IB & Sierra

gkareer

I have just purchased sierra & want to run it with IB's feed, I have set TWS to 'enable ActiveX & socket clients' & made sure socket port is '7496'. Also set data source settings on sierra to server 'IB' as per instructions on Help.

But i cannot seem to bring up a chart

i tried YM-200209-ACE

Message appeared 'intraday download COMPLETE for YM-200209-ACE' but no chart just blank page.

i don't now where to go from here, please can someone help!!

thanks

sonny

Just a thought - have you left that chart window open a couple of minutes? YM trades veeery slowly at this time of day, and therefore it's quite possible you'll need to wait a while for some trades to go through and therefore start the chart going.

Also, did you really enter "YM-200209-ACE", or did you mean to say YM-200309-ACE", coz that would make a big difference! :)

H.

Left chart open for 5 mins or so but still no luck, however when i tried INDU-I-NYSE.. it's displayed chart !! although but no data becuase market is closed. Have also tried ES-200209-GLOBEX but not displaying that either..

I can't get a chart for INDU. YM yes,INDU no. I've only now been able to get the Liffe chart - I lost YM and Liffe on Thursday and got "no security definition exists for this request" YM came back later but its taken until today to get Liffe! I have YM and INDU running side-by-side on TWS but can't get a chart for INDU -- could this be because it automatically halves their commissions!?

SierraChart documentation says the symbol is INDU-I-NYSE - I just tried it from the TWS demo account and it works fine here.

H.

Anyone using sierra, please could you tell me how i simply save a chart at the end of the day with MA,RSI & CCI etc, & then just open it again to find all the info i saved...i find i save a chart then try to re-open it & it's not there, or sometimes it's there but without any indicators!!

thanks

sonny

Easy peezy.

Start a new chartbook, open a chart add any indicators etc, save the chartbook.

Voila there's one you created earlier. Just open the Chartbook.

PS you can have many many charts within a Chartbook.

JonnyT

How are you getting on? Just a thought, when you press the button to activate the data input from IB, you have to go back to IB's TWS board where a box appears asking if you give permission for IB to transmit that data. You have to press "Si" for that. You are doing that, I suppose?

Split

I think you're talking to me?I press the button -- everything else works (now) but no ES.I honestly think I've been hacked but I phoned up pcworld software support and they couldn't help. The trendmicro scan was also negative.

If you think you've been got, go to PCpitstop
http://www.pcpitstop.com/
and register. Go to the Forum "User help". They will tell you to post a test and run all sorts of programmes to detect hacks and viruses etc. They are really helpful.

Good luck.

jonnyy40 said:
I think you're talking to me?I press the button -- everything else works (now) but no ES.I honestly think I've been hacked but I phoned up pcworld software support and they couldn't help. The trendmicro scan was also negative.

That was the only brilliant idea that I had! Sorry I can't help more.

Luck Split