Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Bashir,

I would allow for spread in any calc (so add it), though I must say I'm not a short term trader......yet

I've held portfolio's of shares from weeks to months, using fundamentals for signals, and technicals (fibs, s/r) for entry exit.

Needless to say I'm moving away from that in the present climate, and looking at short term strats such as this. Anything I ask is by way of question, and certainly not advice...:)

A further queston - the pivots you eyeballl - they are from 10 minute bars, and not the previous days range, are they?

UTB

PS - looking at the chart, good thing you don't add spread - looks like it turned bang on target?

Hey m8, yeah are right was realy lucky there and got my target right before it rushed back up, was really tempted to get out early, but was stubborn : :D

And the pivots are for the current day and i always look at them , so i don mess around when its close to there. And i dont use previouse day pivots.

How have your day been so far ?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

this last trade is the final one, will not make any more trade sfor today, o waiting to get filled at 9550 with a buy stops. :eek:

That's what I also see and waiting for. Am getting there...phew!
9545 is my buy stop, above all resistance

For anyone who wants to do a pullback but are not sure how many ticks above to buy, what u can do is to change the 20expon in the 1min to a 15expon ma, that way u just buy it when it hits the 15expon exactly,and that is alot easyer way of doing it.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

That's what I also see and waiting for. Am getting there...phew!
9545 is my buy stop, above all resistance

Looks like we wont get it , looks weak, just wait another 15min, usualy there is a rally at 15:00 usa time. Either down or up.

With regards
Bashir NAimy

And the pivots are for the current day :
you mean calculted from the current days OHLC? And not the previous 10 min bar ( I think you suggested having them on this chart)?

How have your day been so far ?

Just papertrading fella, so no real emotion attached (well, I play trade that lost a few quid:confused:)........

Keep posting the trades would you? Interesting to see how you view things at each point, and helps clarify the rules somewhat. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
UTB

you mean calculted from the current days OHLC? And not the previous 10 min bar ( I think you suggested having them on this chart)?

Just papertrading fella, so no real emotion attached (well, I play trade that lost a few quid:confused:)........

Keep posting the trades would you? Interesting to see how you view things at each point, and helps clarify the rules somewhat. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
UTB

hey bud, its just auto pivots, how they are calculated i dont know:D
I dont really know if they calc that from yesterdays number,most likely yesterday numbers maybe. But i do use them on a 10min chart, i also have them on the 3min,sometimes i forget to look at 10min and mess up, so i have at the 3min chart to just to remind me all the time :D
I will do post all trades as best as i can, wil be alittle delay since i do the trade and then post.

WIth regards
Bashir Naimy

When it comes to the tick chart u do the same, so a 144tick would be multiplied with 10x, so it will become a 1440 tick chart.

Still uploading this freaking video,3 hours and im still waiting for it to be done, think i made it to big.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Naimy its hurd to see on your video what SMA EMA you use on 1 min chart. can you write them.
Do you have better winings rate with 2 contracts vs 3.
Thanks.
Happy trading
vit.

Short 9485, looking for +15 points. 1 car only .

Finaly trade for the day, hopefully not a failed one lol :cheesy:

Yaii got +15,im not gonna strech my luck for today, cya all tomorow.
If any questions let me know and i will post replyes.

Hi Naimy its hurd to see on your video what SMA EMA you use on 1 min chart. can you write them.
Do you have better winings rate with 2 contracts vs 3.
Thanks.
Happy trading
vit.

If the trade is executed he rigth way , success rate should be the same,
With 3 u sell 2 at +15 and second at +30 or trail, OR u can sell 1 at +10 then +15 then +35 think thats better maybe for 3, faster to lower risk .U are more flexible with 3 cars, but 2 is good to . With two u can sell at either +15+ 25 or +15 +20, i recommnd now using +10 + 30, if u are using 20 tick stop, cause risk reward is 1/1

On the 1min use 50simple ma, 100simple ma, 89expoential ma, and 20expon ma(change it to 15expon ma, if you want to have a easyer time to do pullbacks.)

ANd a slow stochastics.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Last edited:
bnaimy

Just curious why you were only trading 1 car. Is it solely because 30min stochs not with you or because of low volume chop today?

How do you go about adjusting your targets and stops throughout the day. You realize after 30mins what kind of day were going to have?

Good pm All.

My first day watching YM with this method.What a nice return!

I saw 8 trades, 2 after 1430 (Central US) time.All 8 exceeded 35 points each, with one over 100 points. (6 longs and 2 shorts)

I look forward to trying this real time.

thanks Bashir.

cheers,

Lou

bnaimy

Just curious why you were only trading 1 car. Is it solely because 30min stochs not with you or because of low volume chop today?

How do you go about adjusting your targets and stops throughout the day. You realize after 30mins what kind of day were going to have?

Whenever the 30min is going up and 10 going down, there is usualy small moves and marked acts weird, it goes up and down alot, when both are on the same side, either both up or both down, marked seems to go heavly in that direction and break most support or resistance, thats what i ahve noticed after months of watching the marked.

Reason i only dide 1 car at the end was very simple, i had allready gotten good profits early in the trading session, i dide 3 trades with 2 cars each time, and i was not willing to give it back by doing chopp trades, so i was going smaller and risking less, and it worked out very well.

When you have meet your daily goal , and min is 500 now, i always go very light rest of the day, i see no reason to risk it and give it all back ,Nothing is more frustrating then giving ur hard earned money back and sit there with nothing after sitting infront of the screen for hours and hours :cry:

And the volume is low to, i usualy move my profit targets around.
Reason is that when price movment gets lower i dont have a good success rate of getting those higher targets , tthen i try for lower targets and lower stops.

The good thing is that when ur targets are lower then usualy ur stops are lower to, so those two go hand in hand.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Good pm All.

My first day watching YM with this method.What a nice return!

I saw 8 trades, 2 after 1430 (Central US) time.All 8 exceeded 35 points each, with one over 100 points. (6 longs and 2 shorts)

I look forward to trying this real time.

thanks Bashir.

cheers,

Lou

Hey Lou, good to know what u like it .I know there are alot of trades to be had, but in reality i think if u manage to snag 3 -4 of them u should be happy.

Cause when ur sitting there, u will sometimes secon guess ur self and not take the trade cause dont look good. But if u have the disipline and the stamina then u can of course do all 8, but u will get burned out very fast, espesciall if u are doing this fulltime.

But then again, i dont know you personaly and that might not be a problem for you, but for me it gets to be alittle to much to do 8 trades a day.I would not make it a month of i dide 8 :D Maybe i am just a puss :cheesy:

Anyways, please keep use all updated on your progress m8, nothing is more exicing then to see a fellow trader succed in this profession.

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi bnaimy

Just want to say thankyou so much for making a video!!

Its really nice of you to take the time to create them, and also sharing your Strategy with us!!

Quick question, on your 10min chart you say you have piviot points, where can I get them? N.B I use tradestation.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Hi bnaimy

Just want to say thankyou so much for making a video!!

Its really nice of you to take the time to create them, and also sharing your Strategy with us!!

Quick question, on your 10min chart you say you have piviot points, where can I get them? N.B I use tradestation.

Thanks again for all your help :)

Hi newt24, you are welcome.
I am sure you must have some sort of autopivots in tradestation, i am not sure if they call them autopivots in tradestart, since i am not using it. I am using sierra charts and that btw cost me 24 usd pr month. And the feed i get for free from my broker.

Check in the tradestation forums, i am sure someone there must know something about how to add pivots to the charts, or maybe someone else on this forum.Sorry i couldnt be of more help.

With kind regars
Bashir Naimy

Tomorow i will post a complete video that will contain all the rules and what charts to use and indicators to use and trading examples and exeptions that might happens sometimes and some general trading rules.

I tryed to do it today, but after the 3'rd attempt with my ****ty recording software, i gave up. will use camstudio tomorow and hopefully with better success, almost lost my voice talking to much into the darn mic,had to do it all 3 times :eek:

Good night and sweet dreams to you all :sleep:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Tomorow i will post a complete video that will contain all the rules and what charts to use and indicators to use and trading examples and exeptions that might happens sometimes and some general trading rules.

I tryed to do it today, but after the 3'rd attempt with my ****ty recording software, i gave up. will use camstudio tomorow and hopefully with better success, almost lost my voice talking to much into the darn mic,had to do it all 3 times :eek:

Good night and sweet dreams to you all :sleep:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I look forward too it Bnaimy! (y)

Thanks for your efforts! great post