Indicators for emini S&P 500 ES

gz1

Hey all,

As you can tell I'm quite to new to this site and futures trading for that matter. At this moment I'm interested in ES emini and am learning the "ropes." I'm currently in the process of setting up my chart and indicators - right now I'm using the 1min chart (basically attempting a scalping strategy) and do not want to be in for more than 30min on average. Right now I've got my indicators as MACD, stochastics, triple moving average, and momentum indicator. Right now I'm using the standard setup that came with my trading platform except for stochastic. Right now, I've set stochastic oscillator to FASTK period 3, Slow K period 10, slow D period 10, MAT type for all is SMA. I'm asking anyone for advice out there - what indicators do you use for ES emini and what setting would you set for 1min chart - i.e. setting for stochastics, MACD and any others you use. Thanks! :)

Personally I feel the 1min is too messy to try trade, I use the 5min candles along with the 15min, it takes away a lot of the noise from the smaller time frames.

You should also look into pivot points which is a favorite of many ES traders.