Hope nobody can relate to this...

Would appreciate if anyone can recommend some good value training?

The market has just given you some excellent training! Take some time off! Get your head together! Study price!

Come back to the table when you feel ready and start off with the smallest size your instruments allow. Build size in as your acc grows! If it doesnt grow. Try again, and again, and again..... etc etc

GL

Spot on - Have learned more today about Money management, Risk, S/L and how quickly things can move against you - especially downwards than you can ever learn in theory.

Would certainly agree on your advice on starting small + building up AC slowly

CT

I know one of guy who will be banging his head against the wall... big time...

Well, I'm doing that, too. Not because I lost money but because this morning, my indicators were screaming to go long. I was busy having a shower. Looks like an easy 180 pips, too. Damn personal hygiene and all that it stands for!!

Thanks db

Having analysed all the trades I closed this morning, it was the right decision, until I am better equipped.

Although I thought I had a good strategy, (good stocks, strong sectors, long term upward trends), I relaxed on the S/L as I didn't want to be taken out by a blip - which now turns out to be more of a huge hole - "what ****** Iceberg"!!!!

CT

That's why I stopped using indicators and started focusing on price and volume alone. It's difficult to imagine anybody being long after December.

That's why I stopped using indicators and started focusing on price and volume alone. It's difficult to imagine anybody being long after December.

Anybody know where I can get more information / assisstance from this site on this or possibly some pdf's

CT

It's not going to make any difference . . .

Agreed, it made no difference to Japan when they cut interest rates to 0 in the past. Also there is a load of nonsense currently being talked on Bloomberg with "gurus" saying that we are near the bottom and a rally is due. How do they know ? It is just wishful thinking in my view.

Paul

Agreed, it made no difference to Japan when they cut interest rates to 0 in the past. Also there is a load of nonsense currently being talked on Bloomberg with "gurus" saying that we are near the bottom and a rally is due. How do they know ? It is just wishful thinking in my view.

Paul

:rolleyes: Were you around in '00/'01? The players change, but the game remains the same.

Wonder how he's feeling now :(

On a side note, my trader friend was also long over the weekend. He would argue that the trader was simly undercapitalized as he added a few times and is now making VERY handsome profits.

Funny old game.

Wonder how he's feeling now :(

On a side note, my trader friend was also long over the weekend. He would argue that the trader was simly undercapitalized as he added a few times and is now making VERY handsome profits.

Funny old game.

Your friend got very very lucky, mate.

Paul
I just keep laughing at all the "gurus" and analysts over here in Oz that have continually said "this is a good time to buy stocks, there is some real value around". There's been one or two saying it every day even though the market has been plunging for 12 straight days!

If one had followed their advice on any given day during the past 12 days they would still be down right now even with the 200 points it has bounced today!

I'm no guru but I do laugh when I hear people saying it's a great time to buy as prices are falling through the floor left right and centre.

Cheers,
PKFFW

I just keep laughing at all the "gurus" and analysts over here in Oz that have continually said "this is a good time to buy stocks, there is some real value around". There's been one or two saying it every day even though the market has been plunging for 12 straight days!

If one had followed their advice on any given day during the past 12 days they would still be down right now even with the 200 points it has bounced today!

I'm no guru but I do laugh when I hear people saying it's a great time to buy as prices are falling through the floor left right and centre.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Same on bloomberg this AM - "good time to buy", "markets are bottoming" - that was 180 points ago.

Wonder how the you tube wonder is doing????:mad:

Well, he closed his position for a 30+k loss. He has 10k left in his account.

In today's synopsis, he says he started out on Friday with a 55k account, it was 2k down Friday evening (don't know how much 1 contract costs, though, so whether this is his stop or not is another matter).

I think the now infamous youtube kid took the 30k loss and has since made 2k back. He seems like a nice kid in fact.