Simple 4H Swing trading +923 in 2 weeks

Miki256

A nice system I have been trading for 3 months.. gained me 50% on account so far :)
It is based mainly on price movement, and the fact that prices like to retrace to trending moving average and bounce from it, creating strong movements.

I also posted it on Swing Trading but no one seems to enter that forum...

Last 2 Weeks Results
GBPUSD: +212 pips
EURUSD: +712 pips

Charts
This system works on any charts; I prefer using it on 4H and 1H charts.
Be sure to backtest it before you try it on any other time frame.

Indicators
Only Bollinger(20)

Entry Rules
Entry is made after price bounces from Bollinger's Moving Average, when the Moving Average is trending (pointing up or down).
After price has bounced from MA (Created a bullish candle for long trades or bearish for short), place stop order 1 pip above the candle (for long) or below the candle (for short). Watch examples for clarifications.

Stop Loss
is 1 pip below low of the previous bar (for long trades), and 1 pip above high of previous bar + spread (for short trades).

Trailing Stop
This is what this system is all about.
Stop Loss is trailed to 1 pip below lowest low of last 4 bars (for long trades) and to 1 pip above highest high of last 4 bars (for short trades). Exits are done only by the trailing stop.

Money Management
I risk 2% of starting equity on each trade.

That's about it. More trades can be found at my blog, I also post weekly results there and live trades. Good trading everyone and lots of pips :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 830
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 661
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 584
By demanding that the MA is trendy (pointing strongly in one direction) the system filters a great deal of the range periods, as in most of ranges the Moving Average is flat.

I have back tested it for 6 months and it did very well. Test it yourself on other pairs ... or other commodities if you like..

Good trading :D

Weekly results were posted: +194 pips in one week.

EURUSD +94 pips
GBPUSD -84 pips
USDCHF +57 pips
USDJPY -73 pips
EURGBP +119 pips
EURJPY +40 pips (trade still running)
GBPCHF +41 pips

TOTAL +194 pips