I have found the Holy Grail indicator for the Dow Jones - 100% right so far

Closing price of the Dow Jones on Wednesday the 7th September 2022.

SmartSelect_20220907_210246_Finance.jpg

This is my MVMF indicator. As you can see it looks like the blue line is about to cross zero to the upside. The indicator is reading -7.85. This is a "BUY" signal which means that the DOW could be about to make a move to the upside in the short to mid-term. Be aware that because the blue line has not quite crossed the zero line it could still fall to the downside.

SmartSelect_20220907_210436.jpg

Last edited:
I would not have even been looking for this easy 50 pts if you had not posted!!!
Check out the spreadsheet I sent you and you see the value even more now.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER

Attachments

• US30M1 start.png
    US30M1 start.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 37
Batsonar, I wanted to read the whole thread, but I see that the video in the 1st post has disappeared. What happened to it? Is it no longer relevant?

Batsonar, I wanted to read the whole thread, but I see that the video in the 1st post has disappeared. What happened to it? Is it no longer relevant?
No the video wasn't relevant anymore. I use different indicators now to the one in the video so I thought it best that I delete the video. I have come along way in trading since that video was posted.

Last edited:
The "BUY" signal I gave yesterday turned out to be correct and the DOW Jones went up by 192 points today.

This is my Selling Buying Volume Oscillator. As can see there has been a sharp increase in buyIng volume today and the indicator is about to cross the zero level back into the "GREEN" (positive volume). This could mean that the DOW is about to make a move to the upside in the short to mid-term.

SmartSelect_20220908_210750.jpg

Last edited:
This is my EzAlgo indicator. If you look at the chart below you will see a blue X just under the last candle. This is called a mild "BUY" signal on EzAlgo. These signals are not always right but they are useful. This means that the DOW could be about to make a move to the upside in the short to mid-term.

SmartSelect_20220908_201534_Samsung Internet.jpg

The indicators I am using have a win rate of as high as 78%. That means I should be 78% accurate in predicting the next day or so, move on the DOW Jones.

Last edited:
I have just been experimenting with another indicator from the platform I use. I call it my "BATSONAR" indicator. There is no lag on the indicator and it also doesn't repaint. I just back tested it from the 24th March 2020. There were a total of 164 trades. I had 134 winning trades against 30 losing trades. This means that this strategy has a win rate of 81.7% which is extremely high. This means I should be accurate 81% of the time in predicting the next day or so, move on the DOW. I only trade at the end of the trading day on the DOW. This indicator is about as Holy Grail as you are going to get.

Last edited:
I have just been experimenting with another indicator from the platform I use. I call it my "BATSONAR" indicator. There is no lag on the indicator and it also doesn't repaint. I just back tested it from the 24th March 2020. There were a total of 164 trades. I had 134 winning trades against 30 losing trades. This means that this strategy has a win rate of 81.7% which is extremely high. This means I should be accurate 81% of the time in predicting the next day or so, move on the DOW. I only trade at the end of the trading day on the DOW. This indicator is about as Holy Grail as you are going to get.
Sure but is it profitable. That sort of thing works better with options

Last edited:
Sure but is it profitable. That sort of thing works better with options
Yes the back testing was profitable. Some really big moves on the US some days. What platform do you recommend for options trading. What company can I use? I trade CFD's at the moment.

Yes the back testing was profitable. Some really big moves on the US some days. What platform do you recommend for options trading. What company can I use? I trade CFD's at the moment.
If you want to spread bet, then IG porbably best for daily options

If you want to spread bet, then IG porbably best for daily options
you need to backtest with targets and stops. The 81% figure includes days when the market goes against you before coming back so it is very missleading. If you are using options then the % value of the spreads is bigger but ofcourse you would make a profit on 81% of the trades

you need to backtest with targets and stops. The 81% figure includes days when the market goes against you before coming back so it is very missleading. If you are using options then the % value of the spreads is bigger but ofcourse you would make a profit on 81% of the trades
I don't use targets as such. I wait till the end of the trading day or the next few days to close a trade depending on what the indicator is showing. Sometimes I close intraday if I'm in profit. The 81% win rate were profitable trades on the next trading day or so. As regards a stop loss to you need to be generous to take into a account the days fluctuations. To tight a stop loss and you are most likely going to be stopped out. I have been thinking is it even worth using a stop loss and just take the loss at the end of the trading day. My system would still have been profitable.

Last edited:
No the video wasn't relevant anymore. I use different indicators now to the one in the video so I though it best that I delete the video. I have comes along way in trading since that video was posted.
I see.. What posts should I start reading from in order to catch up with your new trading ways?

I see.. What posts should I start reading from in order to catch up with your new trading ways?
About the last 2 pages. I have only really just started with the new indicator I am using. The buy and sell signals previously were a bit hit and miss but the signals I give from now on should be more accurate.

About the last 2 pages. I have only really just started with the new indicator I am using. The buy and sell signals previously were a bit hit and miss but the signals I give from now on should be more accurate.
Great! Will try and keep up. I've always wanted to learn how to trade the indices.