Futures daytrading method S/R

bnaimy

Established member
Hello everyone, its been along time since i have posted anything on the forum and i though i should my current trading method that i trade the YM with.

This method can be used with the NQ and ES as well, with a few easy modifications, but i am personaly using it on EMINI YM.

I will from time to time also post possible trades on charts that you could have taken by using this method and then answer questions incase anyone is wondering. And if there are any questions regarding the method, or if anything is unclear then just ask away.

At the bottom of this post there are a few videos that explain the basics and how to use it , i am sure there are a few things i have left out, if so then just ask.

Bashir Naimy’s Trading system

Charting setup:
• 1000 tick candlestick chart +15 exponential moving average
• 4000 tick candlestick chart +14 simple moving average
• 5min chart with a basic volume indicator
• 200 tick candlestick chart with slow stochastic (only slow d-line), overbought level 80 and oversold level 20
• 30min chart with slow stochastic (settings 10.3.2)

Fixed rules, that can’t be broken

•Never go long if the 200 tick chart’s slow stochastic is above 80 level

•Never go short if the 200 tick chart’s slow stochastic is below the 20 level

•If price does not make a new high from the previous swing high on the 1000tick chart then you would not take any longs, the top of that swing and the bottom of that swing is not restricted area and should not be trades. Only when it makes a new high or goes below the swing low can you try to find a new entry.

•If price is coming down on heavy selling volume to your level that you want to go long, then cancel your buy. Instead look for a major support further down.

•If the 14 SMA on the 4000tick chart is slopping up, then your long term bias is to the long side.

•If the 14 SMA on the 4000tick chart is slopping down, then your long term bias is to the downside.

•If the 15EMA on the 1000tick is slopping down, then short term bias is to the downside.

•If the 15EMA on the 1000tick is slopping down, then short term bias is to the downside.

Additional information about the method

When always buying based on the long term bias, then it most cases the 30min stochastic will be going against you, this is perfectly fine. There is only one thing to watch out for; when market is coming down close to your entry point it should be coming down on low selling volume. The initial down move will be on good selling, but when it gets close it should get a lot lower. If volume is still high you know that the market is not willing to stop at that level, and will most likely search for a lower level. Keep that in mind when trying to go long based on the long term bias, and against the 30min stochastic.
Also when going long or short based on the long term bias, the short term trend (15 EMA) will be against you. Nothing to worry about as that is expected. Just keep your cool and don’t panic.

When the long term trend (14 SMA) is flat or not really slopping in any direction then you must base your long and short term bias on the short term trend, and in cases like that, always have the 30min stochastic on your side.

How do I find my short and long entry you are talking about!
We use the good old eyes and some simple thinking to find these levels and we also use Fibonacci levels to confirm our trade and to give use a specific try.
And we also gauge our 200tick stochastic to find the most favorable levels in the market and how to time this.
I will post a video very shortly were I will give examples and try to explain how to do this. Reading it only is not optimal and as human beings we need examples and some more visual help to archive this.

Charting Setup
YouTube - Chart Intro

Indicator Intro
YouTube - Indicator

S/R Intro
YouTube - SR intro

I will post a new video tomorow with excamples and how to actualy trade this and what to look for and what not to look for. And more practical information that will help you figure it out.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• Trading system.docx
    15.3 KB · Views: 548
  • Trading system.pdf
    254.8 KB · Views: 2,922
  • Chartbook1.zip
    2 KB · Views: 299
Hi ,
I have been looking thru these posts and have seen several different systems you use.
I'm actually using the 4 chart method - 144 tick, 3 min, 10 min & 30 min charts.

I was wondering why your changing if they are working for you?

It looks like your getting longer and longer time frames and moving away from scalping. True?

Mike

Hi ,
I have been looking thru these posts and have seen several different systems you use.
I'm actually using the 4 chart method - 144 tick, 3 min, 10 min & 30 min charts.

I was wondering why your changing if they are working for you?

It looks like your getting longer and longer time frames and moving away from scalping. True?

Mike

Hi Mike, you are correct, it might seem as i am moving to larget timeframes and away from scalping. But my targets have not changed that much over this periode, what i am aiming for is more quality trades and less small moves her and there.

The older methods are working just fine and i do check them from time to time, but with the experience i have learned over the year i am now able to catch the better intraday swings that are much more profitable, and where i can use smaller stops.

You could say this new method is more about price patterns and Support and resistance and where i use the moving averages as a direction tool and not a place to go long or short.

I have also gotten your mail, just havent had time to reply to it yet, hope to do so very soon.

For new traders with little experience this new method might be hard to understand and master, but most traders will eventually head to this way of trading at the end. And so they might as well start learning it from the beginning. Just my opinion that is, there might be others who might not agree with me on this.

Working on getting a few examples up and upload the video, this method works just as fine on the ES or any other market, thats the beauty of it. Just a few adjustments is all that is needed.

WIth kind regards
Bashir N

Hi Mr Naimy,
Seems like you've mentioned previously that you use the Fib numbers.
I never saw any specific instructions on that but I also notice there isn't any mention of themin the new method - just support & resistance.
How are you identifying S & R now?
Thx
Mike

Hi Mike, i define S/R in several way together.

I first of all i look at chart patterns and then i use fibs from different swing and then look for places where both price patterns and fibs confluence. And also when FIB lines from two different swings line up at the same price level, then that is a good sign of support level.So i use chart patterns for findind support and resistance and i then use fibs in addition to verify those levels, and when they fibs do line up, then that line works as a excelent entry point.

I will give excamples of that as well in the video, as its hard to explain on text.

Majority of the trades i take, i have allready planned the level and entry along time before price really gets there, so its a very relaxing way of trading. You find the market direction with the moving averages and then you wait for pullbacks to resistance or support levels and go with it.

Regards
Bashir N

Bashir

I really do admire what you are doing here. You are very openly posting your methods as you develop them and quite open about your failures.

From what I can see - you have no ulterior motive other than furthering your own trading & that of others.

Great stuff.

Pete :clap:

Hi Mr Naimy,

1st 3 videos were great.
I'll look forward to the next videos.

Thx
Mike

More video's

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay.

First video is with a few examples of trade that was valid if you followed the trading method.

YouTube - Example1 11.september

Second video is about my target and stops and why i have it that way.

YouTube - Stops-Targets and why i have it that way.

Her is a video for those new to trading, you should really listen and understand this, and really
work true these problems, as that will be your biggest challange, just thought it might be helpfull to listen to. Its some video i found on youtube.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN-StbbTD_M&feature=related

I will make a new video tomorow, with examples from the trading day, and i will keep doing this for a few weeks for those interested in learning this. If anyone have any questions, i will try to answer those in the video as well or with a plain post in this thread.

Incase you guys dont know, i am still running my daytrading room , its free and always have been and will remain so. As i trade i give out calls and explain my trades and try to teach this method to those interested. This room is for those willing to learn and listen, and not for those with a huge ego and the answer to every question in the universe. I dont have the time or the patience to deal with people like that. For the rest of you , the doors are open. I open it everyday Monday to Friday 20-30mins before market opens. I am trading live and every call i make, is the trade i take myself. No gimmics or ifs and butts, if i screw up, its pretty much out in the open.

Link: Browse or search for free chat rooms - Paltalk

PS: Dont use the webbased chat, its not stable, download paltalk express and then enter the room. It will save you alot of grief.

Another video coming up tomorow, stay tuned.

If any questions, please ask and i will try to answer to best of my ability.

With kind regards
Bashir N

Last edited:
Her is a video for those new to trading, you should really listen and understand this, and really
work true these problems, as that will be your biggest challange, just thought it might be helpfull to listen to. Its some video i found on youtube.

Link: YouTube - Emotions in Trading

Bashir - this video tells you to do EXACTLY the opposite of what you are attempting to do on your various threads.

It's an interesting vid - I don't see where it fits in with your mechanical approach.

Bashir - this video tells you to do EXACTLY the opposite of what you are attempting to do on your various threads.

It's an interesting vid - I don't see where it fits in with your mechanical approach.

Well, it might be true for my other methods but not this one, this one is not that mechanical as you might think. It does have a few rules, but i would not say it comes under the catagory of mechanical. This video is good for this method because you would need to take responsiblity and actualy belive in yourself and your decision for it to work. Because you are putting a buy limit or a sell limit in mid air it seems. And since there are no rules that gives you excact levels you need to really understand this video and realize that.

As for the other methods, they work just fine and understanding this video is not neccesery for those methods to work. Just because this video is saying xyz, does not mean it will apply to everything. I like the video, but i am not saying that what he is talking about is the answer to every problem in trading. Because he might be say a few things i think are correct and does apply to THIS method, but the world is not as black and white that its either this or that. I tend to be more flexible in my thinking.

As for the varius threads, remember that we live and we learn, a year ago i didnt know as much as i know now, and as such our thinking change and so does our trading as we improve. But for a new trader, those methods are a good start, until they get the understanding and the experince to move away from it. Think of those methods as bike with support weels. Thats what they are, and they will learn to make money and do some profitable trades. THe other side of that coin is to loose moeny and loose hope and give up on trading.

Anyways, i am blabbering again, i will try to upload a new video at the end of this day.
This method does require alot of work to understand if you are not familier with it, so its not a free lunch i am afraid.I will keep posting a new video for a few weeks for those interested.

Thanks for the Input pedro,cheers

With kind regards
Bashir N

Here is the video for 14.sept

It was a fairly eays day , and with nothing major problems IF you followed the rules.
I myself dide a big mistake, but still made money today,always keep in mind that i am not an expert and i do mistakes as well at times that are to obviouse.

Todays profits would have cashed you in 750 usd with a tottal of 3 trades and with 4 contracts eachtime. As you see, there is not many trades this method gives you, but it gives you quality trades.

YouTube - EX2

I am going true these videos very quickly, so if you have any questions or if there is something that is not making any sense to you, just ask.

For those of you in the room using sierrachart, please visit Sierra Chart - Financial Market Charting and Trading Software for support on how to use it. Giving tech support and trading is not easy and it makes me loss my concentration, questions about levels and such are okey.

I will post a new video tomorow

With kind regards
Bashir N

Attachments

• bn3.jpg
    bn3.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
Todays Trades, if any questions then just ask.
Also look at the attached picture.

Tottal potential profits for today was 1200 usd with
4 ES contracts. I only cashed in 650 usd, as i didnt take them all and
did cover a few contracts sooner then i should have.

YouTube - ex3

With kind regards
Bashir N

Attachments

• bn4.jpg
    bn4.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 326
I will try to upload a video of when i am trading and the market is open, this will give you all a better understanding of the trading prosses, and what i take into considerations before taking trade. I wont make it 6 hour video, but record the tottal 6 hours and cut and paste together those times where there is a trade to be had.

With kind regards
Bashir N

Keep up the good work mate, im learning alot from your work, really appreciate that. you rock =)

Her is the trades for today, if anyone have any questions then ask.
Todays profits were 925 usd, but i missed around 750 usd, mostly because i was not paying attention and not following my rules. So you could have taken 1675 usd today out of the market if done 100% correct. Trading 4 ES contacts.

Link:
YouTube - EMINI ES 17.09.2009

With kind regards
Bashir N

Attachments

• bn7.jpg
    bn7.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,506
Thanks for all the help. When I was learning the basics months and months ago you were a great help, and the help keeps on coming

Thanks for all the help. When I was learning the basics months and months ago you were a great help, and the help keeps on coming

You are welcome m8, i will post more videos this week and with some more
information as i think most people have a hard time understanding S/R.

You have a great day

With kind regards
Bashir N

I will start to post a few more videos, stay tuned.

Regards
Bashir Naimy