Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Bashir,

Sorry if this has laready been answered - let's say every indicator lines up, yet the price remains a long way above (or below, but the wrong side of) the 20ema of the 30 min chart (so it's likely to be a big turning point if it happens) - wold you remain out of the trade, even though that resistance would be much further way than the profit target.

I'd assume it's all about probability, and the more they ALL line up the better - just interested in your experience.

Cheers,
UTB

Hi Blades, i am glad you asked that question, and a valid on to.
If all indicators was lines u but price was on the wrong side, i would take the trade, but only if ther was enough big of a gab so that i woul get my profit targets with a good margin, if my target is 20 ticks and next support is at 25 i would not take that trade, cause thats juts to close, if target is 20 and gap is around 40 i would take it.But iwould go very light, u see price does not always go right at the support, sometimes it gets close and then turns arounds and tanks. So basicly the bigger the gap the better, and i would fell safer taking that trade.

But i would take trades like that, iIF gap is good and all indicators are yelling buy, and u are right, usualy that is a big turnarooun,if u do 2 contracts,sell 1 at +20 and trail the last ,who knows u might get a +100 ticks on the last contracts.

Wit kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Blades, i am glad you asked that question, and a valid on to.
If all indicators was lines u but price was on the wrong side, i would take the trade, but only if ther was enough big of a gab so that i woul get my profit targets with a good margin, if my target is 20 ticks and next support is at 25 i would not take that trade, cause thats juts to close, if target is 20 and gap is around 40 i would take it.But iwould go very light, u see price does not always go right at the support, sometimes it gets close and then turns arounds and tanks. So basicly the bigger the gap the better, and i would fell safer taking that trade.

But i would take trades like that, iIF gap is good and all indicators are yelling buy, and u are right, usualy that is a big turnarooun,if u do 2 contracts,sell 1 at +20 and trail the last ,who knows u might get a +100 ticks on the last contracts.

Wit kind regards
Bashir Naimy

thanks for the response Bashir,

You mention 20 tick targets, but prevously I believe you talked about 15 ticks - d you vary this based on volitility?

took a failed "play" trade begining 15:09 (Uk time), so 39 mins after the open - exited 1519. Did you take this?

The shame is that the entry could have been earlier (possible before open) but for the 20sma on the 30 min chart keeping me out - this would have been profitbale.

Cheers,
UTB

thanks for the response Bashir,

You mention 20 tick targets, but prevously I believe you talked about 15 ticks - d you vary this based on volitility?

took a failed "play" trade begining 15:09 (Uk time), so 39 mins after the open - exited 1519. Did you take this?

The shame is that the entry could have been earlier (possible before open) but for the 20sma on the 30 min chart keeping me out - this would have been profitbale.

I have done 3 trades and im up 120 ticks = 600 usd. each time i dide 2 contracts. so a good day so far. Will take a break and see if i can do more trades after lunch time, i dont trade when its lunch time here, volume drops and things get messy.

Cheers,
UTB

I am only lookin at the YM, and if you took a long at that time you would have made alot of money, and u had 3 more trades right after that.Dide you take a short? Cause everything was pointing up and you should have taken a long when price was above all resistance ?

From what i look at any longs after 39 min after opening would hav been winner, no matter what where u bought it, i change my targets depending on volatlity, but i am now having +15 + 30 with 2 contracts, since trading range is not that much.

WIth regard
Bashir naimy

I am only lookin at the YM, and if you took a long at that time you would have made alot of money, and u had 3 more trades right after that.Dide you take a short? Cause everything was pointing up and you should have taken a long when price was above all resistance ?

From what i look at any longs after 39 min after opening would hav been winner, no matter what where u bought it, i change my targets depending on volatlity, but i am now having +15 + 30 with 2 contracts, since trading range is not that much.

WIth regard
Bashir naimy

Bashir,

I'm following the ym too.

Agreed, a short looks arther isoltaed at that time, but non the less it passed the rule 100%, I believe?

Didn't see any longs before, wasn't the price below the moving averageges on the 1 min chart?, but a profitable long has just completed, if you went against the 30min stoch.

Re the exits - I thought the 1st 2 contracts exited at +15, and the 3rd was taken out by the 20EMA on the 1 min?

It would be useful if you would post when you think trades should have been made, even if you didn't take them. I'm talking about looking backwards - so that the rules can be aligned with yours.

Thanks for your input, really appreciated.

Cheers,
Rich

Bashir,

I'm following the ym too.

Agreed, a short looks arther isoltaed at that time, but non the less it passed the rule 100%, I believe?

Didn't see any longs before, wasn't the price below the moving averageges on the 1 min chart?, but a profitable long has just completed, if you went against the 30min stoch.

Re the exits - I thought the 1st 2 contracts exited at +15, and the 3rd was taken out by the 20EMA on the 1 min?

It would be useful if you would post when you think trades should have been made, even if you didn't take them. I'm talking about looking backwards - so that the rules can be aligned with yours.

Thanks for your input, really appreciated.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi blades,from what i see on my chart, there was no valid short there at all, cause 10min slow stochastisc was pointing up, so u cant go short when that is going up.
39 mins into the trade the slow stochastics was pointing and price was working its way above all resistance .

When it comes to profit taking, if you do 3 contracts u are right to sell 2 at +15, but the second u can trail or take out at +30 or +40 depends all on you, but i never use the 20expon ma as a place to target on the last car, and its not a part of the method. THe 20expon ma is place to buy retracements, not taking profits.

I have attached a chart where i illustrate this .

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 567
Hi blades,from what i see on my chart, there was no valid short there at all, cause 10min slow stochastisc was pointing up, so u cant go short when that is going up.
39 mins into the trade the slow stochastics was pointing and price was working its way above all resistance .

When it comes to profit taking, if you do 3 contracts u are right to sell 2 at +15, but the second u can trail or take out at +30 or +40 depends all on you, but i never use the 20expon ma as a place to target on the last car, and its not a part of the method. THe 20expon ma is place to buy retracements, not taking profits.

I have attached a chart where i illustrate this .

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

I think my problem is the definition of "pointing up"....

It appeared to be a turning point, and at the point of entry the slow stoch figure was above the figure at the last bar, though there's clearly no overall trend up.

I agree on the subsequent longs. Just need to calibrate terms like;

"if the 3 min hooks up, use the 50ema" - at what point is a hook up?
"10min stoch must point up" - is this a little more than one bar being higher than next?

Thanks again,
UTB

All winners today.

Short at 14.57 at 9435 for quick +15
Long at 15.20 at 9473 +15
Long at 15.32 at 9518 +15 +25

Bashir,

I think my problem is the definition of "pointing up"....

It appeared to be a turning point, and at the point of entry the slow stoch figure was above the figure at the last bar, though there's clearly no overall trend up.

I agree on the subsequent longs. Just need to calibrate terms like;

"if the 3 min hooks up, use the 50ema" - at what point is a hook up?
"10min stoch must point up" - is this a little more than one bar being higher than next?

Thanks again,
UTB

Hi blades, what i mean with 10min stochastics is hooking up, it just means that those two lines have crossed and are now slooping up, i have attached a picture to illustrate.
I dont know why you mention bars here, bars have nothing to do with how i look at slow stochastics, ill will try to explain.

Please look at the picture, it have comments that will explain, let me know if
things still look confussing, i will try again.:)

With regards
bashir Naimy

Attachments

• hooks.jpg
    hooks.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 512
All winners today.

Clicksta,

Your short at 14.57, there was no pullback to the 20ema, do you not use this rule?

Cheers,
UTB

All winners today.

Way to go Clicsta, i am glad you are doing so well.
That first trade was very risky and not something u should do againt, will work someimes but will in the end
bite you back in the ass.

Keep it up.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Last edited:
Clicksta,

Your short at 14.57, there was no pullback to the 20ema, do you not use this rule?

Cheers,
UTB

Sometimes blade there is suport before price reaches th 20expon ma, today the pivots are very close and will give support, its still a valid buy, and i should have mentione that in the method,sorry about that, i think thats what clicsta dide.
Sometimes the price have support on 1 of the 20expon on the other timeframes before it reaches the 20expon ma.

The first trade was kinda risky tand not withing the rules, so bad clicsta, nothing u should do again okey m8. The two others where perfect trades and was within the rule, there was no retracemtns to the 20expon ma,since there was support before it would reach there.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Last edited:
Blades, No. I'm confused with all these rules. To my knowledge there are 2 official methods and I am using the 2nd method. Only using 1 3 10 and 30 charts. All got stochs on. I just wait when the 10min stoch (The chief) and the 3min stoch (The captain) line up and take it when it breaks the resistance on all timeframes. Would be good to have the 30min stoch (The chairman) onboard but I look for quicker exits. I have found that you mustn't get spooked when 1min or 3min go overbought whilst the 10min is still pushing up. Just earlier today, when the market rallied from 15.20pm GMT to 15.50pm, the 1min stoch and 3min stoch remained overbought. I bailed early. Then once the 10min stoch becomes overbought, then all bets are off. Then I'm either waiting for a short (10 min stoch) pushing down, but price needs to break support or I wait for it to hook back up outside of the overbought zone, like I am waiting for it to do that now and price bounce off 10min 20ma.

Hi blades, what i mean with 10min stochastics is hooking up, it just means that those two lines have crossed and are now slooping up, i have attached a picture to illustrate.
I dont know why you mention bars here, bars have nothing to do with how i look at slow stochastics, ill will try to explain.

Please look at the picture, it have comments that will explain, let me know if
things still look confussing, i will try again.:)

With regards
bashir Naimy

I was using bars as reference pts on the price graph, then comparinh the slow stoch lne at the two pts - if the nuumber is rising then it is "pointing up"......

but having read this post, Isee you look for a cross of the faster line through the slow, and this pointing up (irrespective of the slow lie) can beclassed as "pointing up"? This will enter sooner than I have been - which is fair enough.

Actually my refernce to "hooking us" was re yur video, whene you say if the 3min is hooking up, wait for a pullback to the 50ema, as the 20 wont hold. Are you referring to price, or stoch, on the 3 min - and any examples of this "hooking up"? This can alter entry points significantly, wouldn't you agree?

Once again, thanks,
UTB

Thins have calmed down and i am now using 20 tick stops now and when doing two conctracts i do +15 +25 so risk to reward is 1/1 now.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

I was using bars as reference pts on the price graph, then comparinh the slow stoch lne at the two pts - if the nuumber is rising then it is "pointing up"......

but having read this post, Isee you look for a cross of the faster line through the slow, and this pointing up (irrespective of the slow lie) can beclassed as "pointing up"? This will enter sooner than I have been - which is fair enough.

Actually my refernce to "hooking us" was re yur video, whene you say if the 3min is hooking up, wait for a pullback to the 50ema, as the 20 wont hold. Are you referring to price, or stoch, on the 3 min - and any examples of this "hooking up"? This can alter entry points significantly, wouldn't you agree?

Once again, thanks,
UTB

Hi blades, i will check the video again, if i have sayed that when 3min is hooking up and then wait for price to reach 50ma, then i have made a mistake in the video,cause that is not right, it should be the 20expon not the 50ma.Only when 3min stoch is doing down u would buy it at 50ma.

I refer to the price getting closer to the 50ma on the 1min chart, wen talking about pullbacks.
When the 3min is hooking up you would idealy look for a retracement to the 20expon ma, NOT the 50ma, when 3min stoch is going down. then u want a retracement to the 50ma. I will rechech the video and reupload a new one.

But we dont live in a ideal world, and sometimes when price is going up, and we want it to go the 20expon and then take a long, but sometimes it will find support sooner one on of the other 20expon ma that is closer, so u would go long there.

I know the video must have made alot of people confusse,i will watch it again and solve the problem.And also add a new one, that will take care of places where the retracement to the 20expn ma, dont accure.

WIth regards
bashir naimy

Since 11:18 american time, there have not been any trades that are valid, we are now in a sideways marked with chopp. Just wait for price to find a direction above or below.

Things look like we ill have a rally at the end, i cant see how it can go true all the support below. Anyways, if u are trading now, u are being naughty :mad:

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hello Bashir.

Just a quick note of thanks for your continued support for those of us interested in your method. I also daytrade the YM during US hours.

kind regards:

Lou

There should be a valid short at 9540 on the 10 min once it breaks the 20ma support

it did break through, but has now retraced to 9567. This would have been a loser, yes?

Cheers,
UTB

PS -did you see my not about your earleir short not retracing the the 20ema - any thoughts?

Cheers,
UTB

Yes, it broke 9540 at 12.42, but 1min and 3min stoch were oversold and 10min stoch was pushing down