How To Make Big Money

no i have not made any fortunes in the daytrading arena, I guess something is wrong with me then. i have made money in the trend though but only after figuring out daytrading is a mugs game and that was after many many years in. I still daytrade though as i get bored but i make no money from it in the end, nothing thats worth the effort anyway and i know there will be many people who can relate to that even if they do not admit it as i know because i have been there unbiasedly. Also remember it is not something you guys want to accpet or hear but you should be honest with yourselves.

I have made much more money away from trading and in my other businesses.

I tell you though and no one will believe me or accpet this but one day you will too come to the conclusion i guarantee it, that daytrading is not worth the effort, i have worked in a prop house too and only 1 or 2 traders kept the whole business afloat along with the desk fees and comms. I have been around, i have done and tried everything un-biasedly and stuck to a plan unconditionally, i have read every damn book and have good disciplne instilled in me, but i say again it means nothing if you cannot perform and make the woola

Like I said before, nothing surprises me, even your capacity for taking it out on us.

halo trader (proabaly spanish) puts a thread the other day and look at the interest. Un-beleiveable the amount of so-called experience traders viewing that thread believing the crap.

Mr charts constantly in a safe way looks for more mugs everyday it seems, the rest, unbelieveable and shows and tells me many more are struggling but too proud to admit it.

Hi James,
For someone very new to T2W and only a handful of posts to his name, you seem surprisingly acquainted with the site and some of its most highly regarded members. (Obviously, I'm not referring to 'halo tader' here, who's thread is a complete p!ss take and clearly just a bit of fun.) Additionally, you're comfortable with taking a pop at the likes of trader_dante and Mr. Charts which gets me thinking. . . perhaps there's more to you than meets the eye. Not in a good way, sadly, although I'll leave that for the mod's to decide. I post this as I'm one of the 'mugs' you refer to who's had 1-2-1 training with Mr. Charts. Not once, but twice. Perhaps that makes me a double mug or a mug plural or, even, a mug squared? Whichever, I'm very happy with it and the tuition I received from Mr. Charts.

I don't have a problem with questioning the output of high profile members such as the two aforementioned members. Indeed, they should be as accountable as the next person and equally transparent. In my view, both these traders are just that and your criticism of them is as unjustified as it is unhelpful to members who might otherwise look to each of them for inspiration, direction and guidance through the trading minefield. I don't know what your beef is James and I don't much care, either. But, taking a pop at t_d and Mr. Charts et al, isn't likely to help you resolve your issues - whatever they may be - or be helpful to the wider membership.
TIm.

Last edited:
no i have not made any fortunes in the daytrading arena, I guess something is wrong with me then.

Forgetting my own personal track record and your beliefs of whether I can or cannot make any money: If you have not managed to make money in the day trading arena then there is something wrong with you. End of story.

Day trading will always seem like a "mugs game" to people because the majority of people are not cut out for it.

I know many people, infact too numerous to mention, that are making excellent money as day traders and that have long and profitable track records.

I've sat next to a daytrader at Futex that had not had a down day in three years . I've also sat with those that are making hundreds of thousands of pounds per week - and some per day. One of my best mates there came in with no experience WHATSOEVER and was making £500 a day + on 1's and 2s in the FTSE after about three months and has been for a year now.

The only part of your message that I agree with is that people should be honest with themselves. Some people are just not cut out for day trading - or any type of trading in general. There are so many elements that one needs and you can't have one without the other. And those elements are too various to mention but include all the usuals - an edge, iron discipline, excellent money management, determination etc.

Regardless of what you think you've tried or the characteristics you think you have: If you haven't made it you are lacking something.

And to everyone else that reads this, please listen:

Whatever you think of me - whether you think I'm a good trader or a charlatann that has never made a penny doesn't matter: what matters is that time and time again, people will tell you that something cannot be done when they cannot do it themselves.

Those people will come in various guises. They may be friends. They may be family. They may be work colleagues. And they may be trolls that pop up on internet forums.

This is not all a massive illusion. There are profitable day traders. But they are a minority. This is a very hard, but not impossible game.

But NEVER, EVER let anyone tell you that something can't be done.

Trader_dante, you may have mentioned this elsewhere, so apologies, but why was futex not conducive to your trading? I am not taking a dig, because personally I find your threads useful, and they would be useful regardless of whether you make money or not. I am just interested in the reasons that the same person, with the same strategy can be successful on his own, but not at a firm like futex.

I haven't visited this thread before, but wasn't JTrader a James?

Come on lightning....you're not going to let a lousy proxy IP fox you, are you??? LOL

I haven't visited this thread before, but wasn't JTrader a James?

Come on lightning....you're not going to let a lousy proxy IP fox you, are you??? LOL

lol no, its not jt, I have already had coms with james1234 earlier, suffice to say he can stay a little longer here. If he behaves himself that is, we'll see how that goes :)

i was not trying to upset anyone, ireally was not. I just like to cut to the chase, i don't like b/s thats all. sorry if i affended anyone but i will not stand any more bs on this forum for the benifit of others.

its ok for trader dante to write good peices and sell signals, and for mr charts to spam these forums. amazing

Last edited:
i was not trying to upset anyone, ireally was not. I just like to cut to the chase, i don't like b/s thats all. sorry if i affended anyone but i will not stand any more bs on this forum for the benifit of others.

its ok for trader dante to write good peices and sell signals, and for mr charts to spam these forums. amazing

I don't sell anything.

Yawn.

Trader dante you have misled people and newbies even if you do not admit to it. You make out to be a complete expert and a god of some kind but you are not and far far from it im afraid.

Take that reality check now before its too late for you.

How can you claim to have sat next to a daytrader who has not had a losing day in three years and then not having the common sense to trade the same way if it was true and learn from him, you must be the biggest mug of them all.

Keep on with your fibs and bs and see if in 1 years time anything has changed for you. When i worked at a prop house there was alot of guys thta were in their early twenties that went home to mummy and daddy after work and never made money just like you, they never grew up or started a family or moved on in life. Don't be the same thats all im saying.

anyway lets get back to big money.............

i will post some reports later that show why less is more in trading.

I can give you the very best entry possible without curve fitting and can prove beyond doubt that a tight stop of say 0.3-0.5 atr with that entry does not outperform a wider stop of say x4 atr. You could say the entry method was flawed, ok but in the long run no one will get 100% entry anyway and this entry is as good as any as i have tested the same concept and money management with many different styles and they are the same in the long run.

Also i can send reports that show why 1 trade a day is better than say 20 trades a day in the long run.

The problem is most people are lying to themselves and do not want such honesty

Hi James,

Forget TD and last weekend and get on with it. I, for one, am reading what you have to say.

I prefer to follow trends and one trade per morning session is great and what I like. However, if I'm in and wrong I see no point in hanging on to the trade. That might mean more than one trade before I get it right.

Trader dante you have misled people and newbies even if you do not admit to it. You make out to be a complete expert and a god of some kind but you are not and far far from it im afraid.

I've never made myself out to be anything but what I am: consistently profitable. So, I really don't think anyone has been misled.

How can you claim to have sat next to a daytrader who has not had a losing day in three years and then not having the common sense to trade the same way if it was true and learn from him, you must be the biggest mug of them all.

If you knew anything whatsoever about trading you would know the impracticalities of this.

You are clearly a complete and utter moron.

Sorry.

I've never made myself out to be anything but what I am: consistently profitable. So, I really don't think anyone has been misled.

If you knew anything whatsoever about trading you would know the impracticalities of this.

You are clearly a complete and utter moron.

Sorry.

I was trying to get some kind of reasoning out of him, this morning, but I think I'll go back to my trading platform. :)

you do not have to like me, i am not bothered by that otherwise i would have remained safe.

Just tell me if what im saying is true or not?, stop lying thats all i am saying. Anyone who has been there knows what im saying. Trader dante it is possible to learn and replicate what someone esle does so again you are wrong imo, as i have replicated myself what was taught to me with success.

James,

With respect you are entitled to your opinions. However I have learnt nothing from you. I have learnt something that has helped my trading from TD. I think it is irrelevant whether he was profitable at Futex or not.

Best,

Swiss

Stops

I should also add, trade with a close stop. Keeping losses to an absolute minimum is critical, everything else is peripheral.
It is unrealistic to expect stop orders to be filled at our stop prices.
However the slippage is much more difficult to quantify. The trader might have a mental image of trading at the prices shown on a computer screen, but in reality he must continuously buy at the offered price and sell at the bid price.
The spread between the bid and offer becomes a very substantial but hidden cost of doing business. In addition, as most of us have learned many times over, it is unrealistic to expect stop orders to be filled at our stop prices. Commodity Traders Club News - Issue 42
See: Slippage

you still miss the point and just care about being right, even in your own trading i can see it, its so clear if you look from the outside in.

I am going long the dow and will make £25k when dow reaches 9300 some time this year, i will outperform most of you but not all. Am i a skill-full trader by doin this?, no, but do i care about knowledge, experience and skill, no, it means nothing in the end. I will make more money than most, i will go down probably upto £20k and will i be able to handle that kind of drawdown emotionally, yes as i have been there many times and have balls which most do not in this game.

To me trading is not worth sticking to a cautious 2% a trade system or 100 shares a time, waste of my time and even then you are not guaranteed anything

new trader i mean no harm, i have just read many of your pots and quite frankly thy wind me up alot.

well i actually made just £13k in the end as i couldn't hold my nerve long enough and closed out too early, shame and i have learnt from it. In hindsight I should have compounded too as profit could have been amazing, but even though £13k is good i never stuck to the plan and a little disapointed.

Anyway just to let you know today i went long gbp/aud for a postion trade as imo gbp/aud has exhausted. I have a wide stop and expect to come out on top within 3 months. I may even compound the profits this time.

Reward a = Risk b X Capital c X Time d

To get Reward 100a, you would need at least 100b, 100c or 100d (or 10 X any 2, or 4-5 X all 3).

Since you're excluding increasing c and d, that means you must be prepared to input 100 b, that is, take much bigger risks.

Unfortunately, Reward a can also have a negative value and the easiest way to prove this is by taking bigger risks.

It seems like a trap, it probably is, I don't think there is a dependable way to make a lot of money fast from trading other than by taking a once in a lifetime risk.

Open 10 pizza shops.
That's good for 400K a year.

jiggly,

I think it is unfortunate when people hold their trading methods secret because they don't want others to profit like they do. I believe there is enough money in the market that sharing your trading strategy with others will not really make a difference.

Building your trading edge can take a while. We must always be willing to learn and adapt our trading strategy to both the markets and our trading preferances. But... if you wanted something practical as opposed to the theory i just mentioned, I do have something to offer.

One thing I noticed from commodities, mostly grains, is that there is a pattern and when it forms it usually works out close to 80% of the time. The pattern is that when a commodity consolidates within a fairly clear trading rage for 9 months or more, if it breaks out of that consolidation it is highly likely that it is a legitimate move.

This pattern I found usually works for Corn, Wheat, Soybeans, Oats, Cocoa and Oil etc...

It obviously takes a while for a commodity to consolidate that long, but I encourage you to check it out yourself.

-Vlad

Anyway just to let you know today i went long gbp/aud for a postion trade as imo gbp/aud has exhausted. I have a wide stop and expect to come out on top within 3 months. I may even compound the profits this time.

Funnily enough I took the very same trade from 1.8653 mid price.Retrace of the exhaustion low.
Stop is already @ BE as I see no need whatsoever to have this costing me a dime...either it works as a stand alone trade or it doesn't.
The problem with exhaustions is the volatility at price extremes and getting shaken out, but this trade is behaving perfectly today so...wait and see.