Dow swing trades

I like this site, but you can not ignore facts.

If my calculations are right
out of 6400 members on this site over 50% have never actually made a post, 75% have made less than 9 posts.

If we do really care about newbies shouldn't we be encouraging new active members not scaring them away.?

Im not just talking about Soultrader, even though he has contributed more to this site in 24 hours than most have since t2w started.

Options,
Bit pompous and over the top old chap. If this fellow wants to share some of his ideas, regardless of how valid they are, he should be allowed to proceed unimpeded. As long as he is not trying to advertise something, I don't see what the problem is.

quint, and Mr Squad:

From your most recent posts it's obvious that you did not see the advertising which soultrader was doing - it was deleted off the site.

Options saw it before it was deleted, and posted accordingly.

Soultrader has three systems to sell and therefore I would like to suggest that as he is here selling something then he will definitely not be sharing any trading information, apart from the price.

His website homepage states:
"How would you like to earn £400 a day? How about £4000! Its [sic] possible, and its [sic] done every day by thousands of people around the world. Find Out How click Here."

Doesn't this sound like a get rich quick scheme to you?

That should definately be barred from this site and the sender should be warned, ultimately leading to them being f****d off.

Good point peedee,

perhaps banning him from site would have been the best option when he was found trying to sell his system.

But since t2w did not feel it necessary to do this, members had a right to hear what he had to say if they wanted to.

Hi Mr Squad, traders using this site should not be able to market thier " inventions " if they are trade marked and open to the general public. But what is stopping them giving false information when registering with T2W.

What i am trying to say is if a thread appears to be selling a system it is in the eye of the beholder, and up to the beholder to either ignore it or go along with it. I feel sorry for the moderators on this one.

"Definition of buy and hold is when you buy for £60 per share and it goes down to £20 a share. Time scales are anything from 1 day to x amount of years. Stop loss is calculated when your shares are worth 65P"

Peede.

Not extreme enough. Only thing wrong with the statement is the stop loss calculation. As an example; had some shares a while back for around 54. Was ill for a week while on holiday and couldn't even see a paper. Next time I looked, they were around 22. Too big a loss to take then. Now worth about 3 I think. I'll activate stoploss when they touch 90p
This was before all the online trading.

Skim.
Thank you for posting that. I would also point out to people that the moderators let far more go than I would if this were my site.
If the FSA saw someone posting trades with a view to getting people or persons to enter into a contractual situation, and that person was not regulated to do so. The FSA would not only take that person to task, but they would pull the plug on the site without warning and the site owners would be in trouble. Off the top of my head I can't remember how many financial related sites they have closed over the last few years and some with legal action pending, but I think it's around 40+

So, no, it's not nannying and yes, there is a need to act as system police. Just by using the ignore button on the posts and not reading that persons posts would not stop the authorities from closing this place down.

If people have trading idea's that work. I'm first in line to hear them. Even if they don't work. I still like to hear about them. They might need just a slight modification to work after all. There are trading systems that work. Corporates use them. You won't ever get the chance to use them though, and they work with the main criteria as risk management.
If someone comes up with a trading system that works even 70% of the time, of course I want to see it. Everyone on here would. Doesn't matter if it's a simple entry/exit system or a complicated computer program. When someone has one let me know. Backtesting results don't count though, and they have to work in all market conditions.

Options, i agree with what you say, but this is basically an open site to anybody who feels free, the problem is unfortunately unstopable. Read the thread and make what ever descisions you want then maybe just slag the b*****d to f**k, but if they are sneaky about thier intentions you may be the one who looks like a c**t, but i would definately agree with what you are saying.

Not sure whether to post or not as someone is bound to bite my head off but is it not odd that soultrader decided not to post any more soon after having the link to his site removed.

System police yes!

Thats why the owners of this site have moderators, who I presume have guidelines to deal with these sort of people.

They have also installed a "report this post to a moderator" button at the bottom of each post, presumably so ordinary members like ourselves can report any posts that they think are not in line with site rules.

Thats the problem we have got noggin,

You seem to get your head bitten off if you have a view that is not the norm, maybe that has something to do with more than half of the members of this site do not post messages.

We are all grown ups ( hopefully ), if something is posted, so what. We should all take our own point of view about the post, and get on with trading. We should not be so fickle in our ways.

wasnt this my post? - cant you all sod off and let me get on with it?

tut tut -

ps, if i wanted the sympathy vote i'd start crying about all the courses that have ripped me off (NOT) - cos id certainly get it then wouldnt i

oh, and neil - its sunday mate - go oil your zimmer and leave the traders to it

come on, click the 'report this post to moderator'

tell mummy what a bad boy i am and ill get my botty spanked

then ill just rejoin using one of the other 20 or so domain names ive got

waaaaaaaah waaaaaaaahh!!

Exasperation has finally caught up with me.
I realise that my passing will have no effect whatsoever on the overall scheme of things, but the majority of posts on what I thought was the creme de la creme of boards, where free speech and original thought was allowed, where we the members could decide if we wanted to respond to individual posts or not without some knowall deciding what is best for us ( the silent majority) obviously belong to the past, now we have self appointed guardians of correct postings and anti anything that slightly disagrees with whatever they (the self appointed guardineestas of our trading virginity) deem is correct according to their gospel.
For what it is worth I have paid for tuition from John Bartlet. Naz and Mr Charts and I (I presume I am allowed to decide what I think) found that by availing myself of other traders experiences gained no doubt painfully with the usual cost in time, money and stress, did learn a lot from the interaction.
I have over the last few weeks written many posts and then cancelled them because I really do not have the time to get involved in this absolute time wasting debate about the qualifications of various trainers.
But the thing that really p****s me off is people giving judgements on something they know nothing about.
This next remark is directed at stevet and all those who applaud his or hers poisonous posts, HOW DARE YOU HIJACK THIS BOARD AND DEPRIVE US (the very supposedely vulnerable very silent majority) OF ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HELP US TO BECOME MORE PROFICIENT.
NEIL, who the hell gave you the right to intervene on our behalf, mind your own business, if you are so successful at trading that you can afford to close your mind good luck to you but don't pull the ladder up cos there are some of us that just might want to hear what others have to say.
I personally do not give a damn if someone wants to sell something, I work huge amounts of hours in a world where everyone wants to sell something, so what, this is 2003 everyone and his dog wants to sell something, the point is we are over 21, we can decide what we want to buy.

I think if we are not careful this board will go the same way as lots of others, there are officially over 6000 members, to be exact 6399 last count, how many post? just the usuals, why, because apart from the sterling and consistent posting by those who give to the board rather than detract from it, most are put off by the fact that any poster of an innocent question is liable to drowned in a deluge of vitriol and negative comments and that is just to the poster, God help anyone who dares to reply to the original question.
It is very sad, we all know, even those of us just starting that trading is probably one of the most difficult disciplines to get to grips with, why then do we put up with those who will out of priciple gainsay most of what others might post, it just might be something that we want to hear.
Surely I can not be the only only one on this board that feels this way, why should we give in to the knockers, if I am going to loose my shirt, I at least want it to be on my terms.
Save your board, it is one of the finest you will ever find, I have learnt so much here, I despair that other beginning traders will not find the help that I have found here, and that will happen if we can not return to the original principles of the board, which I presume were to pass knowledge and experience on to all.
I apologise for taking up so much time with this post but I feel passionately about what I have said, recently I read a thread started by Mr Chill regarding trading courses, many times I nearly posted, I do not think I have read so much drivel since I stopped reading the Beano, most written by those who have no idea of the tuition offered some respected members of this board, and at the high point of the thread some joker recommended that Mr Chill should spend $6000 on some mentoring scheme, where were the knockers then, did not hear a word, perhaps they only surface when the cost is under a grand, if it is $6000 and is not offered by people we know and trust then it is OK. MY arse it is OK.(No disrespect intended towards SPMentor, I have no knowledge of his services) How much longer to we have to listen to egos written on a daily basis, I am here to learn, to exchange ideas,and if I ever become any good to help new traders on the way.
I suggest that this board reverts to it's original intent, I for one have no intention of remaining here if the decline continues, why not cut dead any negative ideas, refuse to respond to contentious posts, those who feed on this will soon get fed up and move on to another board where they can cause dissent.

Kind regards to all and grateful thanks to all the ideas freely given that have helped me to progress a bit further into this obsessive but obsorbing subject.

David

exactly peedee.

Hi there Soultrader,

Believe it or not there are some people at this site that would like to hear your views.

you certainly have one or two members around here weighed up!

JUST GO FOR IT!!!!!

JUST WATCH OUT FOR THE BANANA SKINS!