit and be able to jump on trades 24hours a day.

Just a suggestion 4 u guys, coz we are all here to make as much money as possible. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

1 more thing everyone, i still cannot understand that afew of us miss trades and also dont know when a reversal has been executed. Its all on the site. :D

sorry mug did not see the reversal and looking back still cannot see the post to sell FTSE and BUY DOW must be looking past it

Re: Wild Stab in the Dark

I've modelled reversing the position when the percentage difference of the FTSE and Dow (expressed as a %age of the Dow) varies by more than one standard deviation from the 28MA.

This seems to work quite well since 1998. For a £10 stake you seem to net £28k p.a. on average although this is pulled up by 1998/2000 and 2001 which were good years. I have accounted for the spread but not the bias and let losses run whereas in reality one would manually close out a bad loosing position and thus increase the profits. Over the 5 years the average was 12.3 points per day.

A few points here Alfman,

What were your findings on max daily/cumulative drawdowns? I found them quite significant for some of the indices.

You mention the bias, with good reason. When the Dow has moved significantly over a session you will find it impossible to get on at the desired difference, as the spread will have moved against you. Even if you wait till the next day it is likely that you will still not be able to get on.

At what point do you close out a losing position? There is no real way you can be sure, the position might reverse and become profitable, who is to say? You will end up trading the individual indices. You might as well trade the Dow on it's own.

Glad to see we are getting a bit more open debate on this strategy.

dbt

IK

1/ on your statistics page which is your latest trade, at the top or the bottom of the page ?

2/ Do you have a profit target, i saw 100 point profit on the Ftse/Dow yesterday so i took it, only to see another 100 point profit if i had held ?

cheers

Hello
The latest trades are at the bottom of the stats page. Earliest is top.
Its up to you when you take any profits Colin, I'm just posting the system trades as they come out ! The latest reversal does look iffy with the Dow very shaky, but this system was designed to overcome the need to think or watch screens and listen to news all day. People who follow these trades must acept the losses as well as the wins by following just ONE PAIR all the time. It is dangerous to chop and change or put all your money on.
Remember also that indices don't arrive at their destination in a straight line. If the Dow is to sink then it will have lots of up and downs in the process, which the system will catch.
Regards
IK