Grey1 Swing Trades

leovirgo said:
URRE will be listed on NDQ as of tomorrow.

Leovirgo-how does the share price gets affected (generally) with the share getting listed on a different exchange?

rajibde said:
Leovirgo-how does the share price gets affected (generally) with the share getting listed on a different exchange?
Rajibde

It was trading on the over-the-counter bulletin board (OB). Trading on the Nasdaq increases its visibility and liquidity.

Initially this might act as a dampner on price because those shareholders who have been wishing to cash in their holdings or exercise options can now do so more readily.

If you look at the charts for yesterday and today you will see quite a range of around 10% yesterday and some significant swings possibly due to these early profit-taking opportunities being exercised. However looking beyond this the level was maintained closing at the same price as opening $10.

Today started with similar swings but the price is now settling in the same area as yesterday. At the time of writing 13.09 US Eastern time there has been a small decline, but it appears to be recovering now and I would expect price to end the day very much as it started around $10. The spread has now narrowed compared to yesterday as the price has found its level and the buying and selling pressures have stabilised.

To return more directly to your question - as Grey1 pointed out this appears to be a strong sector and I would expect the increased exposure on Nasdaq to see a gradual and sustained increase in price.

The only word of caution is that some analysts feel that the company needs to cut production costs and it remains to be seen how influential this view is at this early stage of listing. Level 2 looks rather sluggish (indeed static) at the moment, so I don't think it will be until at least next week before we start to see more sustained movement, which I hope is the case as I have a few of these shares !!

PS: as this is my first posting in this forum I would like to thank Iraj for opening this forum to me and for sharing his knowledge with us

Charlton

Charlton said:
Rajibde

It was trading on the over-the-counter bulletin board (OB). Trading on the Nasdaq increases its visibility and liquidity.

Initially this might act as a dampner on price because those shareholders who have been wishing to cash in their holdings or exercise options can now do so more readily.

If you look at the charts for yesterday and today you will see quite a range of around 10% yesterday and some significant swings possibly due to these early profit-taking opportunities being exercised. However looking beyond this the level was maintained closing at the same price as opening $10.

Today started with similar swings but the price is now settling in the same area as yesterday. At the time of writing 13.09 US Eastern time there has been a small decline, but it appears to be recovering now and I would expect price to end the day very much as it started around $10. The spread has now narrowed compared to yesterday as the price has found its level and the buying and selling pressures have stabilised.

To return more directly to your question - as Grey1 pointed out this appears to be a strong sector and I would expect the increased exposure on Nasdaq to see a gradual and sustained increase in price.

The only word of caution is that some analysts feel that the company needs to cut production costs and it remains to be seen how influential this view is at this early stage of listing. Level 2 looks rather sluggish (indeed static) at the moment, so I don't think it will be until at least next week before we start to see more sustained movement, which I hope is the case as I have a few of these shares !!

PS: as this is my first posting in this forum I would like to thank Iraj for opening this forum to me and for sharing his knowledge with us

Charlton

Thanks a lot Charlton for your descriptive reply-helped me to build an understanding- currently the traders seem to be responding nicely to the stock (+21).

Happy trading!

Raj

rajibde said:
Thanks a lot Charlton for your descriptive reply-helped me to build an understanding- currently the traders seem to be responding nicely to the stock (+21).

Happy trading!

Raj
Raji

Yes - since my last post it's looking a lot more positive. I bought at 9.95 yesterday, but also another lot at 10.15 (average price 10.055), so I am just edging back to break-even at present, It's definitely holding up at present and looks like a promising start.

Charlton

Charlton said:
Raji

Yes - since my last post it's looking a lot more positive. I bought at 9.95 yesterday, but also another lot at 10.15 (average price 10.055), so I am just edging back to break-even at present, It's definitely holding up at present and looks like a promising start.

Charlton

I got in URRE a day before listing on NASDAQ. This stock along side MGA , PNP, FRG, URZ, EMU ( These are best of uranium in the secotr ) will be going places,, FRG was only $8 two month ago it is $14 now

If you hold to this stock it wont be long before you make at least 75% return on your investment in around 3 month

URZ up 9% today
PNP up 2 %
URRE up 2%
MGA up 5%

I have a pos on all above stocks other wise I would not mention it ..

if you are buying uranium please diversify and buy more than few stocks instead of putting all ur investment on 1 stock ,,

Attachments

• URRE.jpg
    URRE.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Grey1 said:
I got in URRE a day before listing on NASDAQ. This stock along side MGA , PNP, FRG, URZ, EMU ( These are best of uranium in the secotr ) will be going places,, FRG was only $8 two month ago it is $14 now

If you hold to this stock it wont be long before you make at least 75% return on your investment in around 3 month

URZ up 9% today
PNP up 2 %
URRE up 2%
MGA up 5%

if you are buying uranium please diversify and buy more than few stocks instead of putting all ur investment on 1 stock ,,

Thanks a lot Iraj- My trading platform is Uranium 'enriched' also :) I had entered URRE at 9.25 (thanks to you )

Raj

For a bit of diversification, have a look at the stocks in the Oil Well Services Industry Sector in the US. Quite a number of stocks are breaking 5 year highs.

rajibde said:
Thanks a lot Iraj- My trading platform is Uranium 'enriched' also :) I had entered URRE at 9.25 (thanks to you )

Raj
URRE up 5% ( 53C ) to day .. keep your eyes on FRG and MGA too. My entry for FRG on my long term portfolio is $8.10 ,, currently $14.41 .. URRE currently @ 10.32

Grey1

Grey1 said:
URRE up 5% ( 53C ) to day .. keep your eyes on FRG and MGA too. My entry for FRG on my long term portfolio is $8.10 ,, currently $14.41 .. URRE currently @ 10.32

Grey1
URRE up nearly 10 %

Those of you who are into uranium please look at SXR too .. SXR is an execllent stock on a pull back ...

please donot forget to diversify

A simple and reasonable portfolio in uranium should contain ( SXR,FRG ,MGA,URRE,URZ) wait for a pull back before getting in and leave the portfolio alone for few month

Grey1

Grey1 said:
URRE up nearly 10 %

Those of you who are into uranium please look at SXR too .. SXR is an execllent stock on a pull back ...

please donot forget to diversify

A simple and reasonable portfolio in uranium should contain ( SXR,FRG ,MGA,URRE,URZ) wait for a pull back before getting in and leave the portfolio alone for few month

Grey1
Bought few SXR @ a s****ty price . I made an error thinking SXR pulled back 40 C but I only found out when it was too late ,, Need glasses. I will close at the first sign of weakness 2morrow as I totally ,made a silly error

Attachments

• SXR.jpg
    SXR.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 25
Chinese Solar Stocks - Made some big moves Monday

Hi Grey1 and Technical Traders,

On Monday, Apr/16/07, JASO, SOLF, & TSL (China Solar Co's) and a Candian Solar CSIQ, all made huge moves of over 2 points today, and all with large increas in volume as well. Additional details are listed below:

SOLF = 4.4 points increase (closed at 17.68)
JASO = 3.2 Pt. Incr. (28.20)
TSL = 8.3 Pt. Incr. (68.60)
CSIQ = 2.8 Pt. Incr. (13.50)

JASO and then SOLF took my interest during mid day today, and I took a deeper look into what was going on. These may also be interesting Swings, since like Uranium, Solar is also about saving energy and keeping our atmosphere clean. Of particular interest was my research which lead me to a Briefing article dated Feb/2/07, which were all resent IPO's.

So I've attached this article, which is too lengthy to post here.

NasTrader

Attachments

• Solor stks, 4-16-07.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 28
Nastrader said:
Hi Grey1 and Technical Traders,

On Monday, Apr/16/07, JASO, SOLF, & TSL (China Solar Co's) and a Candian Solar CSIQ, all made huge moves of over 2 points today, and all with large increas in volume as well. Additional details are listed below:

SOLF = 4.4 points increase (closed at 17.68)
JASO = 3.2 Pt. Incr. (28.20)
TSL = 8.3 Pt. Incr. (68.60)
CSIQ = 2.8 Pt. Incr. (13.50)

JASO and then SOLF took my interest during mid day today, and I took a deeper look into what was going on. These may also be interesting Swings, since like Uranium, Solar is also about saving energy and keeping our atmosphere clean. Of particular interest was my research which lead me to a Briefing article dated Feb/2/07, which were all resent IPO's.

So I've attached this article, which is too lengthy to post here.

NasTrader
awesome Naz,

I look into that buddy

Grey1

Grey1 said:

URZ up 9% today
PNP up 2 %
URRE up 2%
MGA up 5%

Sold URRE abd SXR 1 min into open after weakness in the energy secotor .. No loss on SXR as I said I would but 1500 profit in URRE. My original uranium portfolio remains as it was with all pos opens .. The above two pos were closed as they were a 3 days swing trade. I have also shifted many of my Uranium portfolio to my other broker to be out the way for the next few month like the rest of them

Grey1

Grey1

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
Uranium up 8 % to day again . I closed my positions when it was 10 % up

Grey1

[
covered HLYS @ 27.70 Target was met much sooner than expected

I just shorted TECUA @ 10.07
covered TECUA @ 10.11 - 4c .. REASON FOR COVERING WAS UP WARD SPIKE FEW DAYS BACK ,,

GREY1