IB -Java HELP

oatman

2,879 22
I've had problems logging in to TWS and thought :rolleyes: the best thing would be to uninstall java and download afresh. I've downloaded to desktop and now unable to install. I'm getting Windows Installer message: This installation could not be opened. Verify that the package exists blah...
On the Java 2 Runtime installer I get Error 1311. Source file not found. It's a .cab and says verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Ideas please?

boy

Established member
552 3
Oaty:

You should also consider emailing IB Tech Dept, they were very helpfull for me.

oatman

2,879 22
Thanks Jonny and Boy.
I'm trying the download now. Everything's on go slow this morning. More boots than a cobbler. :cheesy:

oatman

2,879 22
Java Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings.
Be back soon...........

JonnyT

2,560 22
osho,

You need to update your Java to the latest edition from java.sun.com

This fixes the SSL problem as it looks like IB wrote the latest TWS with the latest Java enhancements

JonnyT

oatman

2,879 22
For error 1311, Java say download the offline installation package, so I'm trying that now. Yawn 14.5MB at 64K.

oatman

2,879 22
Got there in the end. The download didn't have resume, kept losing the connection. Reconfigured the internet, got another download manager and finally everything's done. :cheesy:
Thanks for your help.

oatman

2,879 22
I've just had the same problem again. I followed Jonny's advice and I'm up and running.
Does anyone else get these problems? It was running OK up until this morning when I tried to log in.
I haven't changed any settings. Any ideas please?

bbmac

Veteren member
3,584 788
I have a similar problem in that the dealing platform with igindex.co.uk won't populate because I am running the java runtime environment 1.4.1 for a charting package. (stategem charts)

bbmac

oatman

2,879 22
I've emailed support. We'll wait and see. I had the same prob this AM. A few reboots got me in. I can't think of anything I've changed, that's the annoying thing. My error was
Login failed-java.net.UnknownHostException:gw4.Ibllc.com.
I'm trying searches now.
Good luck

ps. bet JonnyT knows

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock