IB Demo

kent

Morning all!

I`ve been trying to download the IB Demo, but not having any success. The instructions say Java is reqd. so press the Java download button and a Java page appears, a few seconds later a "box" appears , titled" Server Problem-Java(TM) Installer."...
the server, while acting as a gateway or proxy, received an invalid response from the upstream server it accessed in attempting to fulfill the request... with just an "OK" button to press, and then all departs.
If the Download Demo button is pressed, a "sort-of" window appears, blue bar across top, but no "file,edit" etc. and it is blank and does not fill.

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem would be most welcome.

Thanks

Ken. T.

Just tried it for myself, Kent, with the same result from the "click here" symbol (the one that takes you to Sun's homepage).

However, I've then clicked on the "Test the IB TWS Demo" button, and an installer has come up automatically and downloaded onto my system fine (5.3Mb file, though), so you might want to try that.

Otherwise, try IB themselves at

mailto:[email protected]

Cheers,
RR

Actually just re-read your post and it looks like you've already tried this, so sorry if I've dragged you back here for no reason... :rolleyes:

Rossored / Trader 333

Many thanks for your help, Joining/ trying to give IB. some cash ain`t easy!!!!

Regards

Ken. T.