Tradestation emini setup

mrtarzan

Please could anyone help me with the setting up of Tradestation TS200i so that I can trade the S&P eminis.
Have looked at many forums , but can only find advise on trading the eminis – only after the setup has been done. I want to use TS200i with esignal and IB. Thanks

Not sure why you would want to use the 10 year old 2000i program with eSignal any more.

There are many reasons why including Radarscreen which eSignal doesn't have.

Paul

If you can open account with $5,000 and trade 10 R/T trades a month, TS8 is free. That said, although I never did it, I know it's possible to link TS2000i to live data stream. I believe ESignal will know how to do that. Did you ask them? If not, there is old TS2000i forum out there somewhere and probably this is covered in that. Or try google searching the question? It definitely can be done.

Please could anyone help me with the setting up of Tradestation TS200i so that I can trade the S&P eminis.
Have looked at many forums , but can only find advise on trading the eminis – only after the setup has been done. I want to use TS200i with esignal and IB. Thanks

I use this setup. Esignal has a free plugin for the Tradestation Globalerver.
This gives you a live data feed and lots of historical data for downloading.

The only problem I currently have is that the esignal data feed sometimes lags the IB quotes, which adds to risk. However I don't see many others complaining about lag, so presumably it's not universal.

Glenn

Glenn, Tradestation recently put out a report about lagging because they have been going through a bad patch with data recently - and being upfront about it too. But in the report they mentioned that most of the queries/complaints they get about it are due to individual computer configuration. There are sites that can test your connection etc. whose links I have lost, but the bottom line is there are quite a few ways that one's own computer setup can cause lagging. That doesn't mean the feed isn't having problems, simply that often - although it seems that way - it's not the feed.

I have dialup and rarely have problems since I receive fills often within less than a second of the price being hit. So if I can do that with dialup....

Glenn, Tradestation recently put out a report about lagging because they have been going through a bad patch with data recently - and being upfront about it too. But in the report they mentioned that most of the queries/complaints they get about it are due to individual computer configuration. There are sites that can test your connection etc. whose links I have lost, but the bottom line is there are quite a few ways that one's own computer setup can cause lagging. That doesn't mean the feed isn't having problems, simply that often - although it seems that way - it's not the feed.

I have dialup and rarely have problems since I receive fills often within less than a second of the price being hit. So if I can do that with dialup....

Hi Ash
The lags I get are from Esignal, not Tradestation.
If I run Tradestation using IB data I get no lags.

Glenn