Daytrading the EMINI's, manual method version 2

OK New Question:

Whilst waiting for the 9min MACD or SS to cross is it enough that they cross on the current/unclosed are of the chart (i.e. the newest bit of the chart that moves around with new data) OR should we wait for that bar to close and the lines to be 'set' with distance between them?

Habib

From the experience that I have had is that most times that by the time the MACD is crossed the SS is already changed and crossed in your favor and it doesnt matter if it has closed above the ema as long as it has broken it in your favor and you can see distinct seperation. I think that on the lst version it had to close above because of it being a 10 min time frame. Not for sure though. I just make sure that the 9 min has crossed and is above the ema and game on.
Another thing that has been keeping me out of the chop is the 2 min SS. If I see the 2 min cross in the other direction ealry in a trade I will exit and take profit. If I have spent some time in a trade and have locked in my +10 I will rely on the 2 min MACD to tell me to exit a trade. Not sure if it is the correct thing to do, but it has been working for me.

Hey guys,

Bashir, the manual method detailed on your new (cool with photos) website instructions for taking a long point 4:

"4: 144tick chart (or 1min) slow stochastic must be crossed up, and the slow d line must be below the 85 line. Price must also be above the 144tick charts 10ema and the 89ema."

Does the reverse apply to taking a short (as well as revers of all the other rules). i.e. would the SHORT rule read:

must be crossed down, and slow d line must be above 15 line. Price must also be below the 10ema and 89ema or is it Price msut also be below 89ema but above 10ema?

I know you're really busy with Hydra now but many of us are still very keen to master manual methods.
(y)
Habib

Hey guys,

Bashir, the manual method detailed on your new (cool with photos) website instructions for taking a long point 4:

"4: 144tick chart (or 1min) slow stochastic must be crossed up, and the slow d line must be below the 85 line. Price must also be above the 144tick charts 10ema and the 89ema."

Does the reverse apply to taking a short (as well as revers of all the other rules). i.e. would the SHORT rule read:

must be crossed down, and slow d line must be above 15 line. Price must also be below the 10ema and 89ema or is it Price msut also be below 89ema but above 10ema?

I know you're really busy with Hydra now but many of us are still very keen to master manual methods.
(y)
Habib

You are correct m8, its the apposite when taking shorts :)

Bashir N

Hello Bashir

I have just stumbled across this thread after being an avid follower of your previous method(s). First up, fantastic work and thank you for sharing your methods.

One question I have regarding a key difference between this method and the other(s) is the direction of the MACD/stoch indicators. If we take going long as an example, assuming all the other characteristics of the signal are in place (i.e price above 10ema; both MACD and stochs have crossed etc) - do we also need to have the MACD and/or stochastics heading/pointing up as well, or is this simply implied by the fact that a) they have crossed and b) the stoch %D slow-line can't be overbought (i.e. below 85).

Sorry, that's a long-winded question - in a nutshell, do the MACD and stochs need to be heading up for a buy (and down for a Sell). If they are heading downwards, by the time all the characteristics are finally in place, do you step away from the trade.

Thanks again
Peter

Hello Bashir

I have just stumbled across this thread after being an avid follower of your previous method(s). First up, fantastic work and thank you for sharing your methods.

One question I have regarding a key difference between this method and the other(s) is the direction of the MACD/stoch indicators. If we take going long as an example, assuming all the other characteristics of the signal are in place (i.e price above 10ema; both MACD and stochs have crossed etc) - do we also need to have the MACD and/or stochastics heading/pointing up as well, or is this simply implied by the fact that a) they have crossed and b) the stoch %D slow-line can't be overbought (i.e. below 85).

Sorry, that's a long-winded question - in a nutshell, do the MACD and stochs need to be heading up for a buy (and down for a Sell). If they are heading downwards, by the time all the characteristics are finally in place, do you step away from the trade.

Thanks again
Peter[/QUOTE

Yes, both macd and stochasctics must be crossed, they dont need to be pointing up...but you would prefer to see them pointing upwards aswell if going long .. And price must be above the EMA's.

You always wait for all the signals to be inligne with eachother, this method gives you 4-6 trades tops pr day. So this is a method you need to have patience with.

Sorry for the late reply, but been busy with personal matters :(

Bashir N

Bashir,

First of all, thank you for all the work that you have you put in to this!

I was reading my way through the first 50 pages of your first thread started in 08, but then came across this second one. I have read the PDF file on the first page of this thread and the system rules and have read your excellent website rules as well...however there are discrepancies in the charts used and other details.

So which are the most up to date rules for your system? And, as I learnt from your first thread, do you still recommend Sierra Charts and Infinity ?!?

Regards, Muhammad

Metatrader 4

Bashir,

I love your system. Best scalping system I have ran accross. I was wondering if I could ask a big favor. I trade GBSUSD on Metatrader 4. I don't have 2min, 9min charts.

I only have 1m,5m,15,30m. Can you recommend the settings on 1m,5,15m that you would use if you traded on the Metatrader 4 plateform. If it's to much to ask I understand but I still thought I would ask.

Thanks,

JS

I've set up my charts as per the instructions and have looked at the rules. I have looked back a few days and cannot see any occurrences where the 9 minute MACD has crossed up and the slow d is still below the 85 line. I'm using the latest version of tradestation and have adjusted the MACD and Stoch settings per the guidelines. Can someone tell me when the last time was that these two parts of the system gave a signal?

Also has anyone written an indicator in easylangauge for this system, seems like it would be relatively easy, I'll have a go at it myself if nobody has done it yet.

I am a newbie and I wanted to know does this work with all emini's? I am interested in the S&P.

mel

I have automated the more complex method in tradestation's easylanguage and backtested different instruments, parameters, timeframes. Seems to work well. If you take into account commissions it still holds. If you take into account slippage most instruments don't cut it. YM and NQ still seem to be profitable under a certain range of parameters. I still need to mess around with exit strategies a bit more before I can definitely comment on it though.

bashir recommends scaling out, have you been able to write that into your strategy?

This is what I need to mess around with. Its pretty straight forward. I just did not have the will to code after work the past couple of days. For now I have a simple move stop loss to break even after a profit target is reached strategy.

This is what I need to mess around with. Its pretty straight forward. I just did not have the will to code after work the past couple of days. For now I have a simple move stop loss to break even after a profit target is reached strategy.

can someone post a screenshot of a signal using this method, I'm still not seeing any occurrences on my 9 minute chart, must have something set up wrong

Hi
Just finished to read all the posts on both forums .The original Bashirs system was modified so many times ,he changed the settings so many times and finaly the last 3 chart method came up.Does anyone trading this last 3chart method sucsesfuly? I am trading the method witch is on his webside but it was't easy to trade it and I am thinking to try the last one It seems simple to trade becouse we need only 3 charts but it looks like it is missing somethink too .
What about 89 ema on 89min. chart? Did he fogot to mention it or we don't use it in version 2 ? I think 89ema is a good support area and it keeps you on the right side most of the time. Would appreciate that if you could chare your experiance with newiest method.

Bnaimy,

According to your rules you state to trade after 1:05 pm est. There was a selloff on yesterday around noon on the 9min chart. What does one do if we are to follow the rules to the T? Should I make a trade off a 2 min chart?

Thanks for your insight