IB -Java HELP

oatman

I've had problems logging in to TWS and thought :rolleyes: the best thing would be to uninstall java and download afresh. I've downloaded to desktop and now unable to install. I'm getting Windows Installer message: This installation could not be opened. Verify that the package exists blah...
On the Java 2 Runtime installer I get Error 1311. Source file not found. It's a .cab and says verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Ideas please?

Hi Oatman,

1) Uninstall the Java runtime

2) Uninstall TWS

3) Restart your machine

4) Update your java from http://java.sun.com

5) Download and install the latest TWS

HTH

JonnyT

Oaty:

You should also consider emailing IB Tech Dept, they were very helpfull for me.

Thanks Jonny and Boy.
I'm trying the download now. Everything's on go slow this morning. More boots than a cobbler. :cheesy:

Java Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection proxy settings.
Be back soon...........

Recently I can only log inti IB if I untick SSL box, I have sent a query to tech dept

osho,

You need to update your Java to the latest edition from java.sun.com

This fixes the SSL problem as it looks like IB wrote the latest TWS with the latest Java enhancements

JonnyT

For error 1311, Java say download the offline installation package, so I'm trying that now. Yawn 14.5MB at 64K.

Got there in the end. The download didn't have resume, kept losing the connection. Reconfigured the internet, got another download manager and finally everything's done. :cheesy:
Thanks for your help.

I've just had the same problem again. I followed Jonny's advice and I'm up and running.
Does anyone else get these problems? It was running OK up until this morning when I tried to log in.
I haven't changed any settings. Any ideas please?

I have a similar problem in that the dealing platform with igindex.co.uk won't populate because I am running the java runtime environment 1.4.1 for a charting package. (stategem charts)

bbmac

I've emailed support. We'll wait and see. I had the same prob this AM. A few reboots got me in. I can't think of anything I've changed, that's the annoying thing. My error was
Login failed-java.net.UnknownHostException:gw4.Ibllc.com.
I'm trying searches now.
Good luck

ps. bet JonnyT knows

Just to update, I received this from IB support:

"This indicates that your ISP is losing the DNS entry for gw4.ibllc.com.
If rebooting helps, it's probably the computer's DNS information that's getting
lost. Have your ISP check your DNS settings on this machine; there may be
a configuration change that could help you."

I found and deleted a minor Trojan at the weekend. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. I logged in OK this morning. My IP support gave me DNS addresses rather than Auto find. He said it might save a couple of seconds but probably was not the cause.

Had the same problem again this morning. Multiple reboots no good. I downloaded TWS standalone on my networked machine and it opened OK. Now I've opened it OK on the usual one. Settings have all changed :( At least I'm running now.
Any ideas please?

When it happens again you can prove whether its DNS or not.

Try an nslookup gw4.ibllc.com from a DOS box. If it doesn't resolve then its DNS.

You could always add 152.71.0.1 to your DNS Server list ;o)

JonnyT

I'm assuming you are not on dial-up

In the TCP/IP properties: Use the following DNS Servers...

JonnyT