improvement

greenscorpio

hi folks, Ive been practising on demo for about 8 months now.They has been some progression over time.Along the journey i been watching and reading abit about tec analysis ect . This i thought made vast improvements , now its seems im going backwards again, i guess this is natural and common when of "going through the motions". Has anybody got any advice where one can improve performance.

Keep a detailed record of your trades. When you make a mistake go back and assess why that happened, then aim to avoid the same mistake in the future.

plateauing or even regressing in trading journeys is not uncommon as in any endeavour.......

to regain ground you have to dig deep and review everything...use others if needed to assist .......again even the very best in any field need coaches and mentors to keep them at their best

also just some advice .........have the market dynamics been consistent with your previous history ? ........when i've worked with others on their Forex trading I am able to assess where sessions are just bad markets conditions (and therefore should improve) vs their inferior trading in ok market conditions (which we work on improving) ........

N

plateauing or even regressing in trading journeys is not uncommon as in any endeavour.......

to regain ground you have to dig deep and review everything...use others if needed to assist .......again even the very best in any field need coaches and mentors to keep them at their best

also just some advice .........have the market dynamics been consistent with your previous history ? ........when i've worked with others on their Forex trading I am able to assess where sessions are just bad markets conditions (and therefore should improve) vs their inferior trading in ok market conditions (which we work on improving) ........

N

Thank you for your advice ive probably complicated things by dipping my toe into too many instruments .ie ive realised how volatile some of the energy shares for example oil,Also tested USA and UK shares. Ive done abit of research regarding times when the markets have most momentum coming from a UK stance.Because ive taken alot of "advice" from you tube(trying to find valid advice), you get different slants on issues. Im still not clear what time frame to use regarding the candle stick charts.I was using day charts for a more overall picture how the instrument has performed and say 30 mins and 15 for entry. I now heard 4 hour time frame is seen as more accurate guid

Keep a detailed record of your trades. When you make a mistake go back and assess why that happened, then aim to avoid the same mistake in the future.

yes thank for that information, i think i have to be more selective what trade i choose to open, though as a novice ive gone with the mindset that a mistake especially paper trading /demo is also knowlegde