Sticky How can T2W better serve its community?

Good job , another important details here :

1- We should be able to turn it off .
2- It would be nice if we can see these notifications in the "control panel" .

Thanks .

Good job , another important details here :

1- We should be able to turn it off .
2- It would be nice if we can see these notifications in the "control panel" .

Thanks .

Great feedback tar. We'll add the option to turn it off later this week. Also I'll see what we can add to the control panel.

Great feedback tar. We'll add the option to turn it off later this week. Also I'll see what we can add to the control panel.

And the control panel notifications should be optional as well ...

Thanks

Forum software needs updating.

I post on other forums that work more like social media sites. E.g you get an alert every time someone quotes one of your posts. You can tag other members in threads alerting them to the conversation. The idea being that you keep coming back to see how many alerts you have.

All to often, I will post on a thread here and then totally forget about it

I've added the ability to tag other members in a forum post, allowing you to bring it to their attention via an email alert.

Simply use @ symbol before their username, for example if you typed @sharky in a post, I'd get alerted about it.

Last edited:
Well for what it's worth i'd like the friends and photo thingy back, maybe not everyone used it but i found it personalised the site and was good to have.

Regards Shane.

Trader Spotlight - Weekly

Please post your suggestions here, all shapes and sizes welcome!

Thread: "Trader Spotlight - Weekly"

This thread is to allow fellow T2w members to ask any questions (trading related) to any T2w member on the spotlight.
The Q & A session will last for the entire week commencing from Monday and ending on Sunday midnight (uk time). The process repeats again with a new member on the spotlight on Monday.

Questions can be asked anytime during the week by members.
The trader on the spotlight has the option to answer or decline any questions subject to his/her own judgement throughout the entire week. All questions must be answered by midnight Sunday.

Trader on the spotlight can nominate by themselves to be questioned. Fellow T2w members can also nominate other members that they wish to question on the spotlight. (Nominated members must confirm acceptance so a weekly slot is allocated for questioning)
This is a first come first served basis. There are no limits for a trader to be on the spotlight. Open to both profitable/non-profitable traders.

It is hoped this will bring further insights and enhance educational related matters to our personal trading.

So.....Who would like to start off?

Thoughts?

Please post your suggestions here, all shapes and sizes welcome!

T2w is good but there are a lot of day traders here .
Most threads and sub-sections seem to cater for day traders (intra day).
There is no sub-section for longer term trading, i.e. days plus.
Therefore I think there is a missing section from the T2w Sub-sections.
I think there needs to be a section for longer term swing and trend traders.
Because every thread here seems to chiefly reference to intra day trading.

I recall a main forum for swing and position traders to create threads and post in. has it gone? if so where did it go? the threads there must have been moved somewhere.

perhaps members didn't post to it? day trading appears a more popular topic, so maybe admin ditched it?

I recall a main forum for swing and position traders to create threads and post in. has it gone? if so where did it go? the threads there must have been moved somewhere.

perhaps members didn't post to it? day trading appears a more popular topic, so maybe admin ditched it?
Hi chaps,
Historically, i.e. until about three years ago, there was indeed a bespoke forum for swing and position traders. At that time (2011/12) we decided to take a close look at the forum structure to see if we could streamline it as it had become very bloated over the years. After several iterations, we arrived at something very simple, easy to navigate and visually appealing. Inevitably, there were one or two grumbles from the members - but nothing major. Within a month or so, everyone appeared to accept the changes and just got on with it. Everyone except Google that is, who wasn't happy with the changes at all! Unfortunately, we can't afford to stick two fingers up to the mighty G, so we had to revert to an earlier iteration - which is what we have now.

Jason - regarding your comments about swing trading, I suggest you start a thread of your own in one of the forums in the 'Markets' category and include swing trading in the title. This will make it clear to everyone where you're coming from. Not ideal I know, but we are where we are I'm afraid!
;)
Tim.

Thread: "Trader Spotlight - Weekly"

This thread is to allow fellow T2w members to ask any questions (trading related) to any T2w member on the spotlight.
The Q & A session will last for the entire week commencing from Monday and ending on Sunday midnight (uk time). The process repeats again with a new member on the spotlight on Monday.

Questions can be asked anytime during the week by members.
The trader on the spotlight has the option to answer or decline any questions subject to his/her own judgement throughout the entire week. All questions must be answered by midnight Sunday.

Trader on the spotlight can nominate by themselves to be questioned. Fellow T2w members can also nominate other members that they wish to question on the spotlight. (Nominated members must confirm acceptance so a weekly slot is allocated for questioning)
This is a first come first served basis. There are no limits for a trader to be on the spotlight. Open to both profitable/non-profitable traders.

It is hoped this will bring further insights and enhance educational related matters to our personal trading.

So.....Who would like to start off?

Thoughts?
Hi Triggerfish,
Great idea!

Why don't you kick off with a thread with you being the trader in the spotlight? Perhaps Educational Resources would be the best forum?
Tim.

If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in. I am almost always in major forex pairs using EOD prices and entry. Occasionally also lesser currencies like PLN, HUF, SGD etc.

Trades are trend-following, none of my trades are opened as intra-day, though I occasionally take profits early if I get in late, just after the Open say, and price goes parabolic.

Why don't we do it and see where it goes?

If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in. I am almost always in major forex pairs using EOD prices and entry. Occasionally also lesser currencies like PLN, HUF, SGD etc.

Trades are trend-following, none of my trades are opened as intra-day, though I occasionally take profits early if I get in late, just after the Open say, and price goes parabolic.

...and me :)

If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in.. . .

...and me :)

@Jason101,
I don't recall offhand which market(s) you trade but, given that Tom is into Forex these days and I'm guessing that Jon still trades equities and indices, I'll revise my earlier suggestion to a more general thread where anyone can contribute - regardless of the markets/instruments they trade.

With the above in mind, how about a thread entitled End of Day Swing & Position Traders Thread - or something similar in the Discretionary Trading forum (in the Methods category)? Whoever starts it might like to make it clear that the focus is on the longer term view, and trades ought to be longer than one day. This will help to ensure that people like me who regard themselves as intra-day swing traders don't infect the thread with pesky day trades!
:LOL:
Tim.

@Jason101,
I don't recall offhand which market(s) you trade but, given that Tom is into Forex these days and I'm guessing that Jon still trades equities and indices, I'll revise my earlier suggestion to a more general thread where anyone can contribute - regardless of the markets/instruments they trade.

With the above in mind, how about a thread entitled End of Day Swing & Position Traders Thread - or something similar in the Discretionary Trading forum (in the Methods category)? Whoever starts it might like to make it clear that the focus is on the longer term view, and trades ought to be longer than one day. This will help to ensure that people like me who regard themselves as intra-day swing traders don't infect the thread with pesky day trades!
:LOL:
Tim.
Hi Tim,

I am in all markets (as long as it's trending.)

Currently open - FX (major & miner), Bonds and ETF's
Recently closed, Equities and commodities (last open, oil.)

I swing and position trade (via trend following), although lately it has been harder and harder to hold out for the positions due to the unsettled nature of recent market dynamics.

The thing is end of day plus trading has so many topics that I feel one thread would become a jumbled mess.

I really believe it needs it's own forum in the Methods or other section. I have often gone quiet on t2w for a few weeks at a time because threads are so heavily dominated with replies through intra day lenses. It can be quite alienating for end of day plus traders.
I have often thought of posting a thread asking for advice on which other (rival) sites may better cater for longer term traders. But thought that a little cheeky.
Kind Regards
Jason

Last edited:
Hi Jason - I kind of agree. Although I have tried and not been very successful trading shares and then indices, and am now happily profitable trading forex, I still at heart believe that a viable trading methodology is transferable to almost any instrument. All the more so if it operates across a longer time-frame which is subject to less individuality or market/locality-specific behaviour. This does suggest that one of the Methods forums would be a good home.

I spend quite a bit of time questioning and refining my own methodology - much less than I spend reading up on other people's analysis of the latest EUR/USD price action and very much less than I spend reading central bank rate announcements. So your idea strikes a chord with me for one. Best wishes.

I did start the successful weekly S&P 500 thread, which is still running in the capable hands of Atilla and the Shark kindly donates a prize every quarter.

I have had another, I hope good idea. Must admit I haven't got through all the back pages , so excuse me if it has been broached before.

The idea is to have a grid of the major Forex pairs.
Each day members would be invited to put in their " looking good " calls for the day, up or down. Entries would close at midday and it would be taken from there through the day to US closing time ( 9 pm in UK ). To make collating the situation easier on an Excel spreadsheet. A running total for each participant could be made and......the winner is the one who makes the most money by the week's end and get's a Sharky prize too.

Any thoughts ?

Not sure if I quite explained the idea well enough.
Say Eur/Jpy etc.would have a box on the grid each, split in half for up or down.