Starting out trading the Emini with emini-watch.com

asimpleplan

OK, after several false starts over the years I'm having another go at trading the emini.

I think I have the basic idea of what I need to try and do in the following months.

My plan relies on the indicators from this guy: emini-watch , who I think will be familiar to some people on here. Hopefully, with these indicators I'll be able to move forward, learn more, and become more comfortable with trading the ES but, of course, thinking and doing are two very different things.

I know there are still gaps in my knowledge but I'm hoping with patience and persistence I can get through the barriers.

So, these are the various issues I'm facing:

-What is best way to trade the emini? Spreadbet, CFD, hold contract outright?
-What is the minimum I need to trade? I read somewhere £2-5K, but I also read £30K??
-I'm using Ninjatrader to start off with because it's free and perhaps I can move to other software further down the road.
-I haven't actually tested emini-watch's system yet. I'll probably have to buy the indicators and work from there although I did see someone had posted the scripting for his indicators somewhere. He seems to have a reasonable following and I haven't read anything negative about him although he doesn't tend to reply emails from newbs – LOL.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator: