Trading the NQ using simple S/R and minimum of indicators

If it helps anyone, I just installed MPlayer on WinXP and everything was fine. (Other players showed either no video or flashing video)

Install download w/ gui: Link

Hey buddy, all the videos should be correct now.

If you have any wished or something you want me to add, then let me know and i will see what i can do.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir, appreciate that!
Well, one can just dream of counselling that you provide here. I can't say there is anythin else you could add to your movies. If one is able to trade, that would be more than enough to learn; if not - then there is no point to spend time trying to explain. In my understanding what is in the movie is a tip of the iceberg where the bottom is your actual experience. The only way to get that is to experience it ourself . You did it yourself, so shell we. I like your attitude, that maybe the best lesson i've acquired from you. Happy trading!

P.S. windows media player 10 plays it perfectly.

Hey guys and girls, here is the trading video for today.

Did a mistake today that put my mind into safe mode and prevented me from trading all day. There is more explenation about it in the video.

Either way there was 3 valid buys today and 2 where winners and 1 was breakeven, as market viggled me out of my position.

So total gains of 40tick, 36 tick after commissions.

But i ended up with -8 ticks, i know it sounds stupid, but more about it in the video.

Will upload a new one tomorow, hopefully with some more disipline and
better results.

Link:MyOtherDrive.com | Bashir N | Mandag 13.04

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey guys and girls, here is the trading video for today.

Did a mistake today that put my mind into safe mode and prevented me from trading all day. There is more explenation about it in the video.

Either way there was 3 valid buys today and 2 where winners and 1 was breakeven, as market viggled me out of my position.

So total gains of 40tick, 36 tick after commissions.

But i ended up with -8 ticks, i know it sounds stupid, but more about it in the video.

Will upload a new one tomorow, hopefully with some more disipline and
better results.

Link:MyOtherDrive.com | Bashir N | Mandag 13.04

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey Bashir,

Nice to see you again. Was on holiday last week so was not able to comment on all the new stuff of yours. Looks good! I'm still trading the YM not on the old method but made some changes which works fine now. Ill take a look at your ''new'' style of trading today. Always interested stuff of yours.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey Bashir,

Nice to see you again. Was on holiday last week so was not able to comment on all the new stuff of yours. Looks good! I'm still trading the YM not on the old method but made some changes which works fine now. Ill take a look at your ''new'' style of trading today. Always interested stuff of yours.

Thanks for sharing.

Hey Sebastian, good to know you are alive and kicking :)

Im glad to hear you are doing well, i am doing okey myself but recently had some
disicpline problems that i am working on.

Anyways, lets catch up whenever you get the time.

Talk you later m8

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir

Thanks for the vids. They cover a gazillion posts.

I'm not convinced eliminating the 3min chart is such a good idea. But then you did say it helps you stay calm -- okay.

On the other hand, you want to keep the chart lengths to the same order of magnitude as the timeframe of the your trades. Then lower order chart lengths (3, 5min) should provide a forward indication to your normal runtime trades (like say 10min or thereabouts).

Also if I understand you correctly, the S/R levels which you consider appear to be somewhat inaccurate. I don't see how one could intentionally pick the utmost correct levels; it's in fact impossible I would say. How much error do you consider in determing S/R? From the video it looks as if you go on gut feeling.

Hi bnaimy,

Thanks for sharing your system. I have a questions about your system. What are the the stop loss and profit target you are using in this NQ system ?

Hi bnaimy,

Thanks for sharing your system. I have a questions about your system. What are the the stop loss and profit target you are using in this NQ system ?

Hi dvonne, the profits targets are set this way:

Stop is always 10ticks pr contract

First target is 4 ticks
Then you move your stop to -2 ticks, this way you are in ZERO risk, and even if the trades does not work out, you wont loose anyting and the 2 ticks will cover the comission. The idea is to use the markets money to gain a profit after your first target, you are then risking the markets money, not your own.As long as you get in a lvel that is halfgood, you will get your first target at least, and be out of danger.

Second target is 16 ticks.

So you risk 20 to get 20, the win ratio is very high, so that is a good reward to risk.

The same thing if you where trading 4 contracts i would do it this way.

Stop -10 ticks
First target +4
Then go to breakeven -2
Second target is then 12 ticks.
When second target is hit, then move stop from -2 to BREAKEVEN at entry level.
That way you have locked 20ticks
Last target is then +20ticks.

Use this way of thinking, and never let a good trade turn into a looser, because you dident cover some. Take whatever the market gives you and do it gracefully :)

This way you are grabbing more profits as market is moving in your favor, with 3 scaling out, you can get more of the market and even if its a halfgood trade, you will get your second target, and just go brreakeven on the last one.

I will try to get a few more videos out and explain some more about this.

I had some personal problems and havent been trading that much, as trading when your mind is thinking of something else is not a good idea.

Hopefully my mind is clear and calm now, so lets see how today is, yesterday was a rangebound chopp party after that big fall.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Systems

Hi Bashir,
First I want to than k you for all te time you have put in here explaining your systems.
I am a fan of using stochastics on 89 tick charts for the ym and using 3, 5 and 10 minute charts for confirmation. I am looking for 1 more confirming piece of evidence that the trade is going to go the way I think it will and your systems seem to fit the bill.
Why did you switch from the ym to the nq? I really have never followed the nq mostly just emini ym and sp. I have been in the room and is it the case where people can only here your voice and not the other person you are talking to? Or am I not configured right? Anyway wishing you great success and I will continue to follow.
Thanks Again,
Doug

I am just curious.. after you published your systems to the whole wide world... is it still working ? have you ever had a suspicion that some trades which previously worked for you suddenly started to move sideways?

you regarded your trading as a job. moreover a business... if you had a shop would you write wholesale prices next to retail ones?

are you a philontropist? or is it just north european ease of life?

Hi Bashir,
First I want to than k you for all te time you have put in here explaining your systems.
I am a fan of using stochastics on 89 tick charts for the ym and using 3, 5 and 10 minute charts for confirmation. I am looking for 1 more confirming piece of evidence that the trade is going to go the way I think it will and your systems seem to fit the bill.
Why did you switch from the ym to the nq? I really have never followed the nq mostly just emini ym and sp. I have been in the room and is it the case where people can only here your voice and not the other person you are talking to? Or am I not configured right? Anyway wishing you great success and I will continue to follow.
Thanks Again,
Doug

Hi Doug, the reason i have moved from YM to NQ, is that the NQ is alot calmer and i can use smaller stops then i can in on the YM. I am using 10tick stop on the NQ.

THe NQ also moves very similer to the ES as well, but i like the way NQ moves, just a personal preference. Another reason is that the volume is higher on the NQ then on the YM, so i get less spikes on the NQ.

The reason you are only able to hear me and it sounds like i am talking to someone else, thats because i am talking to a few friends that i trade with on skype. So its nothing wrong with your pc buddy. I am always letting everyone know when i go long or short. But recently i have been having some disipline problems that i need to work on, its really making my results weak as i cant seem to follow my own rules at times, and i tend to get to emotional . So i am trying to read up on a few books and just hammer the rules into my head again, and get back in the game.

So if you hear me getting all annoyed and messing up good trades, then you know i am getting emotional lol

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you in the room, and hopefully i will get my iner demons under controll soon.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I am just curious.. after you published your systems to the whole wide world... is it still working ? have you ever had a suspicion that some trades which previously worked for you suddenly started to move sideways?

you regarded your trading as a job. moreover a business... if you had a shop would you write wholesale prices next to retail ones?

are you a philontropist? or is it just north european ease of life?

Hi Maxima, the system is still working as far as i know, but it requires ALOT of disisple and thats not easy. But i have checked it a few times and it still seems to work, the reason i moved away from it, is because its just to demanind to look at all those charts and indicators,and in the long term it would have driven me crazy. But the first method is still profitable yes.

I regard my trading as a job AND a business, its the way i make my living.
I understand what you mean with your "wholesale and retail prices"..but there is one thing you must understand, sharing my method is not going to hurt me, and let me tell you why.

There are thousands of ways to trade the markets, and the combinations are endless, and then it also comes to the individual person as well.

You can give the method to 1 million different people, and you will get 1 million different results. There will be only a very few people who follow it to the point ,cause we are not mindless machines that just follow rules as they are writen. So i dont worrie about a method not working because alof of people use it. I would rather be happy cause it MAKES the method work even better, as there will be more people shorting at the same level, and it will become a self forfilling prophacy, just like fibonachi numbers.

The reason the first method is not as effective recently , is because market is very news driven, and its moving rapid to the next level without doing those normal retracements like we used to see. And i am pretty sure when things calm down we should return back to normal. Until then i am using price action to trade ,as i find that alot easyer and calmer way of trading, with less stress.

Yes, i would call myself a philontropist, cause i tend to think on my own, and i have never been the type of person that would follow the crowd. I think every seriouse trader is a philontropist and somone who have strong beliefs and have the courage to go for what he wants in life.

Trading is not a easy profession and calling it " ease of life" is in my opinion is a insult . And life is not as easy as you make it sound in europe maxima, people still work and struggle to pay the bills here like any other place on earth.But its true, we do try to take it alittle more easy, cause life is not all about chassing after money. There are things that are more importent in life then money.And you should know better then to write something like this here.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bnaimy;
All of this is a great contribution to traders. Do you know where I might find a download for TS for Woddies EMA?
Thank you,
Margery

Hi, to everyone who wants to know how i trade and want to follow my trades and learn to trade without all the bs all over the internett then i suggest coming to
my palktalk daytrading room and listen in while i trade.

There are also many other traders there that you can chitchat with, the room is open to everyone and free. I am personaly getting to busy with trading and life, and cant spend alot of time on the forum anymore like i would want to. So the room is the best channel of learning new traders how to trade.

I am only trading the Emini NQ, and i will only be giving out call of that, and the calls i call out are the trades i take myself. IF anyone wants to follow them then they are free to do so, anyone trading other markets are free to come as well. Its basicly a place to gather and share and learn.

Link: Browse or search for free chat rooms - Paltalk

With you all a great weekend.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

Would you say this sort of trading is scalable to smaller account sizes?

If you had say $3k, would the trip costs associated make it still feasible to trade sort term, probably with just the 1 contract?

Also, do you have any recommended ways of paper trading the NQ through sc? Does infinity futures provide a paper trading facility?

Regards,

memmer