Improvements to the Website

All i need is the market chat thread where ever it might be.

If anyone else can't find threads, just use the Search facility at the top of the page. And if you think anything is in the wrong home, let us know! We've moved loads and loads of threads and it is quite probable that we've cocked up on one or two ... For 'we' read 'I'.

Hi dsmondi,

As skim says, we've moved them all into the indices forum so it should make it a lot easier to browse through them.

Glad you like what we're doing with the site, I've had a lot of positive comments. But I'm to all opinions, so if you're unhappy about the new structure, air your views too. I'm hoping to condese a few more boards, but I think overall slitting the forums up in this way makes it a whole lot easier to browse through the substantial threads over build up over the past 2 years.

Cheers
Sharky.

I can't find anything.

Gawd.. why can't people just leave things the way they are ?

It's like everything in life - I have never ever known anything to be 'improved' for the better....

rant rant rant.

JEEZ - I can't find ANYTHING !

What are you lot doing ??

do you really want to drive people away ?

A pig's ear, far too many sections now, what a mess.

I challenge anyone to find familiar boards.

lol Morris¸ I felt the same¸ but the majority thought it'd be better so we got to give them chance to prove it :)

Riz

Well, the life I have led so far has told me one thing ...

that the majority is ALWAYS wrong.

Hallo to all T2W members,
Thought it was time to come out of the woodwork, so to speak, I have been reading all your posts since November and I would like to thank all active posters, as the knowledge and experience passed on by all of you is a great help to a newcomer to trading like myself. I have not posted before, being a novice I haven't anything constructive to add. Again, many thanks, it's a great board.

Regards

David

hi David

Welcome to T2W, and congratulations on your first post.

Most people think they have little to add to the board because they are new, but this just isn't true - every contribution (no matter how great or small) is valid and adds life to T2W.

The majority of new members appear to be new traders, and so their posts will certainly be useful to others who are at the same stage in their trading career.

So, roll up, roll up! Keep posting! :D

Is there any way to change the postcode put into the trade locator? I put my old postcode in, but now want to change to another one.

Hi Fish,

It's great to see so many people making use of the Trader Locator tool - there's some 328 members currently registered with it, and 8 members who live in my home town of Harrow - North West London.

As regards changing your postcode, at the current time there is no facility with which to do this. But I shall certainly add it to my to-do list, so thanks very much for the suggestion. In the meantime if you'd care to email me at [email protected] with your new postcode, I can update it manually for you.

All the best,
Paul.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you all for a great site. Have finally made the move over here from TMF having seen many references to this site from the usual suspects on CTS.

Am still getting to grips with the site, have just discovered my control panel which I really like - it has a nice view of all the forums I have subscribed to, and is a good starting point - though it doesn't seem easy to get there from the main page without first going to my profile ? Also, after looking up someones profile I am often returned to the home page instead of my control panel, its not a major hassle as I can go back a few times.

I hope to start contributing to the forums soon !

Thanks

Mac

theknifemac - welcome to T2W, and it's nice to have you aboard.

A quick way to return to the home page is to click on the big red T2W logo at the top left of every page. There's also a 'Home' link at the bottom of every page, although most peeps dont' scroll down that far.

LETS SUPPORT THE SITE!

I have read all the comments about improving trade2win, in the above posts, however I wonder how many of the 3200 plus contributors have actually put their hands in their pockets to assist. :cry: Very few, although it costs a fair amount of wallop to keep a good website running, I have a small website and forum running for beginners, but nothing compared to this facility. The time and effort that goes in 7 days a week to support all users must be immense. ;) Don't get embarassed Paul :eek:
I know that one of this sites aims is to remain independent and loyal to its users. They must surely be approached by bigger interest soon. I like to see it remain as it is with improvements. And I would like to see it grow from strength to strength.
I can foresee this site being the Pivot Point of UK traders. :idea: So let’s give Paul Gould some really meaningful support!
I know if Paul made a direct appeal (which he would not) it would be seen by some as turning the site into a commercial venture instead of the free site it is.
So I am starting a one man campaign to get you all to contribute something to help make this site grow :cool: . So lets put a miserly £5 or £10 in the post to Paul or Send him a similar amount to him through www.paypal.com or by postal order or cheque to his address , it must be on the site somewhere? :!:
Now I know that the majority of users will keep there money in their pockets :devilish: because it takes EFFORT to actually do it! And yet they will still pick up many money saving tips through all the helpful contributors to the site – But that’s life. There will always be Freeloaders! :devilish:
OK Its up to you and remember not just a one off :| send him a small voluntary donation once a year. Cash is best (he won’t have to declare it!
Paul – Why not put a link to this post on the Front page?
PS. Anybody who books on to my beginners workshops “and mentions trade2win when booking” will know that £50 of the £379 fee is winging its way to Paul :-0
OK Action – over to you!
John B
www.spreadsbetting.co.uk

Attachments

• trade2win3.jpg
    trade2win3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 460
Hi John,

This is the best UK trading site so would back your view if that is what it takes.

JonnyT

Skimbleshanks

I was meaning an easy way to get back to my control panel, as this gives me a view of all the forums I am interested in. On a related note, the only way I can get a forum to go "read" is to mark the forum as read, but I was expecting that to happen after I had viewed all new posts but this doesn't seem to happen.

Just minor grumbles

Mac

I'm afraid you've lost me there Mac - what do you mean by your control panel? Do you mean the list of forums, which you get to by clicking Trade2Win Boards at the top left of this page?