Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

hi Bashir

I am quiet new to trading future and I must say that this thread has been very educational. Even though I am still on page 40, I have to say that the things I have learned from this thread is way more than any of the standard books people read. Looking at real life example has definitely increased my learning speed.

I have been backtesting the system using Ninja Trader's market replay function and I am amazed to see how everything fits together. I can't thank Bashir enough for sharing successful real life trading experiences.

Jason

Key Areas

Bashir,
I noticed today on the YM the Auto trader took a short trade around a "00" key level which it turn bounced off this level and stopped out, any chance these levels may be incorporated into the program to not to trade if price is within a certain tick value of these levels?
Whats your thoughts with these levels.

Bashir,
I noticed today on the YM the Auto trader took a short trade around a "00" key level which it turn bounced off this level and stopped out, any chance these levels may be incorporated into the program to not to trade if price is within a certain tick value of these levels?
Whats your thoughts with these levels.

Your idea is very valid, and i will take that into consideration.
I will give it a few days and keep an eye on these levels and see if a benefit or not.
If there is good improvments i will add this funtion to it.

I will rather use VVA lines(Volume value area lines) since its a more correct way of finding support and resistance areas.

I will make a version with this funtion and have itrunning next to the normal one, and see with one does best.

I am also very carefull with adding to much rules to it also, we might end up taking no trades all day because there is always some rules telling use not to.

But i will definitily look into this, my friend Vigi also mentioned this.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Last edited:
I will rather use VVA lines(Volume value area lines) since its a more correct way of finding support and resistance areas.

.....in what why is it "more" correct?....and "more" correct than what?...curious...

mark j

.....in what why is it "more" correct?....and "more" correct than what?...curious...

mark j

Instead of using the Pivots and other things like that the VVA lines, gives a much better indication of where people are willing to buy it and where they are shorting it and where price is at equalibrium.Where the bulls and the bears are happy.A pivot will give support or resistance, but what about the places where there are no pivots. What VVA is basicly making reading support and resistance of the charts easyer and more accurate.
As it will draw 3 lines indicating where to expect support and resistance.

I recommend you read some articles about VVA, also called Marked Profile, i am sure you will find it to be very
interesting. Some people can trade of just that, simply put its just trading from S/R(Support /resistance)

There are 3 lines in VVA and those lines work incredible well as S/R, and these keep changing true the day and will always tell you where to expect S/R.

It is hard to explain this in words, VVA are also called Marked Profile, its a indicator in Sierracharts. I recommend you have a look at it and see how it actualy works, you will be surprised how well it works. You will quicly understand what i mean when you see it in action.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Instead of using the Pivots and other things like that the VVA lines, gives a much better indication of where people are willing to buy it and where they are shorting it and where price is at equalibrium.Where the bulls and the bears are happy.A pivot will give support or resistance, but what about the places where there are no pivots. What VVA is basicly making reading support and resistance of the charts easyer and more accurate.
As it will draw 3 lines indicating where to expect support and resistance.

I recommend you read some articles about VVA, also called Marked Profile, i am sure you will find it to be very
interesting. Some people can trade of just that, simply put its just trading from S/R(Support /resistance)

There are 3 lines in VVA and those lines work incredible well as S/R, and these keep changing true the day and will always tell you where to expect S/R.

It is hard to explain this in words, VVA are also called Marked Profile, its a indicator in Sierracharts. I recommend you have a look at it and see how it actualy works, you will be surprised how well it works. You will quicly understand what i mean when you see it in action.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

...thanks....you make it seem so incredibly easy.....will look into sierra charts...just hope it isnt outside my price range mark j

Bashir, I read somewhere that Ninja Trader is based on the EASYLANGUAGE. Is that correct? Because if it is, I would like you to send me the Ninja Trader version also because the plataform I tade in Brazil is based on the easylanguage too.

Regards

Jordao

Hi Jordao, i quite sure the Ninja version will be a dll file as well just lke in SC, as NinjaTrader supports that too.

Last edited:
Spread Betting

Hi Pipen

Are you experienced with spread betters ?
They are not the best option for daytrading, they have their own market and only track the futures i.e. they’re not the “true” market. Except for futures betting.com who are based in the tax haven of Gibraltar to get around the betting rules in the UK!

Jim

I have been using them for about 2 years now. I know they can fudge the market as they see fit within a small margin. Could this turn a winning day trading strategy into a losing one?

P

Jim

I have been using them for about 2 years now. I know they can fudge the market as they see fit within a small margin. Could this turn a winning day trading strategy into a losing one?

P

I've mentioned it before in the thread, but the spread is not taken into account with this strategy.
You can give the manual strategy a try if you can produce the indicators on the IG charts, see if it's still profitable, but i found the spreads to be too big when i gave IG a try. This was not using bashirs strategy though, mind.

Spread

I've mentioned it before in the thread, but the spread is not taken into account with this strategy.
You can give the manual strategy a try if you can produce the indicators on the IG charts, see if it's still profitable, but i found the spreads to be too big when i gave IG a try. This was not using bashirs strategy though, mind.

OK thanks. IG have a spread of 6 points but other companies I use have a spread of 4. I try it with minimum money.

...thanks....you make it seem so incredibly easy.....will look into sierra charts...just hope it isnt outside my price range mark j

Its very cheap and cost around 26 usd pr month for the level 3 package, and that will give you everything you need.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir, I read somewhere that Ninja Trader is based on the EASYLANGUAGE. Is that correct? Because if it is, I would like you to send me the Ninja Trader version also because the plataform I tade in Brazil is based on the easylanguage too.

Regards

Jordao

THe Ninja version is done guys, and will be released tomorow i hope.
The Ninja trader uses easylanguage and we have covertet the Sierraversion to that language. There is no .dll files here, but instead file that are called .cs

I will send everyone a copy tomorow, this version will also incluse those new changes i talked about in the previouse email.

With kind regards
Bashir N

OK thanks. IG have a spread of 6 points but other companies I use have a spread of 4. I try it with minimum money.
I'm testing the manual system on ig, the ftse100 has a spread of 2 points so its not a problem i use a stop of 8/10 you can test it with mini contracts at £2 a point.
The only problems im having are with me, the strategy and platform work well and are profitable. This is a great cheap way of getting up and running and im planning to move on when I'v ironed out my weak points.

Bashir, you are a uniquely generous, and helpful guy (y) thanks for a great thread

I'm testing the manual system on ig, the ftse100 has a spread of 2 points so its not a problem i use a stop of 8/10 you can test it with mini contracts at £2 a point.
The only problems im having are with me, the strategy and platform work well and are profitable. This is a great cheap way of getting up and running and im planning to move on when I'v ironed out my weak points.

Bashir, you are a uniquely generous, and helpful guy (y) thanks for a great thread

OK. Perhaps I can ask you for some guidance then and possibly play the ftse too?

My Navig just keep taking orders any body has the same problem????

YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:46:00
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:46:48
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:47:34
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Exit executed Sell Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:48:38
Ignored Trigger: YMH9 89 tick - #1, Sell Exit for Worksheet "Naimy", Short Position Quantity does not exist. - 2009-01-06 11:48:38
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:49:01
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:49:40
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Exit executed Sell Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:50:13

Hi there,

this system looks very good and it uses multi timeframes which i too use myself and i think it would also work with a top down approach using $indu main cash index then going to weak or strong stocks.

The thing i like also is the way you use ema's for your entries, as waiting for price to be below ema's stops the trader from trying to pick tops and bottoms and also keeping these kind of specific rules helps to build disciplne.

My Navig just keep taking orders any body has the same problem????

YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:46:00
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:46:48
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:47:34
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Exit executed Sell Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:48:38
Ignored Trigger: YMH9 89 tick - #1, Sell Exit for Worksheet "Naimy", Short Position Quantity does not exist. - 2009-01-06 11:48:38
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:49:01
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:49:40
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Exit executed Sell Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-06 11:50:13

This seems to be a problem that nobody else is having, i suggest you use the 371 version that seems to work for everyone
They have made some changes to the newest prerelease that seems to might have messed something up.
A new update will be out as well today .

So use that one, when you get in in the mail.

Regards
Bashir N

Hi Bashir,
Were there problems in the room late in the day?
Could not log on again after being logged off

frank