Best Thread How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Some stocks chop around then start trending, in which case they are also good candidates for the method in this thread. They don't have to trend right from the open.

I picked up on ALKS pre-market because of the news story and also it had gapped in pre-market trading. I alerted my own people elsewhere on the web 10 minutes before market open.
My first trade in ALKS was using one of the different set-ups I use (not in this thread) and produced +36c per share.
The second trade in ALKS was using the set up in this thread and produced a profit of 67c per share and here is the chart. Pointer at time of entry, image at time of exit as always.
A nice relaxing slow trade.

As I've said before, try paper trading this method 100 times before you use it for real to make sure you have confidence in it. Always remember the exit method which limits the loss size of the trades that don't work.

All my winners and losers are on my blog. You can find it by googling my real name.
I don't need to hide behind the cover of anonymity :LOL:

Why do you not let "your people" talk to each other?

From the information you've posted on your site since late jan i notice that you haven't had a net losing day? Find that very hard to believe. Once again I don't see any of your members endorsing these trades that you post "in advance".

From the information you've posted on your site since late jan i notice that you haven't had a net losing day? Find that very hard to believe. Once again I don't see any of your members endorsing these trades that you post "in advance".

Are you suggesting that mr charts is taking part in intentional deception for personal gain? If so where is the evidence? At present there is no grassy knoll or magic bullet. Behead mr charts!

Great trade Mr Charts! Please post more.

As you're such a huge fan of MC why don't you subscribe to his site or take one of his 1-2-1s. By doing that you wouldn't have to put up with the "distractions" on this forum.
Looks like an easy way to make money after all-never has a net losing day don't you know.

As a novice ex-trader of US stocks I was interested in Mr. Charts methods. Based on his most recent chart alone I felt it was worth investing the time to read the entire thread. I’m glad I did. Not all of it crosses over for any immediate implementation into trading my current instruments of choice (equally novice spot FX) but there are significant insights and perspectives which I suggest you will unlikely have found in any trading book. His use of really quite small timeframes to gauge the exit is something that fits nicely into a current area of research I am undertaking into the asymmetric nature of entries and exits. For that insight alone it has been worth the read. To get all this information for free from an experienced trader is exceptional. Thanks Mr. Charts.

As you're such a huge fan of MC why don't you subscribe to his site or take one of his 1-2-1s. By doing that you wouldn't have to put up with the "distractions" on this forum.
Looks like an easy way to make money after all-never has a net losing day don't you know.

LOL - another post one of from T2Ws leading demographics - "the frustrated net loser who needs to vent his angst against those evil vendors who are surely the cause of their losses."

As an FYI - Mr Cs methods are not unique and he's not the only person doing this.

I know a gentleman that trades hedge fund money this way. He has 4 researchers finding the stocks in play and he can easily have 30 positions on at a time. Admittedly he's only 32 and has a photographic memory, so he does trade a lot more positions than Mr C.

They do have net losing days but then they also have days where they make over $100k. Then again,they are trading an account with 10's of millions of dollars in it.

Personally Mik73, as it's your 40th this year - I'd grow the fk up and start buckling down and focus on what you are doing, not throwing toys out of your pram and hoping one hits a vendor in the face.

The fact is that this method of trading is not uncommon and whether you make money from it is down to YOU and not down to the person that tells you the ins and outs of it. Go and read the book "One Good Trade" by one of the founders of SMB Capital, you'll see they do the same thing.

Just goes to show that you should never make assumptions- I reached that age a number of years ago.
My advice to you sort your f'kn life out and don't make assumptions.

LOL - another post one of from T2Ws leading demographics - "the frustrated net loser who needs to vent his angst against those evil vendors who are surely the cause of their losses."

As an FYI - Mr Cs methods are not unique and he's not the only person doing this.

I know a gentleman that trades hedge fund money this way. He has 4 researchers finding the stocks in play and he can easily have 30 positions on at a time. Admittedly he's only 32 and has a photographic memory, so he does trade a lot more positions than Mr C.

They do have net losing days but then they also have days where they make over $100k. Then again,they are trading an account with 10's of millions of dollars in it.

Personally Mik73, as it's your 40th this year - I'd grow the fk up and start buckling down and focus on what you are doing, not throwing toys out of your pram and hoping one hits a vendor in the face.

The fact is that this method of trading is not uncommon and whether you make money from it is down to YOU and not down to the person that tells you the ins and outs of it. Go and read the book "One Good Trade" by one of the founders of SMB Capital, you'll see they do the same thing.

Well you shouldn't be surprised from mike's replies , it is expected when the vendor posts after the event calls for years , which is meaningless !

Something smells about your post here DT.
He has 4 researchers? All salaried I assume? Yet only makes, on a good day, $100k ? Come on. Do the math. That aint gonna pay.

The term "hedge fund" is used very very loosely these days. Is it Grandma Long Stockings money?

Just goes to show that you should never make assumptions- I reached that age a number of years ago.
My advice to you sort your f'kn life out and don't make assumptions.

Assumptions. Well -you assume MC didn't post losing trades. If you really had read the posts you would find that he had addressed the issue ( which had arisen at other times in the past) by posting some losing trades.But you have to agree that one would have to be stupid to believe someone has 100% success in ones' trades, and their is no evidence that he claims such success.Therefore, realising this, the astute student would dissect the trades shown as winners and then try to replicate same, noting the percentage of losers along the way. Having done this one would be in a better position to make a reasoned comment.

Neil

Please read my posts in their entirety. Trust me I have a spreadsheet of Mc trades from January and can verify that he does post losing trades. My issue is that I find it hard to believe that he hasn't had a net losing day. His record runs at roughly 8 trades a day and makes around 20c per share (which also factors in his losers). Don't know what size he trades but that is some performance. As for win loss ration-it is approx 75 percent. Again all very impressive. I know i keep on repeating myself but all I am asking for is some evidence. Every trade posted on here is based on hindsight. Everyone of us could post charts of entries and exits based on historical charts- but at the end of the day it means nothing without EVIDENCE.

Well you shouldn't be surprised from mike's replies , it is expected when the vendor posts after the event calls for years , which is meaningless !

As a Mod one assumes your assertion that his posts are "meaningless" is based on research, or other publishable evidence, rather than some form of prejudice on your part. Nonetheless, perhaps you could expand upon your assertion that his posts are "meaningless?"
One would have thought that looking closely at his trades and reading closely what he's written, one could learn a lot (free of charge) about approaching a trade.
No, I never took his course; but there are many scammers who have passed through T2W yet MC is still here, as is DT. Neither offer "Holy Grails" nor false promises of success for all. Whether someone gives you pointers or not, to succeed in trading you have to work hard, sort your head out and get on with it and complete your own puzzle with pieces taken from many sources.
So to say the posts of MC are "meaningless" merely shows the shallowness of your research and ignorance of other aspects of his approach that have clearly passed you by.
As a MOD you should be careful about you use of assertive language since it could (innocently on your part) give the reader the impression that you are qualified to make judgemental comment upon others.

As a Mod one assumes your assertion that his posts are "meaningless" is based on research, or other publishable evidence, rather than some form of prejudice on your part. Nonetheless, perhaps you could expand upon your assertion that his posts are "meaningless?"
One would have thought that looking closely at his trades and reading closely what he's written, one could learn a lot (free of charge) about approaching a trade.
No, I never took his course; but there are many scammers who have passed through T2W yet MC is still here, as is DT. Neither offer "Holy Grails" nor false promises of success for all. Whether someone gives you pointers or not, to succeed in trading you have to work hard, sort your head out and get on with it and complete your own puzzle with pieces taken from many sources.
So to say the posts of MC are "meaningless" merely shows the shallowness of your research and ignorance of other aspects of his approach that have clearly passed you by.
As a MOD you should be careful about you use of assertive language since it could (innocently on your part) give the reader the impression that you are qualified to make judgemental comment upon others.

Not sure why you always jump to the defense of Mr Charts. We are all well versed in the pros and cons of "trading" - what works for one, wont work for another, bla di bla di bla.

What I think tar's point was, was that the hindsight "here's my trade" posts are meaningless in that they dont help the reader. It's just another glorious moment for mr charts and his never ending stream of perfect trades performed miraculously all by himself by "this method, not the other method (please pay me) in my private room (that you can pay for), notified in advance (but only as a 4 letter code, i may or may not actually trade it and if i do, i'll tell you after the fact)"

And yet still, none of "his people" post other trades of equal majestic beauty.

He has lasted a long time. Agree. But so have a lot of people before being uncovered and shown for the scam they are. I'm sure I dont need to name them.

Last edited:
[/color]
not sure why you always jump to the defense of mr charts.we are all well versed in the pros and cons of "trading"[/color] - what works for one, wont work for another, bla di bla di bla.
assumption again !

what i think tar's point was, was that the hindsight "here's my trade" posts are meaningless in that they dont help the reader. It's just another glorious moment for mr charts and his never ending stream of perfect trades performed miraculously all by himself by "this method, not the other method
more assumption(please pay me) in my private room (that you can pay for), notified in advance (but only as a 4 letter code, i may or may not actually trade it and if i do, i'll tell you after the fact)"

and yet still, none of "his people" post other trades or equal majestic beauty. I wonder why?
because they are content ?
:)

I am sorry but i am not a mod anymore .

I didn't say his posts are meaningless , never , nor i have a problem with his method , all i said is if a vendor not necessarily Mr.charts , keeps posting setups after the event for years , that's meaningless ! It means nothing , that's the industry standards , trading in a hindsight can be done by anyone and it serves no purpose . However i agree Mr.charts is not entitled to anyone to give free live calls , fair enough , but certainly in that case he should expect and accept some constructive criticism and i am sure he does .

Something smells about your post here DT.
He has 4 researchers? All salaried I assume? Yet only makes, on a good day, $100k ? Come on. Do the math. That aint gonna pay.

The term "hedge fund" is used very very loosely these days. Is it Grandma Long Stockings money?

Errr.. yes - 4 salaried employees.

As you are outright calling me a liar - how about you do the math. $100k profit on a good day and he can't afford to pay 4 researchers? :LOL:

As for the term hedge fund being used loosely - it has ALWAYS been used loosely - that is the whole purpose of a hedge fund.:rolleyes: The single defining feature of a hedge fund is that they can do what they want. It is an instrument that sits outside of normal fund regulation. You can't define a hedge fund because by definition it is "everything else" and that is why they are considered higher risk vehicles and intended for higher net-worth individuals.

As you are in need of an education, let me tell you how it works. There are some hedge funds that effectively loan traders money. Not us retail traders but traders like this with a proper track record in a leading institution. The fund loans the money and takes a split of the profits. If there are no profits, the fund charges interest on the money.

Now - I know you wont believe this either but when a friend of mine left the team, the fund approached him to seed him to see how he got on solo. At the point they did this, he had not placed a single trade in his entire life. He'd just spent a few years working for a guy whose success is well known. They started him off with $100k. He put it into an MFG account and 3 days later it went tits up and that was the end of that.

So - whilst most of us think that funding is something is as likely as becoming the next Elvis. there's a flip side where there is money desperately looking to get thrown at someone in the hope some of it sticks.

What is it with you and Timsk?

Yesterday you were both implying that stupidity is a pre-requisite for posting quality content on here and now you poke at Mr C and Timsk backs you up.

What's the story? A disgruntled ex-mod and a current staff member taking pokes at the contributors to the forum.

Hasn't one of you given up on trading altogether?

This is a trading forum - someone is posting trades - how about the pair of you wind your necks in OR contribute something positive?

Yesterday you were both implying that stupidity is a pre-requisite for posting quality content on here and now you poke at Mr C and Timsk backs you up.

What's the story? A disgruntled ex-mod and a current staff member taking pokes at the contributors to the forum.

Hasn't one of you given up on trading altogether?

This is a trading forum - someone is posting trades - how about the pair of you wind your necks in OR contribute something positive?

Anyone with an average IQ would've picked up what i was trying to say on the other thread : certainly writing trading books isn't indicative of one's profitability .

Re this thread : I tell you what go to any reputable hedge fund and show them a 5 years unverified trading record "paper trades" and tell us what's their reaction .

BTW Tim didn't back me up here , he was communicating and replying .

Errr.. yes - 4 salaried employees.

As you are outright calling me a liar - how about you do the math. $100k profit on a good day and he can't afford to pay 4 researchers? :LOL:

As for the term hedge fund being used loosely - it has ALWAYS been used loosely - that is the whole purpose of a hedge fund.:rolleyes: The single defining feature of a hedge fund is that they can do what they want. It is an instrument that sits outside of normal fund regulation. You can't define a hedge fund because by definition it is "everything else" and that is why they are considered higher risk vehicles and intended for higher net-worth individuals.

As you are in need of an education, let me tell you how it works. There are some hedge funds that effectively loan traders money. Not us retail traders but traders like this with a proper track record in a leading institution. The fund loans the money and takes a split of the profits. If there are no profits, the fund charges interest on the money.

Now - I know you wont believe this either but when a friend of mine left the team, the fund approached him to seed him to see how he got on solo. At the point they did this, he had not placed a single trade in his entire life. He'd just spent a few years working for a guy whose success is well known. They started him off with $100k. He put it into an MFG account and 3 days later it went tits up and that was the end of that.

So - whilst most of us think that funding is something is as likely as becoming the next Elvis. there's a flip side where there is money desperately looking to get thrown at someone in the hope some of it sticks.

$100k a day at best so $10k a day on average may cut the mustard in Thailand but not in the western world.

Your vendor business may be going well but these kinds of posts could really put people off buying your products. How's that for some education? Or cant you hear me up on your high horse?

But anyway, you have gone massively off topic above so I'll leave it there.

DT,
I implied no such thing and made my position crystal clear in this post of the Member Status thread. You got the wrong end of the stick - simple as that. As you appear to be struggling to take on board the intention behind my post - allow me to re-state it one more time. Hopefully for the last time . . .

The quality of written english in a post does not indicate the extent of the trading knowledge and experience of the author. Some very knowledgable and experienced traders can write very poorly, while some newbies who don't know the difference between bid and ask can write very well. There really isn't anything in the least bit contentious about that.

As for backing up tar having a poke at Mr.C' - what on earth are you on about? Again, I've done no such thing.
Tim.

Last edited: